Good News

Hi everyone,
Just thought i would tell you all my BC story…i was dx BC in june 07…grade3 aggressive…hormone receptive with a 6cm x 7cm lump!
I had a SNB in july, which were clear and then 3xFEC and 3XTax, after the 1st Tax i had a mammogram as the Onc was having trouble finding the tumour and this resulted in me having a clip thing put in where the tumour was.
I then had WLE surgery on the 20th Dec 07 and today i got my histology results…All clear…no cancer cells at all…the chemo had done its job…

So i guess what i wanted to say was that no matter how awful i felt during chemo,sat and cried and felt like S**t the chemo is brilliant at its job and more to the point YOU all are great too, i didnt post much on here but your advice and understanding and posts got me through some really dark days…THANK YOU!

Its not over though, got rads, herceptin and tamoxifen to get through yet, but its all good if it keeps the bu***rs away.

I hope everyone is having a much better start to 2008 and this year brings better things your way

Sue xx

Hi Sue
Thank-you for your post, its so nice to hear good things! I was dx in Oct, had WLE first and then 3 x FEC and have just had my first Taxotere. My tumour was also grade 3, hormone receptive. rads, herceptin and tamoxifen for me too!! Phew!! It does seem like a long haul when your on chemo but I know that this chemo is gold class stuff so bring it on is what I say.

I hope that you have a good 2008 and its the start of only good things for us.

Love
Mel x x x

Hi Sue,

Its good to hear your news, I am glad that the chemo has done the trick for you. Here’s to a very happy 2008!

I was wondering if you can help me with a question for my ONC? You said you had a histology result that confirmed the cancer cells have gone. I was recently asked to make some decisions regarding my cancer and looking back if a Histology report can give me the information I wanted I was wondering why I wasn’t offered one. Can you enlighten me as to what this test/result involves.

Many thanks
Carol

Hi carol
, i am not sure if i have misled you in some way…i was referring to the results from the lumpectomy, the ones to detemine whether they had got a good margin on the tumour, if this is not referred to as histology i must apologise.

Sue

Hi Sue

Great news to start the year off with.

I was dx with BC one week before xmas. I will be having my 1st chemo on 11.1.08. Not looking forward to it. I think my lump is around 4cm x 4cm. Had a coil marker put in last week. Will have chemi 1st to shrink it, then surgery and then radiotheraphy. Have also been told i will need hormone therapy but will know more when the time comes.

My OH and my mum want to come to every appt with me. One minute i want them there and then I dont. My mum is repaying the favour i think because I was there for her with when she had BC just over 2 yrs ago.

Chrissie
xxxx

Hi Chrissie,

Thank you, i am so thankful for the positive outcome.

Good luck with your 1st chemo, as everyone on this brilliant site says, it is doable…it can be unpleasant at times but each one done is a step towards the end. I was terrified before my first chemo but it was nowhere near as bad as i thought and the chemo nurses are great.
I must admit my OH came with me to the first chemo and i then went by myself…its boring for them and i just wanted to sit and read or watch the tv and relax really.

How is your mum now? i bet she is concerned for you and she knows what you are going through too.

I am now waiting for my radiotherapy which should start anytime then herceptin and tamoxifen…so only another 6 years to go!!! lol

I will be thinking of you on friday, try and relax and take things easy…easier said than done i know!

Sue xx

Sue,

V glad to see your news - I too had a grade three hormone receptive lump, but I had surgery first so there is no way of telling if the chemo has worked or not. I had FEC & Tax like you, so I hope it has zapped any little bu**ers left in me.

Hi Sue

My mum is doing great now. She had surgery Sept 2005. She did not have to go through the chemo or radiotherapy as she had a straight mastecomy so was lucky that way.

She took it bad when I told her. She was really upset that she could not come to the hospital with me. She thinks she has to repay me for all the times i went to the hospital with her.

Chrissie x

Hi Sue

No you didn’t mislead me I didn’t take note properly, I forgot where the term was used.

Thanks for getting back.

Carol