Getting worried..

Just had an ultra sound on my good breast at my request as didn’t feel a mammogram alone was enough considering my other breast turned out to be riddled. They have just this morning found a 1cm lump and i had 2 biopsy’s taken. Im now waiting for CT results from last week(i was told high risk its spread) and now this new worry. But my main concern is I’m waiting to start chemo.The longer this is all taking the more worried I’m getting about the delay.My worry is the longer it takes to get started with chemo the more chance it could be spreading while i wait!

Those of you who had chemo following mastectomy how long was your gap please?

What if it is in other breast,i would have to have mastectomy again and then chemo delayed again!!! They were not even going to check the other breast other than mammo,its only because i asked for it !!!

Soz for ramble,just all getting crazy and i was only diagnosed bout 8weeks ago…

Dear Debs

I was diagnosed on November 1st 2012 and had my mastectomy and sentinal node biopsy on December 12th 2012 and started chemo on 5th February 2013 (February Valentines 2013) so a total of 15 weeks from diagnosis and about 9 weeks between surgery and start of chemo. 

I don’t know the answer to you second question. If you do have it in your other breast too, they might let you have chemo first and then do the mastectomy afterwards. That would seem to me to be the most sensible option, but since when did ‘sensible’ come into it?? I know that some patients have chemo before surgery anyway, so it could be that this is what they decide. They will do whatever they think best for you, but you could ring your BCN and ask, or ring the free helpline on here for a chat with one of the nurses. The number is 0808 800 6000.

poemsgalore xx 

Fantastic news, Debs. Onward and upward! Xxx