Good news yesterday Hangover today

Hi I’m Karen 41 , dx 11th Dec , had a lumpectomy & ANC on 28th Dec & was in the dark about what type/ stage etc until yesterday when I got my results . My lump was grade 3 but clear margins so no further surgery wahoo !! Its ER + so Tamoxifen can prevent it wahey !! And out of 23 lymph nodes removed only 1 had cancer wahey !! negative Her2 so no Herceptin either !
I need 6 sessions of chemo , back on the waiting game to see the onc also need Rads but from the threads on here I know it’s gonna be hard but " doable"
I know i still have cancer & the year aheads gonna be hard but im so pleased with the results because i know it could be a lot lot worse. Over the last few weeks I’ve worried sick that I won’t be around to see my little girl grow up , I know we don’t know what’s around the corner but the relief of no more surgery & the fact it’s been caught quickly is immense & so me & OH took ourselves off to the pub in the snow & got well & truly plastered lol !! However it’s been a shocking whirlwind of bad news over the last 6 weeks so why not !! …just paying for it today !!
Karen x

Im sooo pleased to read your uplifting message. I know you still have a lot to go through but some of the more difficult treatments are not on your radar.
I was nearly the same as you (Had mastectomy) but didnt need anything else other than Tamoxifen, so I too feel ‘lucky’ compared to some. Im now over 3 years since DX and apart from a little tidying uplift and nipple tattoo, life is pretty good.
Best of luck for the coming months
Cathie x

Karen, I too am waiting for a date for chemo to begin. Mx and snb 12/12/12. New Year’s Eve, went for results, tumour 3cm, grade 3, 3 nodes removed, one with cancer in it. Have seen oncologist and have appointment on 31st Jan to meet chemo nurses and have a look round chemo day clinic. I’m to have Fec-T, followed by rads, then anastrozole. So all the best for the next stage of treatment.

Everton Babes, Glad you are enjoying life now most of your treatment (except for Tamoxifen) is done. Good luck for the future. and big hugs to both of you.
pg xxx

HI Karen,
I did exactly the same when I got my results - we had Champagne we were so happy. I am similar to you - Grade 3, but no lymph involvement (I had SNB). I have 6 rounds of chemo, radio and tamoxifen to come. It’s funny the little triumphs that make so much difference - most folk would think us mad celebrating only having this cancer, but we both know what a different it can mean after what seems such a long wait with such uncertainty!!
I see my oncologist tomorrow to get my full treatment plan. I think the main thing is that we are now moving forward.
So PLease for you
Alison

Hope all goes well tomorrow Alison. I get results too so hope to move on. Champagne on ice (well actually, everything around here is on ice so I’m not really jumping the gun I hope).
M