Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Good luck today Cazz29

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Good luck today Cazz29

Yes Sarah 10 years πŸ™‚ think of that and beyond xxx

Hi cazz
I've been getting the electric shocks too - seem worse at night but maybe I'm more aware. If I put my hand on my Breast area they go away . waiting to see oncologist on 4 feb to discuss the to do or not to do question. Like you hoping that I'll be able to assess its not worth the risk.
I'm a long way off getting back to work mind - there's no way I could do my job feeling like this!
Gill - I'm 10 years on T also - think it's so long because I'm 45 and premenopausal. I did say "10 years?!" Back yo my consultant - he nodded and said "yep" ironically for me surgery is one thing but ten years on a druv makes me feel a bit low for some reason. I'm worried about the side effects as honestly couldn't cope with feeling any more tired than I already do. Then again - at the start of this I didn't think anyone would be talking to me in terms if ten years so I should focus like you on the word preventative!
Best wishes all
Sarah

Hi, thanks everyone. Whether a change in the receptor 'rating' is common, who knows? Will have to wait & see what happens when I see Oncologist. My path results took less than 2 weeks, cannot see why it takes longer in different parts of the country, I thought Government guidlines on cancer gave deadlines for things like diagnosis & treatment etc was standard?! Anyway, with clear nodes, & chemo only being offered as a preventative my current leaning is that the disadvantages outweigh the benefits so may not take up their 'offer', (call me silly if you want!!) but who knows how I may feel after I see the Oncologist. Im currently overhauling my lifestyle & looking forward to getting back to work. πŸ˜€ Could do with getting rid of my seroma though as tightening of skin really irritating, & nerve pains are like electric shocks at times!

I'm on Tamoxifen for 10 years πŸ™‚

Forgot to ask, am I the only person on Tamoxifen for 10 years? 

Beryl, that is fantastic news.

Cazz, I was never given a 'score' for my hormone receptor so I can't help with that, but as someone else said, I know that sometimes after pathology they can give much more accurate results, and sometimes cancers are 'upgraded'. That must be horrible, but don't forget they have got yours out so what ever the little sucker was it is now GONE! Whatever your follow up treatment is, don't forget it is PREVENTION. 

Best of luck lovely ladies. I have a hideous cold at the moment and actually feel more unwell with this than I did during the whole BC thing! 

Lots of love

Gill

Hi Cazz, I just wanted to say that your receptor status along with grade, size etc is often different once the full pathology is known, the biopsy doesn't give a large enough sample for them to know the full picture, hence many hospitals apart from confirming it's Cancer do not give you any further information until the full pathology is known, it just isn't fair otherwise. Taking tamoxifen will not alter your receptor status so that won't have any bearing on the result. Hope this helps CC x

He he, Sarah- so good you said it twice!!!

xxx

Lymph node party going on here I see ... And I'm late to the ball. Great cazz and beryl we are a group of little lymphs! Yet rose is right - what a saga for all of us and the different waiting time just nonsensical - path was 10 days for me too. I'm waiting for my chemo appointment on 4 feb then depending on that result will either start tamoxifen straight away or after chemo - that's the method order for the treatment . Baffled by the treatment cazz - wasn't sure what the 'points' meant and whether they had gone down because hormone treatment had worked a bit? God it's so confusing and I know things I never ever dreamt id have to learn. Tonight I'm struggling with my damn nerve endings and numbness - might be getting addicted to pain killers. However , as ever, taking one day at a time. Normally I've booked my annual hol by now - it's on a delay as everything so up in the air. We WILL get there x hugs -hard so I can feel them!!! S x

Lymph node party going on here I see ... And I'm late to the ball. Great cazz and beryl we are a group of little lymphs! Yet rose is right - what a saga for all of us and the different waiting time just nonsensical - path was 10 days for me too. I'm waiting for my chemo appointment on 4 feb then depending on that result will either start tamoxifen straight away or after chemo - that's the method order for the treatment . Baffled by the treatment cazz - wasn't sure what the 'points' meant and whether they had gone down because hormone treatment had worked a bit? God it's so confusing and I know things I never ever dreamt id have to learn. Tonight I'm struggling with my damn nerve endings and numbness - might be getting addicted to pain killers. However , as ever, taking one day at a time. Normally I've booked my annual hol by now - it's on a delay as everything so up in the air. We WILL get there x hugs -hard so u can feel them!!! S x

Hi Beryl! Can I claim 2nd best, please? I only have the clear-up op, during which they'd better get it right. 3rd time lucky will NOT apply in this case! Like you, I will get the hormone stuff, don't know what or when, but as I think I mentioned before, if it turns me back into that raging sobbing menopausal mess, they will take me off it as it won't create too much more risk compared to the loss of quality of life.

Really pleased for you

Love, Rose xx

Oh Cazz

How can such a thing happen. To be told one thing and start on treatment and then be told they 'got it wrong'. 

Good news about Lymph nodes. I think there are several who celebrate that on here this week.

Does seem a long wait though

I was given results as I went along with the final ones today- 10 days after op

Mine were the best - all clear - completely cleared - not  in vascular system or in the chest wall - Do need to take anastrozole for 5 years  and have regular check ups but that's it.

I jusy wish it was the same for all of you

Berylx

Oh Cazz- doesn't it just go on and on and on...

Just when you think there's definite good news, they threw another rock at you. Let's just hope the first biopsy was the true result.

Hormone treatment was mentioned at my very first appointment, but don't know when it'll start. Because I already went through a hideous menopause and discussed that with the BCN at the start of this saga (no other word, the last 3 months have been the longest of my life) I wonder if they decided to let me wait till I got over surgery before they put me through another one? I don't know. It seems that treatment is so different in other areas of the country. Like this 4 week wait for pathology here? I don't like to mention that other areas seem to produce those in 2 weeks. I may query that later, I don't want to annoy anyone at least till I've had the second op. I'll be unconscious and at their mercy during that!

Another couple of weeks wait for you, then? It's just cruel.I really hope that they revert to their earlier opinion.

Love, Rose xx

Hi Cazz, well it's great news that they managed to get all of your cancer in one go and absolutely brilliant that your nodes are clear, phew!  I'm afraid I can't help with the hormone question as I don't know how that works, but hopefully someone will be along soon who can help

x

Sharon

Hi all, thank you for your best wishes! My results were good, no dreaded C word left & no spread to lymph nodes! πŸ˜ƒ Had a stressful few hours before my appt so the relief was immense.
Like Rose though, nothing is ever straightforward is it? After my first biopsy the tumour was tested 8/8 & 7/8 for hormone receptive so I was given Tamoxifen before my op. Yesterday I was told tested as 4/8 & 4/8 post op so Tamoxifen won't work when low receptors, therefore making me triple negative with an offer of chemo. My BCN wasn't in with the Consultant so I spoke to her afterwards & she went through what it all meant then I asked her why I had Tamoxifen earlier & told hormone positive? She read my letter, that luckily I had with me, that had the original results in it, & said it was odd but would go through my notes & try & find the answer before I see the Oncologist in a couple of weeks. So, if a mistake has been made I may be able to go back on Tamoxifen, will have to wait & see.......😁
Don't suppose anyone else has had this, or can shed any light on it??

And from me too, be thinking of you x x

Good luck Cazz29 hope all goes well xx

Good luck today Cazz29

Hi Cazz, think today is the day for your post-surgery pathology results so just wanted to wish you well, will be thinking of you πŸ™‚

x

Sharon