375868posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasgow/Ayrshire area

Welsh_girl

Re: Glasgow/Ayrshire area

Hope you all have a great meeting and loads of laughter later today.
I've sent you my best wishes via Lynn from our Feb 2010 thread.
I'm sure it will be a hoot!

Wx

Special wishes to Lulu. Hope you're ok and not too wobbly....
It all takes its toll though.....
You take extra special care. x

bob20

I've sent you a text Lulu. Hopefully see you tomorrow x

Lulu34

I hopefully will make it if I'm feeling ok in the morning.

Al what train are you getting as I will try and get the same one? I only really want to travel if I can tag along with somebody a bit of a scardey cat travelling on my own as its only two weeks since last chemo and I'm a bit wobbly still.

Lulu x

jreedy

Hi

Sorry folks I can't make tomorrow. Hopefully get to the next lunch. Have a great time and enjoy.

Jo x

RevCat

thanks Bob/Al... Kind of fun to imaginee Biff/Lizz chasing a football though... just hope the weather is OK!

*** Soho rang me to confirm numbers so I said 12 with possibly 2 extra... so hope that works out about right!***

See you all tomorrow

bob20

One down for sat- biff/Lizz can't make it due to footballing commitments (her sons, not hers!!).

RevCat

Hi Scottdolly... great idea, hope she is able to come and meet all you fab ladies.

Bob/Al, I will up the booking numbers!!!

T'wil be gradely, as they say in the north of England!!

scottdolly

Hi Rev Cat....I am still def coming along. I may bring a lady along who has recently been diagnosed...I think it would be really good for her to meet you all.....Looking forward to seeing you all x

sheil

Hi all
Tis all looking good. Lulu, would be great if you can come. And if I remember, the Soho menus made good fans!
S
X

RevCat

No, not bad maths just a few of the folk on the 'definites' list haven't confirmed they're coming yet and past experience suggests a few late drop outs due to real life getting in the way! I'm sure I can up it 15 between now and Sat if needed... and if extras show up we'll just be extra cosy!!

bob20

Think Anne Marie and Lorna are coming too so is that not 14? Or 15 if Lulu is coming. Or is that just my bad maths? Quite possibly! Al x

RevCat

It's now Wednesday evening... Looking like around 12 confirmed, so unless there's a sudden influx of replies here or PM I'll leave the booking as it stands and see you on Saturday at 1:30-ish.

Just remember ours is the table having the most fun! Don't forget your fans!!!

RevCat

Thanks Al... I guessed that may be case... which is partly why I think that if we could have another contact route that'd be good. Another thread I follow has just started talking on FB and they persuaded me to join. Not saying we need a blethering place on FB, just that if folk are on there it's quick to contact them if they are happy to be contacted.

bob20

Revcat- just to let you know that biff//Lizz can still make it too. I'm Facebook friends with her but she doesn't really use this site any more. Al x

lynvee

Hiya - Argyle St. 4min walk ish

Lynn
x

Marym17

I'll still be coming Revcat but will have to leave early.
My next door neighbour suffered a really dense stroke just after I was diagnosed just over a year ago, she's much younger than I am, but with a lot of hard work on her part has come a long way and she's having a party which I wouldn't want to miss.
Am I better getting off the train at Argyle St or Central Station?
See you then,
Margaret x x x

RevCat

Lulu - sorry you can't get down to Newcastle but it'd be great to see you, I'm sure we can squeeze one in at the last minute if needed. Hope you're feeling OK after all your chemo.

Be good to hear about your FB group and how we could do something similar without losing the ability for new girls to find us.

Take care and maybe see you soon... exciting!

Lorna - it's OK we all do it all the time, you'll fit in fine!

Lulu34

I could maybe come after all as I can't go to the engagement party in Newcastle as the freind I was going with can't make it and don't want to go on my own.... So could maybe come to lunch instead.... Can I let ou know near the end of the week depending on how I'm feeling?

Like Al says I set up en Edinburgh breast buddy group on FB where we organise all our lunches and works pretty well... It's private so we can talk about any BC worries we have too. Anybody on FB who fancies coming to the Edin lunch just let me know and I can add you to it as well.

Lulu x

Lorna45

Ignore me, just looked back and see its 1.30, surely I will find it.lol.

Lorna45

Hi , I am a definite. What time. Looking forward to it.xx

Lorna

sheil

Dear BB
Didn't I tell you I can't be trusted - Xup and breweries etc. So glad you've taken the reins.

See you all Saturday, looking forward to meeting old and new. And a wee FB group or something would be good. Again, just don't get me to organise it.

S
X

Bod

Hi - yes still coming! Happy to swap contact details. Jane

annemarie2412

Hi there. I was down as a maybe for Saturday's lunch but am happy to say that I am now a definite! Looking forward to seeing you all then.
AM

bonnielass

Hi,

Still planning to come too!

