Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift for a friend

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Gift for a friend

Sorry I got the link wrong. Www.mytrustyskincare.co.uk
Highlighted

I'd say offer to cook meals for her during the treatments, especially a couple of weeks in. I would love someone to do that for me.

As far as creams are concerned it's quite personal, and with an exemption certificate, can get anything on prescription for free.
Over the counter, I use www.mytrusty.com products and hoping to continue using these.
Highlighted
Community Champion

No problem. Boots is probably your best bet x
Highlighted

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely be on hand for support and will have a look this weekend in the shops.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Sophie

What a lovely idea!

You know the most important thing for her would be you by her side. When I had radiotherapy every day, I was lucky enough to have a friend and family to take me, which made all the difference.

In regards to moisturisers, when she has radiotherapy, E45 cream is recommended. I don't think there are any restrictions on hand cream or lip balm. The other item you can get is deodorant. I used No Germs, which I got off Amazon which has no chemicals. It has to be perfume free.

The scarf/ wrap is a great idea.

Hope this helps xx

Highlighted

Gift for a friend

Hello,

Apologies if this isn't the best place to ask. My friend has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be undergoing radiotherapy after her surgery.

I want her to know I'm thinking of her so wanted to get her some things to try and make her feel a bit better during treatment. My question is, is there anything (lotions, foods etc) you would recommend from experience or things to keep away from. I was planning on moisturising lotion, hand cream, lip balm but worried I may get the wrong ones. The treatment will be in the summer/early autumn so would a large scarf/wrap be good in case she gets cold. 

Thank you in advance and apologies for all the questions I just don't want to get it wrong.