366714posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good News Story

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Good News Story

Wooh Joolz, you do have a good story, congratulations on becoming a grandma, so exciting. My boys were 19 and 15 (with a mental age of 4) when I was first diagnosed in 2003. Unfortunatly my older son has no plans for the moment to start a family and my 2nd son still has a mental age of 4, so I'm still not a grandma, but they need me so I am happy and gratefull to still be around for them.

Hi all just popping in with my story.  I am from the August 2014 chemo thread and aged 53.

I have been back at work 6 months now after finishing treatment at the end of January (mx July 2014 6 FECt and 15 rads, have been on tamoxifen since), have been on holiday 3 times. Had my 12 month review in July and mammo and everything fine am cancer free.

Just back from a week in Lanzarote where I experienced scuba diving for the first time. It was a terrific experience but exhausting!! I'll never forget my BC experience but am now more confident in being able to move forward and enjoy life to the full. Hope you will too xx

Great to hear all of these success stories. Today I start my 6 sessions of chemo. I'm very hopeful and positive but sometimes it's draining being so upbeat all the time!! I have a one and a five year old and all I keep thinking is how unfair it is in them to potentially lose a mummy so young. I really hope this does not have to be the case. Reading these stories really help. Thanks to all of you xxx

Yipeee great news in all these posts here.... and congrats feistyflora on your news too. Chuffed to bits for you all x x
LL xx

And here's yet another positive one!  I was diagnosed approximately one year ago, lumpectomy, (cancer in lymph glands) chemo, rads. This week I went for my first annual review. I had a mammogram and there was no sign of any cancer remaining.  I have been discharged, just need to go back for once-yearly mammograms from now on. I had a conversation with a medical secretary who told me that more women are recovering from cancer than ever nowadays. It would appear that 'the journey' as it is often called is over for me but I will never, ever forget how tough it was and I will do my very best to give hope, comfort and support those who are still undergoing treatment.

met up with a friend today and this is a story we all want to hear  she was diagnosed with grade 3 ductal

18years ago she has just had a routine mammogram and it was clear she was 44 when she was diagnosed I need to hear storys like this as I have wobbly days as only diagnosed last November so early days for me but it bucks you up a bit when you hear positive things like that my other friend is 5 years all clear after mastectomy followed by chemo love Judi

Such a lovely uplifting thread, loving reading joolz' and other updates, had WLE and SLN removal just over three weeks ago, appointment to plan radiotherapy tomorrow. Thanks everyone, and huge hugs x

Thank you everyone!! Just popped on to say baby Lois Florence - now 15 weeks old and amazing!!! My other baby [Jack, who was 5 months old at my first diagnosis] celebrated his 21st birthday today!!! Uncle Jack!!! I never stop thanking the powers that be for what I have...it can happen 🙂 xx

Joolz, thanks so much for posting, and to all the other women who replied and participated. Even after 5 eyars and doing well, I know I like to come on the site sometimes and mooch about to see whats going on - good news is always the best.

Hope you will love being a granny ...what a treat

cheers

Moorcow

Gilly...that's all brilliant news for you. Lots of hugs xx

Hi Joolz.

Thankyou for posting,  just what i needed.  Negative thoughts do still creep in sometimes.  Congratulations on being a Grandma.........

My Baby is 25.  He got engaged the week i was diagnosed October 2012 and the only thing i could think was he is going to get married and i won't be there.  That was last July Big Big fabulous do and of course i was there.  He has just told me they are expecting a baby in November and Grandog arrived 3 weeks ago.

Living every day to the full. Looking forward to a Healthy Future.  Take Care   Gilly x  

Joolz, I was feeling low this morning.....but reading your post has certainly cheered me up no end, Congrats on being a grandmother and hope you will enjoy the graduation in due course, Thanks x x x x

Hi...not been on here for a very long while (as you can see) and it has all changed!! I just wanted to report a couple of milestones to keep spirits up. I was diagnosed in 1994 (with a 5 month old baby and a 7 year old)....lumpectomy and radio. Then again in 1999 -  mastectomy and more radio. Happy to announce that the 7 year old gave me a beautiful little grandaughter a week ago....mighty proud and the 5 month old has just about finished his first year in UNI. Life after BC xxx

Hi

Thank you for posting, as a newbie on this journey it helps more than you will know to hear your stories. My "kiddies" are 20 and 17 but they need me and I need them xx

Donna

thats fantastic, and thank you for posting, again!
lots of hugs xxx

I am back again!!! Yey! He's 18 on Thursday! am I celebrating!!!

