Got Biopsy Report! Need Help

Hi,

I got the biopsy report of my mother today. I am not a doctor, so I don’t know what does this report means. We will meet our doctor tomorrow but I was just worried about it. I want to is there anyone here who can understand this and let me whats does this mean, is my mother having cancer ? If yes then what should be the next step and what will be treatment ?

Report Result:

"Lump show multiple cores of breast tissue showing infiltrative malignant neoplasm arranged in sheets and nests with minimal acinar diffrentiation. Tumor nuclei show moderate to marked nuclear hyperchromosia and pleomorphism while cytoplasm shows clearing. Numerous scattered mitoses are seen

Diagnosis: features are consistent with infiltrating ductal carcinoma of breast. Grade 2 on a scale of 1 to 3 acciording to modified bloom and richardson grading system"

Hi and welcome to the BCC discussion forums.  Could I suggest that you give our helpline a call they will be able to help you understand your mothers results.  Lines are open until 5pm tonight, calls are free 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Otobse

I’m not an expert, but I notice the word ‘malignant’ in there, which usually means some kind of cancer. I’m not sure what a lot of the words mean, including ‘infiltrating’ but ductal carcinoma is definitely a type of breast cancer, the same one I had. However, it does mention grade 2, which is only medium grade, and I can’t see the word ‘invasive’ there either. Please don’t read anything into my ‘guess’ as I could be completely wrong. 

If it is cancer, the next step could possibly be surgery and maybe radiotherapy. When you see the doctor tomorrow, he will explain in more detail exactly what it is.

Sending best wishes and good luck for tomorrow.

poemsgalore. xx