Got my wig today

Had 3 x FEC with cold cap and not much hair loss. Decided not to go through with the cold cap with the next 3 Taxol. Hair started coming out after 1st lot of this one by the 14th day in handfuls. With a little help from me. Don’t like scarves or hats they don’t suit me so got my wig today. Had it thinned out a little a the front. Took my daughter and sister with me and said it actually looks better than my real hair style did. Got home and husband said exactly same thing!!! Thanks my loving family. Must admit I still feel a bit self consious in it. Especially as I have no eyelashes and virtually no eyebrows. Will have to see what they all say at work on Monday. Just have to make sure I don’t have it on lob sided eh??? What does everyone think of your wig?

Hi Mandy
I felt the same when I got mine. very self concious,but had to admit it looked bloody good and people where surprised when I told them. I am at other end end now and actually took the decision this week to go without it. You have way to go but you can do it.

T ake Care
Mary
xx

Good luck with the reaction at work - your family sound lovely and supportive. I didn’t have chemo so didn’t need to take the plunge wig wise but it was my biggest concern when I was going through the possible treatment plan with the consultant.

Well done for trying the cold cap!! I couldn’t be bothered with the extra hours sitting around…Have 2nd EC on tuesday and have just shaved all my hair off as the amount coming out was annoying and making such a mess everywhere :slight_smile:
Have got a lovely scarf thingy on and it looks ok, have just ordered 3 buffs and already have my wiggy on hand if i choose to wear it!!
xxxxxxx

about to start TAC in 2 weeks and seeing NHS wig lady on first one - onc said hair WILL fall out, probably starting day 10ish after first cycle. Is that enough time to get NHS wig through?? Are they any good? Where else have folk got wigs from? And, what is a ‘buff’?? I’m feeling like a first year again!!
Well done Mandy on doing the cold cap - I hate the cold… so haven’t even asked!
Love Td xx

Hi Ladies

I will be starting chem at the beginning of July and losing my hair is one of the things I’m worried about!

I know I have much more to worry me but it just does!

What is a cold cap? My Onc mentioned it but I was just so overwhelmed by my hideous treatment plan that I just didn’t take it in!
Love
Ali x

I’ve had 3 FEC and 1 TAX and stupidly shaved my head right at the beginning in prep and still have my hair after wearing the cold cap throughout - it only takes me a bit longer and its working so glad i did and my now 2 inch long hair isn’t TOO bad although a bit boyish!! I bought a wig from Trendco (london & Brighton branches) and its gorgeous and after feeling self conscious for about a week i now love it and pencil soft eyebrows in with Benefit brow zings (its a wax you put on first with a layer of powder over the top so tres subtle!) and if i go out somewhere nice i stick those individual eyelashes from eyelure you can get but i trim them down and just put a few on on the outer corners of my eyes but don’t bother so much all the time although they claim to stay on for 3 weeks mine rarely last more than 2 days but they look fab!!

I’m now addicted to buying wigs off ebay and have 7 and love wearing them even in hot weather i am so used to them - its a bit like wearing a bar for the first time i guess, feels wierd at first but if you wear one everyday you just get so used to it and i’m keeping mine on until i have at leats a bob!!