You are so welcome. It has taken such a long time for me to even recognise that my story could be of any use / hope/ inspiration to anynone else....but I guess after 16 years it is! just that to me it seems like yesterday- it's only when I see how fast my kids have grown up I realise that it is a lot of water under the bridge.You will be the best mummy I am sure,because you want to be and please please make sure you enjoy every minute....mine seemed to pass in a blur, I sometimes feel that I wasted so much of their childhood worrying and I missed it all. This is a fab quote "we can't change the past but we can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future". I wish that I had relaxed more and taken heed of that at the time. Big hugs! xxx

I'm newly diagnosed and I'v just turned 28 and have a 7 month and a 3 year old, I hate the thought of their lives being touched with something horrible at such a young age. Nothing is going to get in the way of me being the best mummy I can be to them. Thanks for sharing your story

What great postive uplifting news for all of us.

Good luck to everyone.

Love Dotty2xx

Thank you everyone...and as Doxey said. keep them coming!xxx

Don't post much these days but thought you might like to know its been 25 years since I was first diagnosed, had a recurrence after 20 years and another one last year, but no secondaries as yet.

I also wanted to see my children grow up which I have done, now its my grandchildren I want to be around for.

Good luck everyone.

Jan

When I was diagnosed 8 years ago, my daughter was 13 and my son 15.

I prayed that I'd live long enough to see them reach 18 and 21 respectively and therefore have become adults and (in theory!!) have become less dependant on me.

I'm so happy to say that my daughter's almost 22 now and my son 24 and I'm still well and NED - and of course they are still dependant on me (thank goodness!!)

Take care everyone and keep the good news stories coming!

Hi Joolz that a great up-lifting storey my daughter is 25 yrs but its never easy at any age and i soooooo want grand children and to be around to enjoy them im 49 yrs and was diagnosed in March this year .so thanks for sharing your wonderful storey and im soooo pleased you are still doing well . its so good to hear because you only seem to hear the BAD stories xxxxx take care Julie

This post is wonderful to read. My youngest son was 1 when i was dx and at the time i thought id never see him start school. Well he starts school in 6 weeks time, i cant believe it and im so grateful for being still here, and especially as im ned.

I agree with Tedoris, what a lovely thing to read before bed. Thankyou joolz!
I'm 30 and my children are 9 & 5... I hope I'm as lucky as you xxx

Thanks Joolz this is what we all need good news. So glad I have popped on tonight it helps to go to bed with positive thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Sarah x

thanks joolz for posting such a positive post. i was dx at 34, i'm 36 now and have 3 little ones. its wonderful to read a positive story which give us hope.
thanks
sukes

hi joolz

thanks so much for your post, and taking time to support us. I am 36 and was diagnosed in march and have 2 and 5 year old sons, and am so scared to not be around for them. Thanks for such a positive post, it really really does help!

Vickie

Hi
I just wanted to say well done-and thanks for sharing your good news story. As someone who is 8months down the road, its brilliant to hear of you ladies who are living a sucessful live after DX. I didnt have young children, but I can only imagine facing the future with the worry of them to care for too.

Roll on yout next step-grandchildren!!
Cathie

Good News Story

I posted on Monday on the Living with breast cancer site and someone has suggested that I post on the "good news".
My son celebrated his 16th birthday on Monday and it was fantastic! I was diagnosed when he was 5 months old a couple of days before Christmas 1994, and didn't think I would see the day he started school, let alone finish his GCSE's!!!
I had a lumpectomy then, but it came back in the same breast when he was 5 years old and I had a mastectomy. I have just received my 3rd "falsie" from Dewsbury hospital and treated myself to some new bra's and I feel fine with my body! Since having breast cancer I have seen my two kids reach 23 and 16,celebrated my daughters 18th /21st! I celebrated my own 50th last year [albeit with tonsillitis!!] when I thought my life was over at 35!!! Next aim is to see some grandchildren! It's my 32nd wedding anniversary tomorrow too! Don't give up hope there can be plenty of life after BC!
I don't visit the site often, but I remember a time when it was my lifeline, so maybe this will help someone out there by just reading it.
Lots of love x