Good morning I am new to this site

Hello I am recovering from my second operation in 2 weeks.As the first op did not rid me of all the cancer.
This has left me feeling very tired and feeling anyhow if that’s an expression.
I was wondering how long on average it takes for the sentinol node healing to take place? I am more sore under my arm then the twice operated boob?

Hello minx50

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi Minx50
I had my op 27th Feb, WLE & node clearance and the pain is still quite full on, esp the armpit lots of ladys have said it seems to get worse before it gets better ! Im back to work today for a few hours to take my mind off it and before I start chemo in couple of weeks, Hope you recover soon, whats the next course of action for you ?

Hugs, softly :slight_smile:

Janice x

Hello, my you are doing well going back to work so soon,dont over do it.You are very precious at the moment and did they tell you you have a special arm for life now so take care.
I had my first operation on 24th Feb and was call back as cancer had spread outside the margin so 2nd op was last monday I feel as if I have been in a whirl wind and have not had time to take breath. But the most fantastic news is 2nd op was a complete success.
I have to wait for the healing now which has been put back. and then art radiotheraphy and then tablets fro the next 5yrs.

Hi there,
I had the sentinel Node Biopsy done on the 17th February, although scar healed pretty quickly I can still feel the soreness under my arm,and the odd stabbing pain to the breast but I have full movement back ok , just feels raw inside. Ive got my MX Friday week and also full axillary clearance, not looking forward to that, they only took 2 nodes out last time and thats still sore ! so how sore Im going to be with a node clearance I dont want to think about it!
Best of luck ! to both of us !
Wendy x