Emma x

lynvee

see you then.
x

gordok1

Hi rev cat and ladies, I will be there on saturday, maybe ten minutes late, partner working and need him to look after kids. Looking forward to meeting you all, karen x

bob20

I'm still coming! I can bring sticky labels again too. Happy to swap contact details. I'm on an Edinburgh bcc Facebook group and it works quite well so we could always start a wee Glasgow one up too. Looking forward to Saturday. Deciding whether to give anything up for Lent today-was going to do alcohol but then I couldn't have any wine on Saturday so will maybe do crisps our chocolate instead...

I'll email you re meeting at the station Emma. If anyone else wants to meet at Queen St, let me know, otherwise see y'all at SoHo. Al x

RevCat

Hello Ladies... wow, how exciting, I think, the day draws near and we are still adding more names... hurrah for BonnieLass and the YMF thread. I'd be glad if folk could confirm their intention to come ASAP as (a) we could be as many as 18 (b) we made need to revert to sticky labels again! I will PM reminders with my 'real world' name and mobile number those I think are coming.

RevCat
Sheil
Lynvee
Bonnielass/Emma
Scottdolly
Bob/Al
Gordok/Karen (NEW)
MaryM/Margaret
Lizz/Biff
jreedy/Jo (NEW)
Ray
Bod/Jane (NEW)

Definite maybes
Anne Marie
Caroline M
Lorna (poss + friend) (NEW)
Lynne123 (NEW)
Janesy (NEW)

Unknown yet
00Jan

Just a thought - how do people feel about either (a) collating contact details (which won't give to Sheil to leave in a cafe!!!) or (b) something like a FB group? I'm happy to drop back here, but I know some people prefer to leave the forum behind at some stage in the first year or so after treatment?

***please bring your diaries with you anyway so we can book another date***

Should change my name to BossyBoots!

sheil

Hi Emma
Sorry - no big magic stuff, think the best thing was just being with other people who've 'been there'. Some good presentations too.

And just in case there are any of the MF ladies here, all those who gave me their contact details so we could start up a wee contact group - I apologise profusely cos I left the notebook in the Aroma cafe (eejit I know). But I have contacted Kerry to ask her to get in touch with you all and hopefully we can still keep in touch. And if any of you want to join in with this gang that would be great.

Two lots of us, beginning to sound like a party!!

S
X

bonnielass

That is some gathering. Like Revcat says, I wonder if the restaurant will let us in! Especially as there will be two tables of BC girls! Just a shame for the ordinary punters who are looking for a nice quiet lunch!

Looking forward to seeing you all there. Sheil, looking forward to hear about the 'Moving Forward' course. You can fill me in on if you found it useful. Any magic formulas?

Jane/Karen (think I've got the names correct?) - will be good to meet you before the forum in March. Glad you should be able to make it.

Al - will be in contact with you regarding meeting at Queen Street station.

Just watching the funeral of Whitney - so sad. Loved her music when I was younger.

See you all Sat.

Emma x

RevCat

Wow Kim, that's a great coincidence! Do come over and say hello to us... as Bob says we can be recognised by our hair cuts, or lacks there of... Despite my lovely smart avatar pic from last month, mine is still reverting to chemo curls at the least provocation!

Will Soho know what's hit them? Two tables of crazy bcc girls...

bob20

I was at the YWF last year Kim. Didn't appreciate it fully as I'd had chemo two days before it and was unable to partake in a much wine as the rest of them! But it was still good. Yes, we're meeting in SoHo next Saturday at 1.30pm so you'll have a bit of a head start on us. Just look out for a large table with ladies sporting a variety of very short hair, woolly frizzy hair (me) and normal hair! X

kimmy2108

Hi Girls,
Sorry just catching up on this thread, it was a long read lol!! I probably know a few of you but don't recognise your names on here. I def know that Lulu one pmsl......!!
I've been a volunteer at the last 2 years YWF and have the privelege of being asked to do it again this year, so hopefully will get to meet some of you lovely ladies there.
Am I right in thinking that some of you are meeting for lunch next week in Glasgow, is it in Soho? Coincidently a group of us (8) that were models in the BCC fashion show 2years ago are meeting in Soho at 12.30. So hopefully see some if you there.
Take care xxxx

sheil

Hi to all, am looking forward to next week, seems a long time since we last got together. And after doing the Stobhill Moving Forward thing, it makes you realise there's nothing like being with others who've been throught the same thing.

S
X

RevCat

Hi Bod/Jane... welcome to our thread and so glad you would like to join us for lunch on 25th.

I think the current list is therefore:

RevCat
Sheil
Lynvee
Bonnielass/Emma
Scottdolly
Bob/Al
Gordok/Karen
MaryM/Margaret
Lizz/Biff
jreedy/Jo
Ray
Bod/Jane

Definite maybes
Anne Marie
Caroline M
Lorna (poss + friend)
Lynne123

Unknown yet
00Jan

We are booked in as a table for 12 but I can finalise that during the coming week

Bod

Hi RevCat & Emma - thanks for the invite to lunch (Younger Women's Forum thread). Would love to come. Look forward to it. Jane

RevCat

Hehehe Emma, don't worry, after all I only work one hour a week... Hope you all have a lovely time.

