Goodbye

Just to say that after the the recent furore that the Mastectomy Pride Campagin has caused , and the subsequent comments from Snoggle, stateing that i am vindictive, i have decided to leave the forums.

For anyone who knows me here over the last 3 years , i have always been a person to stand up for the underdog, i have been slapped down harshly many times for my support for people who have had a positive attitude, For my support of ASDA Tickled Pink , and also for BCC when there was a huge furore concerning their newsblog thread amonst others .
It would seem that only a “Few” here can speak how they feel, so i feel the forums are no longer a place for me.

I have made many good friends on the forums , who i will be forever greatfull to for their support and advise when times have been tough so thank you to those ladies.
Thanks also for the recent PMs , and not least to Sharon for her PM telling my she honestly didnt find any of my comments offensive at all.
Good luck and best wishes to everyone on this breast cancer journey,i wish you all good health and happiness. Take care
Linda x
BCC i would be greatfull if you would remove my registration details from the site. Thank you and Goodbye.

Sorry to see someone go who would seem to have an open mind re others…we haven’t “met” on here as I’m fairly new, but I wish you good thoughts for a bright and happy life…x

I too am very sorry indeed to see you go.You have always been very supportive of others and I find you someone who is able to engage in lively debate while keeping a sense of proportion.I have never found anything offensive in your posts,BCC needs members like you.
All the very best
Valxx

HIYA LINDILOO, OUR DIFFERENCE OF OPINION DID NOT MAKE ME FEEL THAT YOU WAS BEING VINDICTIVE. IVE LOOKED AT POSTS YOU HAVE PUT DOWN ON OTHER TOPICS AND DEBATES. YOU ARE VERY CARING, IT WOULD BE SUCH A SHAME IF YOU WERE TO LEAVE, YOU ARE OBVIUOSLY UPSET OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT BE LEAVING. PLEASE RECONSIDER.X

I know I said I wasn’t going to post anymore but I just wanted to say I don’t think it was your comments that Snoogle was referring to when she used the word “vindictive”. The comments that we were all annoyed about were not made by you but by another person (I won’t name the person). The comments have been removed so people can’t read them now and see how unpleasant they were.

Maude

Hi Lindiloo

Please don’t leave the site, I really enjoy your posts as I feel you are on the same wavelength as me. You are NOT vindictive at all, everyone has a right to their opinion and it is the BCC facilitators job to keep us in check if we inadvertantly overstep the mark, not other forum members (not that I think you have overstepped the mark anyway). We need to be able to express differences of opinions and not just agree with what everyone is saying all the tme, it makes these forums more interesting. I notice that someone said the forums can be bitchy. Surely being bitchy is when you are horrible to someone just to hurt their feelings and I really don’t think anyone on this forum does that. Please don’t be bullied off this site.

Linda

do you know what, I really used to enjoy using this forum but its really getting out of hand now, we all have enough crap to deal with without girls being horrible and nasty to each other, we are supposed to help and support each other.

there has been a few different incidents over the last few weeks and it does get you down

Carol xx

Guess what Carole… I agree. There have been many times I have wanted to comment on a particular subject but have been afraid to do so in case I got shot down for having an opinion.

Lindiloo, please don’t leave. We have never spoke but I read many of your post and find it very refreshing that someone stands up for their beliefs and women like me who are afraid to speak out.You also come across as a very caring person, not vindictive at all and have more than likely helped many women over the last 3 years. Especially those just being dx.

Without women like you, who stay here to help new users, they would have no hope. I remember first joining and getting a lot of comfort from older members.

Take care xx

Hey girlies!!

We all have different opinions - isn’t that why we all come on here - and why we’re so strong??!

There is room for everyone here - we all need the support we get and we do actually need each other too!

just remember we all feel strongly about this disease that for most of us has changed our lives irretrievably - and we’re also allowed to have ‘sensitive’ and ‘down’ days.

This forum has been a sanity saver for me - I didn’t use it much while having the invasive treatments (surgery, chemo, rads) but since I went back to work and a ‘normal’ life I have really needed the support and wisdom of all the women (and men) who contribute - I have really struggled at times!

Please (from an old idealistic hippy) let’s try and be nice to everyone!

Love scooterbabe xxx

Hi, to all you lovely ladies out there
Couldnt sleep at all last night was tossing and turning (like you do when youve got stuff on your mind,)tut, so did a lot of thinking and reflecting and came here tonight to check on a few friends and saw your lovely posts and PMs.
I was realy very touched by your kind comments asking me to stay.
So, after a lot of thought i quess, IM BACK!! i was very upset and hurt yesterday , but, ive licked my wounds , gave myself a talking to and have realised that i too am made of tougher stuff . So if its still ok with you il stick around a bit longer.
I know i sometimes get myself into trouble with my views and am proberly a thorn in the side to a few on here but hey like many of you have said this place wouldnt be nearly as interesting if everyone always agreeed , we are all different , and that is what makes the forums special.
I would hate to think that any poster was afraid to post for fear of being slapped down , thats totally unaceptable, this is a support forum , not a school playground. I will continue to post my views as i see them " Respectfully" and hope to be able to support others when i can.
You realy are a great bunch of women here , and i think you are all very special.
Thanks for your support
As always best wishes
Linda x

Well done Linda :slight_smile: i read your post and though how sad was going to PM you but glad you decided to stay on, this place needs views from each end of the spectrum

Good on you

Rhian xxx

Great news Lindiloo,glad you are staying :slight_smile:
I’d hate to see anyone leave this forum.We are all here for a reason and we cannot be expected to like everyone on here or agree with everyones opinions.The range of people from all walks of life with different opinions (but one thing in common)is what makes this forum great.

Excellent news, Linda!

Eliza xx

Oh Linda I am so very glad you are staying.
Valxx

Good! I was sad when I read your post earlier. I enjoy your posts, I don’t post a lot myself, but yours are worth reading!

River

Brilliant!!

Dear Lindiloo, Glad that you are staying. I think this site is hard if you dare to put anything on that goes against general thinking or expressing different ideas. I’ve been attacked a lot on this site about my views on holistic and alternative therapies. I think it goes with the territory here. I don’t think anything you have written here has been disrespectful. We need to have ladies who will say what they feel even if it brings a lot of anger and sometimes viciousness.
I think it is important that anger, sadness and happiness is expressed on here, it’s all part of being human and sometimes we get hurt too!!
But don’t let one or two remarks put you off, there are always ladies that give support too!!
Best wishes
Kay

So pleased you are staying. We need debate and differing opinions. I got in trouble for not liking the word ‘positive’. OOO did that upset some people !!

R xx

well said Rachy!!!