Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my results

7 REPLIES 7
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Got my results

hi alison thanks for that i will ask onc when i see him or her not sure when i will know my her2 xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi StormDancer

Good to get the results out of the way. Horrible time. I'm er and pr negative too and it's my understanding that the tumour is not 'fed' with the hormones, especially during pregnancy. I have to have FEC T which I'm starting hopefully Jan 9th. There's limited research on Taxotere and I know that my local hospital would not give it to me due to the pregnancy but it is strongly advised if you have node involvement. As you're 20 weeks already the chemo should be fine. They should also scan you regularly to check baby is ok.

Ask your Onc how many pregnant ladies he's dealt with - this makes a huge difference. I saw mine today (referred all care to a different hospital and so glad I did. If anyone is going to get me better then I feel totally reassured that my Onc will. Where are you based?

Let me know if there is anything I can help with / questions etc. Will you know your HER 2 status by the time you meet your Onc?

Alison xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi StormDancer,

I am grade 2 and have ER+/PR+. I had my BC diagnostic when I was 20 weeks pregnant.
Please look (at least) on the good side...Grade 3 and lack of hormones receptors might be a good thing in pregnancy. My tumour was fed by progesterone (which has high levels within pregnancy), therefore this combination and pregnancy itself was not such a good one at that time.
My tumour didn't respond to chemo. I had 4AC (during pregnancy) and then 3 T followed by mastectomy. The tumour continued to grow eventhough I had this treatment. My tumour was not so aggresive (like triple negative ones), was grade 2 and the combination between pregnancy and the receptors for hormones didn't improve that situation.
I know that is not the best you could hear right now - that you might have an aggresive tumour. But chemo works very good with these kind of tumours and sometimes after chemo, only rezidual tumour can be find at mastectomy. The triple negative has a high rate for PCR (Pathologic Complete Response).

A thing that I discovered since my diagnostic is try to take a look on the bright side, eventhough sometimes it seems that there is no good thing...
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you peeps, i find all the comforting messages great just when you hit a low it picks you back up again. Can't wait for treatment to start so i can at least think this poisonous alien is being booted up the arse. Big hugs to each and everyone of you xxxxx

Thinking of you, Storm Dancer. We are all going through an unspekably difficulty time with BC, but you have the added question of your baby to worry about. So sorry you are faced with this.

HUGE HUG, sweetheart - jsust keep breathing deeply and putting one foot in front of another, and don't beat youself up if you just lose it, from time to time - the occasional meltdown can be very therapeutic. I had one on Monday and felt a lot better afterwards.
Sometimes you just need to have a good weep and let it all out. There is nOTHING about all this that is good, and sometimes you just have to give in and bawl. Well, I do, anyway.

Thinking of you, and keeping fingers crossed for your oncologist meeting

Caroline xxx

Hi Stormdancer. There isn't any part of this that is not scarey but you will feel a little better once treatment has started. I have to have chemo first then MX and not sure I like that as just want it out really. You have the added worry of being pregnant and can only imagine how awful that is.

I am also inv ductal grade 3 not sure about nodes as as only had snb yesterday also hormone negative .

Thinking of you and sending you love and hugs

Wendy x x

Hi StormDancer

Please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your fears and concerns over, it may help to share them with someone, lines are open today and normal weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 and our team are here for you

I am posting a link to the 'Understanding your pathology' publication from BCC which may help you to understand your results:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/understanding-your-pathology-report-bcc161

Take care

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Got my results

ok so i got my results, wow that was some scary moment. i have been diagnoses wwith grade 3 invasive ductile, er and pr negative not sure of her2 but freaking out a little as i keep reading posts on triple negative????? there is lymph involvement too but not sure how much. i am booked in for left mx and full node clearance on the 272h dec. i am meeting onc this week as surgeon not sure if i should carry on my pregnancy as not sure if cancer feeds from this so wait to see what onc saids and talk about chemo etc. feel a bit better now with a sort of plan but still very scared xxxx