Ginger Smurfette feeling blue after results

Ginger Smurfette feeling blue after results

Ginger Smurfette feeling blue after results Hi Claire and Fee and fellow members of the Younger Women Club!

Have read some of the other posts about how you are all doing and thought I’d be brave and share my results as I think I need some support as I’m feeling quite scared. Don’t know how to ‘lock’ my last thread though!

Feeling a bit bluer than my name describes. Found out today that although lump was slightly smaller than expected I have to return for further surgery in the next 2 weeks as at least one of my lymph nodes has tested positive so I have to have more nodes taken out my armpit and a bit more breast tissue. I’m feeling gutted and worried in case it means it’s got into my lymph system but feel healthy so maybes I’m ok? Also have to have Chemo (don’t know what cocktail or how many sessions) then Radiotherapy and then Tamoxifen. Don’t know about Hirseptin yet. Also looked at my scars today as dressings have come off and feel very self concious and ‘faulty’ is that normal?. My Boyfriend has been a rock and bless him is saying they are sexy. I couldn’t have got through this without him especially as his Wife died of breast cancer and liver cancer 2 years ago so this is lightening striking twice for him.

I haven’t a clue what to expect from this point onwards and although I’m trying to view the wig idea like Samantha from Sex and the City I’m dreading losing my ginger mane, will it grow back okay and what colour!?! Liking the idea of no periods and as they are painful anyway and less shaving! but what else happens ??

I know I’m panicking but all this is much scarier and harder than I first thought. I just want my life back to the way it was. Please help!?

Ginger Smurfette :frowning:

So sorry to hear, Hi Ging

I was thinking about you all day and am so sorry that you have had bad news, I can’t begin to say anything that will help, just that i’m here, and that its just a bit more complicated than you thought, you will get this bugger, It’ll just take more time than you thought, I’m so sorry, I’d love to get your e-mail, arrange for a coffee/etc,

here listening!
Claire

Thanks Thanks Claire

I forgot to mention it’s Grade 2 as well. So looks like it’s been caught (hopefully) before it decides to have too much of a party in my armpit or elsewhere for that matter!

Keep in touch. Real name is Helen or Hels as my friends call me. But Ginger Smurfette sounds funnier! Still got a blue boob been told it might be like that for a bit!

GS :slight_smile:

Blue boobs I love your name!

We could have a blue boob night out, blu bamboo maybe!!
I still have a blue boob over 3 weeks later!

Grade 2 looks like you caught it quick, what size was the little s**t in the end?
Claire

Hi there

I dont usually post on here as although im young im not really part of any of the gangs that have been started ha ha.
Sorry to hear your story, just a quick note about your hair, i think im right in saying that not all chemo drugs make you loose your hair so find out before worrying about that, maybe this will be one less worry.
When i lost mine i was a complete mess as i had long blonde hair and even as a kid i wouldnt even go down to the corner shop unless my hair looked nice, im so vein but i know im not alone, anyway i spent a fortune at a private salon as i bought two wigs and then i got invited to have a prescription one at the hospital, i was really against the idea but thought it might be useful as a spare, when i went i was really surprised as they had a great range for different ages and different styles, you can even choose highlights to put in it, i chose one and i loved it, i wore it every day and didnt even bother with the one’s i’d spent lots of money on. I was quite conscious that it would look wiggy so i used head bands with mine and it seemed to break it up and absolutely no one could tell it was a wig, the head bands looked great with it so thats something to think about. Also after the initial shock and emotions of loosing your hair when you start wearing your wig its actually great that when your going out you can sort your hair out in about two mins and there’s no hairs on your legs to shave, so there’s a positive for you, oh and even though youve spent two mins on your hair it will still look better than anyone else’s.

I hope ive made you feel a little better.
Good luck

Tracey

Feeling Blue after Results Hi Gingersmurfette

Here is a hug which is what you need most with the day you have just had.

Partners can be a real tower of strength. Steve is an absolute brick.

Don’t worry too much about your looks. My advice is be thankful you are here.

Try contacting the Breast Cancer Care Online team and helpline.

I would highly recommend Peer Support for you too.

My heart goes out to you both at this time.

Hugs and all the support I can offer.

Fee

blue boob gang Hi Claire

It was 31 mm which too me sounds big but apparently is small.

Just found out can’t have op until 5 July if I want to stick with same surgeon but been re-assured that waiting until then won’t mean too much partying in my armpit for the cancer. As I’m worried in case it escapes in the next few weeks but I gather it doesn’t work like that. I have no other symptoms so they reckon I’m fine.

So the party going on in there will be gatecrashed soon and given an ASBO to never come back!

GS :slight_smile:

message from a fellow ginge :o) Hey Ginge or is it Hels??

My name is Jenny i am 30yrs old and was diagnosed with a grade 2 5cm lobular or something cancer its called, cant really remember theres so much 2 take in. Like urself my friends think im mad and i seem 2 be treading on every day like i used 2 normally do, but things cant change that much really as i have 3 children and cant really take a back seat. I had my 1st dose of chemo on the 23rd may, both my bone scan and ct scan were clear and it had only spread to 1 lymph node which my breast cancer nurse said was really good news as i think they thought it was worse than that, and so that gave me a bit more positivity. I coped really well after my chemo i wasnt sick altho i was taken into hosp last mon with exhaustion so i now know that im not wonderwoman (im gutted ha). They told me i have 2 rest even if i dont feel like it, but i find that hard with my lifestyle… I am keeping my fingers crossed that i will cope ok with my 2nd cycle which is on the 13th june. I go 2 c a faith healer which also gives me positivity and is really relaxing so if u beleive in spiritual healing i wud really tell u 2 try it. Anyway i just thought that i wud tell u that its nice 2 read bout some1 who sounds similiar 2 me personality wise and i really look 4 ward 2 reading ur reply. Take care babe
Jen
xxxx