1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glad that bit's over!

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Glad that bit's over!

Jillybee    I like the chelsea buns,  bet there were some removing the cherries.and giggling    I am hoping that I will get my cherries for Xmas,

Robs,  hope the bruising is improving. and hope the results are ok,  will be thinking of you.

Toulula and Luckylass hope you are both ok. 

When i was on the ward for 2 nights after the last op, the lovely male nurse bought me some biscuits with cup of t at about 1 am. and again later,(was having BP taken every 30 mins, very low. )   when the ward volunteer came round with the tea in the afternoon I got chatting to her and found out that she bought in all the biscuits and paid for them herself, -how lovely-  so  when i went back the following week to have dressings checked, I filled a large pretty bag with as many packets as I could and took them to the ward. - hopefully that would of helped a bit . There are some fantastic people around.

I am feeling better, ribs have mended, just having to be careful and not pick up our little Hefalup- granddaughter is about 21lbs now- sitting up and full of smiles and giggles. Also less tearful so hopefully it is all over. Didn't like how i felt in May/June, don't wish to repeat it, 

Take care everyone,

and  Huggles  to you all. 

Jilly, I think your Chelsea buns were perfect! I work in a hospital, and knew many of the staff that treated me, and I know they would have loved the buns and seen the humour! That is something I have experienced being on this site, we are all scared, angry, feeling lost at times, but we all still seem to manage some humour. Wishing you well. x

Hi Jenny, my daughter will be 26 this August 4th, seems like a life time ago. It's now 3 days post surgery, really not in a lot of pain, uncomfortable and bruised, but not really pain, although it all looks weird, black, blue, swollen and well sunken. Just this waiting game again for the path results. x

I was exactly the same.Close to tears all the time

Reading this thread,thanks for the good wishes,by the way,but reading about the gifts we buy for the staff.At my last visit to the BC clinic I bought some Chelsea buns.....white icing with a cherry in the middle.Goodness knows why I bought these. Must have reminded me of something!!!!Especially as I ended up with no boobs at all!

Hello Robs,  Hope by the time that you read this that you will be back  home with a nice cup of tea,  will be thinking of you. 

Toulula, jillybee and luckylass    also thinking of you all, and hope you are all having a good day and enjoying this gotgeous weather.

Warm Huggles to you all.

Jenny.  

PS Robs how old is your daughter.  are grandaughter was born at RUH in Jan this year.  ,

Think that's normal, I am ok until someone is kind to me and then I just can't stop crying. xx

Well done you, I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow at Dorset county Hospital (my daughter was born in RUH Bath by the way). I am terrified and your post has helped me feel less so. It is supposed to be day surgery and as I am also a memeber of staff at the same hospital, I know quite a few of the team and that is also encouraging. I am hoping I won't have to stay in, but will do what they think is best. Just wondered how you feel about people calling you brave? That is the last thing I feel. Heal well, and as painlessly as possible, will look forward to you updates.

All the best

Robs

Loads of little bottles and tubes of stuff from Body Shop.

I went out with my sister and friends to bingo tonight but was sick on way so back home I had taken pain tabs hospital gave me 20 mins before and felt sick most of night taking ice water xxx

You are all so lovely on this site thinking of other people I keep crying when my family and friends fuss over me is this right to feel like this hugs to every one xxx

Hi Everyone, Hope you are all having a good day,

Toulula & Luckylass  i will be thinking of both of you as you wait for your results,  

Luckylass i have sent you a PM 

Sending you all a big bundle of Huggles.  ( my young grandsons special word)  think it is hugs and cuddles, so enjoy.

Jenny 

Large tin roses choc

Hi there Toulula, sorry to hear it is taking you a while to 'come round'. Unfortunately, the nerves can get bruised a bit, from what I read here they do normally recover, given a little time. I am still getting light-headed spells, but I am eating - at first I had to make myself eat, just a very little, along with sips of water all day. You need the nutrients to help you heal, so a little soup or a biscuit with your tea, anything to start your digestive system get back to normal. Take your pain control meds as you were advised, do the exercises, if only to feel you are doing something towards feeling better.

