cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasgow/Ayrshire area

556 REPLIES 556
RevCat

Re: Glasgow/Ayrshire area

The new thread is here http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/your-area/gabbies-glasgowayrshirelanarkshire-anyone-else-west-ish-central-belt-ish
It doesn't seem to be appearing in the active threads list but this one is... teething troubles I guess. Techies we'll send you shortbread and whisky if it helps!
RevCat

Hi ladies... with the shiny new forum and with most of us now on Facebook, it's maybe time to let this thread fade away and start a new one that better relfects who and where we are? I have just started a new one - hope that's OK with all of you - for GABBies, hopefully it'll appear soon!
RevCat

JUNE LUNCH

Next lunch is Saturday 2nd June 1:30 at Soho on Miller Street.

You can let me know on FB, by PM or by leaving a comment here. But please don't confuse me by doing plural methods!!!

RevCat

Hello ladies - Alloway, Lynn and Dyanmic1 if you PM me your facebook link I can 'friend' you and add you to our group. We are looking at a next lunch on 2nd or 9th June; a few ladies going through treatment or newly diagnosed are looking at midweek meets too.

Alloway hope you get the answer you're seeking soon.

dynamic1

hi there i have not long joined the forums diagnosed with bc december 09 had lumpsectomy and rads then tammoxifin but had severe side effects so had to come off it.
im from the glasgow area and would be interested to maybe meet up with some of you ladies and maybe also join you all on facebook as well

many thanks

sheil

Hi Alloway
I had treatment at Crosshouse, but had DEXA scan - if that's the kind you mean - done at Ayrshire Central, and it was a year ago so can't really remember how long. The DEXA is just to detect bone thinning, but I think there's another kind to detect secondaries. If its the DEXA then I got my results at my GP.

Lynn
I'm on the facebook group, I think you have to get somebody who is already a friend to invite you, so send a note to Lulu and she can add you in.

Alloway too, do come join us on Facebook tt, as although we're called Glasgow/Ayrshire I've been the only Ayrshire one at the lunches so far, although I think there's one or two others joined the gang recently.

Send me a PM if you're on FB with details.

S
X

lynn123

ladies what is the facebook page ? tried to join before but think i just added lulu on facebook and not a group ?

RevCat

Hi Alloway,
No need to apologise for posting on our thread - all are welcome. I can't answer your question as mine was done at Gartnavel, and I think I had the results in about a week - certainly before I saw my oncolgist anway. I will post you question on our Facebook page and encourage anyone who knows the answer to post their reply here for you.

Alloway

Sorry to barge in but I wondered if anyone has had a bone scan at Crosshouse and how long it took to get the result?
Mine is 9am tomorrow, but the waiting game is awful....

RevCat

Hi Elli,
Have PMed you. Feel free to dip in and out as works for you.

Elli

Hi ladies,

I would be very interested in meeting up. I'm in Blantyre. I am getting mx may 3rd chemo to follow, but have no dates yet... So I may need to bail when that comes through.

I'll pm rev cat re Facebook group too.

Thanks for being here

Eleanor xx

RevCat

Just giving this a quick BUMP as I think there may be some new ladies on our 'patch' who may want to join us.

Our next lunch will be either 2nd or 9th June, still to be confirmed. All ages and stages, we meet, eat, laugh and support each other. We are also on Facebook, PM me if you want details.

Also there is a lovely Edinburgh group who overlap with us, so we can give you info for them if it's of interest.

Lulu34

enjoyed the lunch date.... hopefully ill be on better form next time to do a late one!

bob20

Thanks cat, I enjoyed too. Photos on Facebook page-for anyone who isn't on that but would like to be, pm one of us and we can add you. Al x

Bod

Thanks RevCat for organising and nice to catch up with everyone. Look forward to the next one! Jane

lynvee

thanks for organising Cat - enjoyed!
x

RevCat

Yum yum, full tum!

Good to see you today - thank you for your company.

Looking like next lunch will be be early June - just waiting for a few more replies before fixing the date.

Jamesy and Kezzie hope you are OK, we missed you today

Keep safe all. Hugs.

RevCat

*** Ladies wot's lunching today - can you bring your diaries as I'll be (bossily) trying to collate an avaialblilty list for our next nosh***

Ladies wot's not able to lunch today can you look at your diaries for May/June and let me know dates you can or can't do too?

Edinburgh & East ladies can you let me know your dates so we don't clash? Thank you!

New diners always wlecome - our secret plan is to take over an entire restaurant with ladies laughing in the face of cancer!

RevCat

I think this is us for tomorrow!

