Goodbye and Good Luck!

I have used these forums since my dx in 2008. I have found them invaluable but NO MORE!!! The new site is non user friendly and just impossible to use! I have loved these forums and recommended them to so many people but unfortunately I have to say I have lost patience (and I am a very patient person) with the new site/forums.

Good bye and good luck
Maude xx

I will be so sorry to see you leave maude , i realy hope if/when the forums ever get back to being what we had all once loved about them you will reconsider, it seems so many ladies have left lately , and all the names i use to look out for are mostly gone now and i feel realy sad about that as when you have been useing the forums for a long time you realy do miss all the ladies you have come to know over the yrs, its a bit like looseing your BC family, well thats i how feel anyway. So sorry to hear you have decided to go too, we need the longer term members like you on the forums as where will the forums be without the expierences of people like yourself? Hope you will reconsider along with all the other ladies who dont post on BCC anymore.
Best of luck to you maude, take care.
Linda x

Hi
I have put my post on this thread as I cannot seem to post a new topic…I have found this site a place of support and help on my crappy journey but am now posting for the last time…I didn’t want to go without saying goodbye to all the wonderful ladies on here…and thank you for all the help and laughs…I am at the end of treatment and think this is the time to make the break…thank you all and best wishes for all your futures…Maggie

Dear Maude

I am sorry to read that the forums has become so difficult to put up with, I can understand that you have had enough of it and wish you well, I hope you will pop back from time to time as we do plan on having all the problems sorted at some point!

Best wishes to you too Maggie, I am pleased that you found the support you needed here and we will always be here should you need a listening ear or somewhere to share

Take good care both

Lucy

come to us on facebook breast friends x

hi everyone,have just been diagnosed with dcis today. I have to have another biopsy on Monday and they have told me that I will have to have a mastectomy.So why are they doing another biopsy.I have not told family yet, and dread telling them.
I am trying not to think too much,it all seems unreal at the moment but I have shed a few tears and I am feeling pretty scared.

Hi Aristos,

Sorry to read your news, it is a very scary time. I can’t answer your question about the second biopsy, but I am sure someone else will know the answer. You could also call the helpline, as they are very knowledgeable and helpful too. Because you have commented on a ‘farewell’ thread you might get missed, so hopefully the mods can repost for you on a new thread in the right section, which will get more replies. Right now it seems incredibly terrifying, but you will get through. Big hug.

MODS - can you maybe move this post from Aristos to a new thread? I fear it may get missed here.

Oh dear, all these people leaving is a disaster. The people who have gone have lost a a resource that should be helping them, and those of us left behind ( who have become so emotionally involved with these people), are left wondering if they are OK. BCC don’t seem to appreciate that when someone has a life threatening illness, they often feel vicarious security from reading that others in a similar situation is OK, and when people disappear one can feel mistified and insecure. Obviously BCC cannot prevent people leaving, but must acknowledge that this episode has been a huge blunder. I appreciate that BCC feel the last site was becoming outdated, and difficult to maintain, but it didn’t appear to cause any major problems, and people were comfortable with it. I just think money would have been better spent, strengthening BCC’s lobbying role, which in my opinion is not as strong as it could be.

Aristos - I have moved your post to a new thread here Search Results | Breast Cancer Now