Getting my head around diagnosis

Was diagnosed last week - a 9mm cancerous lump, which surgeon said looks to be non aggressive and thinks it will be just an op, rads and then hormone therapy.

Have had another core biospy done to determine hormone receptor and MRI is early next week. Results will be provided at the end of next week.  

I now have two red sore spots in my armpit on the other side which I am worried about.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis Juno and I’m so glad you found us here. There are lots of lovely ladies here who will help you.  I’m 48 and was diagnosed back in March with a 5cm ER/PR+ HER2- locally advanced tumour including local nodes. I’ve had 8 rounds of chemo, and mx and lymph node removal a couple of weeks ago. I just started on Tamoxifen today and am awaiting the start of radiotherapy in a couple of weeks. It’s quite the regime but it’s all doable. Just look after yourself and eat nice and healthy ready for treatment. Try not to overthink as you’ll get anxious and make yourself ill. I certainly did a bit of that for the first couple of weeks. The waiting is the hardest time but once your treatment plan is underway it gets easier. You can then join the going through treatment threads to connect with others going through the same. Hugs and best wishes to you. Xx

Hi Juno,
My diagnosis was similar to yours, including having the mri scan. 7mm, er+, had WLE & node biopsy, followed by rads & tamoxifen & was back to life as normal within a few months.
Try not to worry about the spots, inevitably the mind goes into overdrive when waiting for results, but it’s highly unlikely to be related in any way.
ann x

Hi Juno — I was diagnosed this week too. 4cm lump, low aggression and am waiting on my treatment plan. Every pain/twinge — I’m constantly worrying about but I’m hoping in time things will get easier. We have to power though this x

Juno and Sam

I really do think that once you have your treatment plan it does helps immensely.  You know what is going to happen and when which gives you comfort and also those around you.

I remember when I had mine, the doubt and uncertainty dissolved I knew I was going to be treated, Mr Blobby as I named my tumour would be out of my body, and that there was a light at the end of tunnel, albeit it a few months down the line, it was there.

Sending you both hugs

Helena xxx

Hi Juno, sorry thst it wasnt the results you were hooing for. I was diagnosed on 29th August. IDC, GRADE 2, ER+, HER2+. I had staging scans CT and Bone, which were clear. I also had a heart scan before starting Chemo.

I started Chemo on 27th of September. I have now had 3 chemo and having my 4th next wed 29th. I am having 7 chemo with herceptin and permuzetab - tbe targeted therapies for Her2.

I am having a masectomy after my treatment finishes. I cant have a WLE or radiotherapy as i had them last year when i had DCIS - non invasive breast cancer.

Once you know your treatment plan you will feel more reassurex. If it does involve chemo, there is huge support and advice on the monthly tbreads to help you through. Chemo is doable and life goes on as normal as possible.

Stay strong and positive - you can do this xx

Had my WLE and SNB on Tuesday and I am now recupurating - managing to get out for walks but napping lots as well.

My MRI scan was clear apart from the one tumour which was measured to be 13mm so not 9mm after all. Its been graded 2.  The HER status came back as negative so that was good news as well.  Its now an anxious wait for the results of the operation - staging, margins and biospy of the lymph node.

Hope everyone is doing ok?