69.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Life Insurance with a family history of Breast Cancer - which companies will provide this?

1 REPLY 1
Lizzy_BCC

Re: Getting Life Insurance with a family history of Breast Cancer - which companies will provide thi

Hi radialgirl, 

I am sorry you have had some trouble getting life insurance and I am sure any users who have had experiences of this will be along soon to share their advice and support. 

In the meantime you can always call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about getting life insurance with a family history and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy

radialgirl

Getting Life Insurance with a family history of Breast Cancer - which companies will provide this?

Hi

I'm a 31yo female, currently healthly (thank goodness) but my mum died of breast cancer. She was diagnosed at 47.

I've been trying to get life insurance to cover my mortgage etc in case of death/critical illness, but the couple of companies that I tried have said that they will not pay out in case of breast cancer as I have it in my family history. Which makes getting the insurance a bit pointless really...

I've looked online, and several places seem to suggest that some insurance companies will cover you even with a family history, but you have to pay an added premium/cost.

Has anyone found Life Insurance cover which covers you for BC even with a family history? Which company did you use? (Please note  - I don't want links for brokers such as Wellwoman - I want to know who the actual insurance was provided by)

Thanks to everyone for reading. It seems strange that there is lots of help for people with/post BC to get insurance, but little information on those who don't have it (but might in the future)