I am seeing the BCN later today to check the wounds, like you, results 2 weeks after the surgery.

Good luck tomorrow!

Had mine last Thursday could not pass water had to drink 3jugs of water then my bp was low and felt light headed said it was the morphin have not eaten much came home do not fancy anything wonder if this is normal.lost 7lb in weight now have nerve pain in my arm near wear I was cut hope it goes away have to see nurse in morning to look at dressings will ask her good luck to you xxxxhave my results in 2weeks

Hi this is day6after my op but now have nerve pain down top of my arm thought I was hearling ok till last night just hope they have not damaged neves when doing lath nodes

What a good idea to take fruit, Jo1! I shall have to see what I can arrange. I was thinking of taking something tomorrow, but i don't think the transport can divert to the supermarket. Deliveries are so expensive, I shall have to wait until I am driving again.

Hi there, Jenny065 - I did post in the 'Events, Campaigns and Meet-ups' section, but it doesn't seem to be working very well as a 'connector' for people in the same area (I think the section name doesn't help that). I think I shall stick to 'meeting' online for now, I'm not really a 'joiner', but glad to 'meet' you anyway!

Hi LuckyLass, Hope you are feeling better today, I'm also under the team at RUH, and can't fault the fantastic care I have had, I went to the Breast of Friends meeting yesterday, Kate had arranged for a lady to talk and demo Reflexology-  very relaxing. and lovely to chat to other ladies. Next meeting is Mon 4 Aug, maybe see you there. 

Take Care, Jenny  xx. 

Yes, I'm surprised at the range of differences too.Anx, hope they've been able to sort things out for you so you're more comfortable.

I took punnets of strawberries and cherries for the brilliant staff to share - I'd given up sweets, choc (the most difficult thing - I used to eat so much of it!), cakes and biscuits, ice cream too, so didn't think it a good idea to take any of those in, and most of the staff at our hospital were slim too.

Jo x

For what is supposed to be standardised treatment, what a lot of variation there is! I had the radioisotope injected Thursday, but the wire insertion was not done until Friday morning, then the blue dye was injected in theatre.

anx 56, I hope you got your anti-sickness drug and are feeling better now, and that the wound has settled better too.

Toulula, I am wondering what to take them - it has to be 'share-able', but they all looked so slim I wonder if chocolates will really be the right thing.

Yes they are all so wonderfully will buy something nice to give to breast clinic and day ward

Hi there Lucky Lass I had the same and am feeling glad its over.  Had the wire inserted and Radioactive dye injected on Friday came home overnight and back Saturday for the WLE came home yesterday morning. Still feeling sick and dizzy so rang the ward today and they say I need an anti sickness drug the wound is a little hot and red so BCN going to check on me.  Thinking of you and hope the continued treatment goes well.

Glad that bit's over!

Had wire-guided WLE and SNB on right side on Friday (4th) morning, expecting to come home the same day. Far too sleepy and queasy, stayed in overnight, got home yesterday morning. Still getting spells of slight wooziness and mild nausea, but no doubt that will soon pass. Little bit of tingling in hand/fingers, pain under control, not too hugely swollen. Not having any problems raising arm, reaching etc (I am right handed) so I need not have worried about e.g. brushing hair, food preparation etc. In fact, the BCN encouraged me to use my arm as normal, excepting heavy lifting, plus the exercises she has given me 5 times a day. Go back to see her on Wednesday (if i can arrange transport, I would usually drive to the hospital), results in approx. 2 weeks.

Brilliant team at RUH Bath - had seen nurse, registrar, surgeon, anaesthetist and BCN all in the first hour after booking in, as I was second on the list. The surgeon even popped in to see me after 6pm in the Recovery Ward when I am sure she should have been on her way home, having started at 8 or before.