RevCat
Lynvee
Sheil
Bod/Jane
Bob/Alison
Bonnielass/Emma - maybe
Scottdolly
M – friend of Scottdolly
Biff/Lizz
K friend of RevCat
Kezzie 90
Jamesy
Lulu34 - maybe
Sheena
MaryM/Margaret
Lorna45/Lorna

bob20

Yes, looking forward to it. See you at Waverley Lulu, and see you at Queen St Emma.

Snowing here again! Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Al x

RevCat

Quick reminder! Names have altered a bit since the list above but I think we are still 16 people! See you all at Soho on Sat at 1:30 :0)

RevCat

Of course you can still come Lorna - just arrive, the numbers always shift and change a bit between booking and the day itself, so it'll be fine.

Revcat
Lynvee
Sheil
Bod/Jane
Bob/Alison
Bonnielass/Emma
Scottdolly
Biff/Lizz
K (non BCC forum, hence initial only)
Kezzie 90
Janesy
Lulu34
Sheena
MaryM/Margaret
J friend of Biff
Lorna

Possible
MichelleM

Lorna45

Oh dear I have missed the deadline, can I still come...lol. I haven't been online much .i I stand severely reprimanded !!!!!
Lorna xx

RevCat

Hi Ann/Kezzie 90 - I'll add you to the list and drop a quick PM to amke sure you know I have done so. It'll be good to meet you.

I think the list is...

Revcat
Lynvee
Sheil
Bod/Jane
Bob/Alison
Bonnielass/Emma
Scottdolly
Biff/Lizz
Kezzie 90
Janesy
Lulu34
Sheena
MaryM/Margaret
ANO friend of Biff

Possible
MichelleM

EDITED 3rd APRIL - BOOKED FOR 1:30 ON 14TH APRIL @ SOHO MILLER ST.

kezzie90

revcat, i wpold like 2 join ur lunch if possibele in Glas 14th,even though i, m an oldie love ann Kezzie90

RevCat

LUNCH AND CHAT 1:30 14 APRIL ALL WELCOME

Bumping up again - am making a booking on Monday so please add you name via comment if you want to join us. Plan is to go to Soho in Miller St http://www.sohoglasgow.com/index_1.php ~ 5 mins from Queen St rail or 2 mins from Argyle St rail (and no more about 5 from Central). Nearest subway Buchanan St or St Enoch. Prices up a bit since last time but still two courses for under a tenner.

Newbies very welcome.

RevCat

Just bumping this up to remind people we are planning a lunch for 14th April

Confirmed are, I think....

Revcat
Lynvee
Sheil
Bod/Jane
Bob/Alison
Bonnielass/Emma
Scottdolly
Biff/Lizz

Possible
MichelleM

Others please add or let me know via FB, PM or email as appropriate.

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are... it's fab-u-lous here in the West End!

lynvee

Me too - for the same reasons.
x

bob20

Hi Michelle. As Revcat says there are always new faces at the lunches, and we're a friendly bunch so you'll soon get to know us. Good luck for the pink ribbon walk. I had thought about doing that but I've signed up for the Glasgow womens 10k and its on the 13th May so I don't think I'd survive both in one weekend. Come join us on Facebook then you can get to know us before the next lunch.

Revcat- i'm happy to stick with SoHo. Cheap lunch offer and as you say, they let us hang around for hours.

Al x

RevCat

Hi Michelle,
You would be very welcome at our nosh-up - there are always new folk coming along, so there is no sense that it is a clique or anything. We range from newly diagnosed to about three years post dx, and cover pretty much all basic variants of experience. We are aged from 30's to 60's but everyone looks so young I have no idea what the actual range is. We have a laugh and are able to support one another, especially in the time when active treatment is past and people can feel a bit abandoned.

If you are on Facebook and want to join us over there in our 'secret society', then PM me your details and I'll 'friend' you.

Good luck for your Pink Ribbon Walk... I'm doing Ben Nevis in September.

michellem

Meal meet up sounds good but would be a bit nervous as i dnt know any of youxx

michellem

Hi everybody just registered for the 20 mile ribbon walk at scone palace perthshire sat 12 may xxjust wondered if anybody else is up for it should be a laugh xx

RevCat

Just BUMPing this up in case anyone 'new' wants to join us or to remind everyone else we're still here.

The suggested date for our next scrummy lunch is 14th APRIL in Glasgow city centre. Soho in Miller St is a great place - they let us stay for hours and hours - but if anyone has other ideas please let me know.

We also now have a private FaceBook group (i.e. only people we invite can join and only members can see it) where we can chat about stuff we might not feel able to share on here and/or plan more food. If interested please PM me or LuLu34 (Edinburgh based bc guru and web wonder-woman)

scottdolly

Had a lovely time on Sat ladies....look fwd to the next catch up on the 14th.....sorry I had to dash off...I am usually amongst the last man standing group. Great to see new faces and reconnect with old ones...what a truly inspirational group you all are.

bonnielass

Hi ladies,

Had a lovely time on Sat, great to see you all again. And lovely to meet the newbies! I will be joining you all on Facebook in due course (decided it's probably time!) and will catch up with you on there.