I have just registered for the BCC Ben Nevis Challenge in September... anyone else interested or registered? It might be nice to find a 'training buddy' between now and then.

Re:25th Lunch, I will be checking up early next week who is coming.... soooo bossy!

bonnielass

Hi,

It wasn't just Revcat thinking the Younger Women's Forum meeting was on a Sat/Sun - I assumed it was too. It's just as well I can still make it! Sorry if I misled anyone. And Revcat, sorry, just didn't think about you working on a Sunday - that is how thick I was!

Emma x

RevCat

Thanks Lulu... how thick am I not even checking the dates?! Btw, you made me laugh in a good way, so hope it didn't come across other than that. I love the humour of peeps up here; alas mine is a bit weird.

Looking forward to seeing many of you (again, as appropriate) soon.

Lulu34

Just wanted t say the forum isn't on a Sunday cat. It's fri and sat. But what I was meaning was you look younger than some of the people that were there. Lxx

Lorna45

I'm going to the forum, who else is ? Rev , I'm waiting to see if a friend can make it for the lunch.not sure about going alone, lol. She has just finished treatment as well. Will let u know ASAP.

Xxxx

RevCat

Lulu and Bob you did have me laughing... and now wondering how old I look! Even if they'd let me in, unfortunately it's too short notice for me to get a free Sunday. I'm really glad it's there for the younger women though... I was always the youngest by at least a decade at every stage of my treatment, so it must be incredibly isolating for people in their 20s and 30s.

Looking forward to our next nosh and you can all fill me on the various courses then! Of course, our meet is really the "eat, drink and be merry" forum! 😄

bob20

Ooh, who did you think looked old Lulu?! I got sent some info on this years forum from my bcn but I went last year so despite being in the right age group I'll give it a miss.

Lulu34

Cat they aren't that strict in places.... I was there last year and year before and there were women who were over 50 or if they werent they certainly looked it and tbh it's not like they ask for a birth certificate lol

It's a shame as there doesn't seem to be anything for inbetweenies...... For folks between 45 and 50 as they are still often pre menopausal with young fanilies at diagnosis and have similar issues to those who are included in the forum... Maybe it should be for premenopausal women at diagnosis rather than an actual age.... The issues of a 25 yr old single career woman maybe very differnt to a the issues of a 25 yr old married mother of 3.... Who may have closer issues to a 49 yr old in a similar situation.

Also if they aren't very well subscribed they maybe willing to over look the age thing as they would rather fill the places than have empty slots so I'd say it's worth giving them a buzz or filling in an application.

Lulu x

RevCat

Thanks Emma, they are REALLY strict on the ages... I see the point, if they let me (dx at 47 now just 49) they'd open the door to anyone 47-49 and then it'd just creep upwards. Plus the gap between say 29 and 49 is enormous.

There are Moving Forward courses - one running in Glasgow just now - but they are on week days in work hours, so no good for me either! As the old Goodies song goes (which you're too young to recall!) "are we just the inbetweenies everyone tries to forget"!!

(btw mods, I'm not complaining, you have an impossible task... over 45's in full time work just don't quite fit anywhere!)

bonnielass

Thanks Revcat,

That's a shame you are just out of the age range! Only just though! If you were keen to come you could always ask - by the sounds of it they had quite a few spaces to fill.

See you on 25th.

Emma x

RevCat

Thanks Emma,
yes it's under 45 at time of diagnosis ... I think a few 46/47s slip in on that basis, but I was too old being 47 at dx. Fair doos (how do you spell that?!) there has to be a cut-off. Hope it's useful and enjoyable for you and all the other <45s.

Hopefully others will spot it too.

bonnielass

Hi there,

I've just had an email from Emma from BCC regarding the 'Younger Women's Forum - Glasgow' and apparently there are still spaces available. I have just requested my registration form, as was unable to go last year as was quite ill after the chemo.

Just wanted to let others from Central Scotland know that it is being held, and for those aged under 45 (I think?). It should be quite an informative and hopefully fun weekend. More info can be found on the 'Younger Women' thread. (I will also post a separate thread in due course in case people don't notice this one.)

Will see you on the 25th to catch up. And welcome to Lynn as well, might meet you too if you're feeling up to it.

Emma x

PS, Remember to say to others about the Forum weekend if you think they may be interested - by the sounds of it there are quite a few empty spaces.

sheil

Hi and welcome from me too Lynn. Would be great if you could come on 25th. Its good to get together with people who've been there - or are still there!

Sheila

lynn123

HI
No having chemo at the vale of leven hospital,and then radiotheraphy at the Beatson my mum is in the Beatson at the moment she has secondary breast cancer , so i am up there most days, also like to pop into the Maggie Centre up there ,it has been real helpful to me this last week ,as i was really struggling mentally with it all.x