68476members
360296posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very nervous as results day gets ever closer!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Getting very nervous as results day gets ever closer!!!

Hi Lyn,
You are in the same boat as me.
I had my WLE on the 18th and got the results a week later when I was told the grade 3 IDC tumour had been removed completely with good clear margins, so that was excellent news. However, they found some DCIS cells inside the removed tumour that extended into the otherwise clear margin at one side with just a tiny 0.5mm clear gap. This is too small, so I have to have another excision when she will shave a bit more tissue off that side. Second op scheduled for 22nd Feb. With the margins being clear for the IDC and only the DCIS invading the margin, I'm not sure if it will be a mastectomy or additional radiation if the second op fails.

So, like you, back to the waiting game. Hey ho. xxxxx
Highlighted

Sorry to hear that lyn, I had two op's because they couldn't get margins, unfortunately I had 3rd op mx 20th dec. I just wanted to say that although it ended up me having mx, I do feel that it was better for me mentally to accept the mx. the surgeon had tried his best and it wasnt a huge shock when that decision was made. They do get great results with margins usually so let's hope you will be successful. The waiting is the worse part of all this.
Good luck and wishing you a better outcome next time
Maggie x
Highlighted

Hi Ladies, well the news wasn't what I wanted to hear unfortunately margins not clear so now having to wait for re-excision, doc was lovely took his time to explain what they did in the first surgey and all about the margin clearance. Have been advised if clear margins not met it will be a mastectomy next time.
Have to wait till 20th Feb for next surgery so it's back on the waiting bench, even more sleepless nights. I'm gutted i've got to go through this again. I went in feeling really positive and came out totally deflated. Have my path report now which my BCN went through it so quick I didn't take it in, at least I can go through at home.
Lyn x
Highlighted

Thanks ladies for your kind words of support it really means a lot to me, well today's the day! am I scare yes, to be honest I'm petrified , but I know that negative thoughts are bad for me and have decided that today will be the start of my new life what ever the outcome. Positivity all the way.
Pammy good luck with your results lets hope we both get what we're hoping for!! (((Big Hugs)) for tomorrow Pammy x
thanks and hugs to you all
Lyn xx
Highlighted

Hi Lyn
Can't add any more to what the others have said. Needless to say I add my sympathies, love and I'm also sending hugs and positive thoughts to you. Good luck for Thursday.

pg xx
Highlighted

Just read your post and I too have been newly diagnosed and waiting for path results on FRiday. THe waiting is terrible and you sway from being optimistic to thinking the very worst.
Highlighted

Hi Lyn
I'm two weeks ahead of you having had the WLE on 2nd Jan and saw the consultant post op on 16th. Saw Oncologist for 1st appt today then there's more waiting for rads planning appt and THEN I get the rads so I think it's going to be a few weeks yet (plus I'll be on hols so may have to delay it a couple of weeks).
Hope Thursday goes OK. They should go through the path report in detail with you - ask for a copy if you want one. It's defo a case of us being in someone elses hands. I trust them and believe that they are treating me as best they can according to my diagnosis.
Let us know how things go
x
Highlighted

No wonder you are scared and frightened. You are having a very tough time of it but now have a positive attitude towards it. Keep strong, it won't be long now before Thursday. Once you know these results you will be able to get control over it. Ask as many questions as you can, and get a copy of the pathology report to take home and digest in your own time. You are right, you can't change any of it, so the best way forward is to find out everything you can - knowledge is power so they say. I wish you all the luck in the world and am sending you positive vibes too. Let us know how you get on. xxx
Highlighted

My heartfelt sympathy, prayers and gentle hugs are heading your way Lyn. Hang in there for Thursday and keep us posted. Whatever the outcome it will be better then the waiting I promise.
xxx M
Highlighted

Oh Lyn my thoughts are with you . It sounds as though you have an awful lot to cope with at the moment so I hope you manage to stay strong for Thursday and ask all the questions that you have looming in your mind. It is the fear of the unknown which is the worst part of this illness so I am sending you love , hugs and positive vibes, Tracy xxx
Highlighted

Getting very nervous as results day gets ever closer!!!

Had WLE on 16th and have had to wait until 31st for the results as the day looms ever closer I am getting really quite worried. The last few weeks have been an absolute nightmare waiting. Tears and sleepless nights have nearly got the better of me. My emotions have been all over the place. This is all part of the rollercoaster we are all on. Not quite sure what to expect on thursday, hopefully i will get the pathology report. I have kept my head in the sand a bit not asking questions incase i didn't like what I heard.
I have decided i need to ask questions and have compiled a list. I truly understand how people who have just been diagnosed and how everyone waiting for results feel and my heart goes out to them. I have been humbled by the support from the lovely ladies on this site. I have told my self that whatever the outcome is i cannot change it and what ever treatment i may need will be for the best.
Not been on here for a few days as my son who has lung cancer has been poorly, thankfully he is on the mend now.
One very scared and frightened lady at the moment!