Emma x

Lulu34

lynn my FB page is in my profile... if you add me i can add you to the group its private so the posts wont show up on your wall.

had a fabby time ladies although iv been extrememly cream crackered today

lulu xx

lynn123

Hi im on facebook but a lot of people im friendly with on it dont know that i had cancer, but i would still like to join what names are you under?x

Marym17

Sorry I didn't make it yesterday. Had a bit of a sore throat Friday night and awake with miserable cold! I've been falling asleep all day.
Talking about sleep is anyone else who finished chemp/rads last July still feeling really tired?My eyes get gritty halfway through the day until I go to my bed- sometimes even sleep in the afternoon .
Maybe I'm just getting old! Otherwise I'm fine
Margaret

Bod

I enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday and had a lovely time. 4 hour lunches are fab! Hope next time to catch up with others I didn't chat to as much. Ladies, you've reassured me there is hair after chemo! RevCat - thanks so much for organising.

I can make the 14th April. I'm not on Facebook but might bite the bullet and see about signing up! Look forward to catching up with those who are going to the Younger Women's Forum in March. Jane

RevCat

*** We now have a private ('secret') group on Facebook where we can keep in touch outwith this forum. New and existing members welcome to join us for long lunches and/or 'over on FB'. ***

We will keep posting and checking back here too, so anyone not on FB please don't feel you are excluded.... just trying to support each other in diverse ways.

Target date for next lunch Sat 14 April 🙂 Please comment if available/interested either here or in the 'other place'

Best wishes to everyone.

"Little Miss Bossy"

lynvee

ps 14th April fine by me - returning from Cyprus on the 10th.
x

lynvee

Hi All - thanks for organising Cat, really enjoyed the afternoon as ever. Lovely to see everyone and hope to spend more time getting to know others that i didn't have time to speak with. Thanks again ladies.
x

RevCat

Hello MichelleM, welcome to the wonderful world of Weegie & West & anyone else who wants to join us thread! We will be planning another lunch soon, so hope you can join us then.

Many thanks to all who came today, and to those unable to make it for letting me know. I think Soho just about survived two lots of lovely BCC-gals landing at once! I had a great time and it was good to meet some more new people.

Thanks to everyone who gave me contact info... I will collate it and circulate to those on email. With some help form the amazing Lulu we are hoping to set up a private FB group so that those who don't visit here or feel they need a break form here can keep in touch more easily if they wish. Once it's there it will be a case of PM-ing to request an invitation to join(I think)

Anyway... another date soon, so here goes for a first pitch... 14th April. Venue suggestions welcome... and anyone who wants to is welcome to take a turn of organising!!!

A good day out ladies... thank you for your company.

UPDATE... sent off the emails with info but four people's emails didn't work, so either I misread them or mistyped them or the web is doing what the web does best. I will PM those four people to see if they can give me their details again

michellem

hi jll iam from paisley so not all that far away from you i ws diagnosed june 2011 invasive breast cancer grade 3 with spread to lymph node (1 affected out of 4)homone receptive, have had masectomy, 6 cycles of fec and finished 20 rads at the beatson on 18 jan this yearxx currently on tamaxifan and taking part in clinical trial for two years with the drug celecoxib would be great to keep in touchx michellex

Lulu34

I am coming cat. I'm on my way. Looking forward to seeing everybody xxx

RevCat

Hi Karen,
thanks for letting us know. See you another time.

Take care

gordok1

Hi revcat and ladies, I'm so sorry for late notice but I won't be able to make today, my partner has to work on (we need the money) and iv nobody to watch kids. I hope you all have a lovely day and I look forward to meeting the ladies at the young woman forum. Hopefully get to meet you all soon, love karen x

bob20

Well reminded Revcat. Have put sticky labels in my bag. Should probably get out of my PJs sometime soon too if i'm going to get the bus into town! See youse all later x

RevCat

Thanks Welsh girl... lots of love and hugs to you too from us.

Jo, no worries, hope you are doing OK, see you another time.

Lulu you are NOT a scaredy cat at all, just being very sensible in the post chemo phase which many of us recall only too well. Hopefully see you later tho'.

I am bringing a 'sign up sheet' thingy so we can collect details of people willing to share via other media (FB, email)... absolutely no expectation/requirement for anyone to sign up but it MAY be useful/desirable for some of us?

Think Bob/AL is bringing labels again!

See you soon/sometime
You southern friend Bossy Boots

Lulu34

Hi sorry Al I only just saw your post but thanks for that... Ill try and be there by 12.

If I have any problems I'll text xxxx

And thanks Wendy xxx