1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got results today

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Got results today

good news on your results, no chemo which is good for your. Im not on tamoxefin but arimidex - side effects wont hit in yet. Go on hols and enjoy. I went to florida mi hot flashes and to be honest I had one all holiday - aparently its to do with raised body temp being nearer the heat temp so dont get them as much - so enjoy. just a note, do what yu are comfie with. I went back to work 4 weeks after masectomy but was very very careful, them chemo but worked through rads as needed normality but was shattered after finished so just do whats at your speed and all the best xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Got results today

it's the weather. Tamoxifen takes at least a couple of weeks to build up to levels that give menopausal side effects (which not everyone gets)

Mole

Got results today

Well the result from appointment today was good. Surgeon has managed to get all the cancer out, but I will still have to take tamoxifen daily for 5 years which I started today, and will be given a date to start radio therapy soon. Will be having this daily for 3 weeks. Surgeon advised me not to work as side effect from radio therapy will be excessive tiredness plus cant lift due to them taking out some lymph nodes from under the left arm.
Lump was stage 1, grade 2.

Had booked to go to China and Malaysia before I found out about this cancer, so asked if I would be ok to fly end of October and surgeon said shouldnt be a problem and radio therapy should be finished by then. One of the side effects from the tamoxifen tablets is hot flashes so I dont think I will want to be out and about in the sun in malaysia and will be grateful for air conditioning lol.

Started taking the tamoxifen this afternoon and feel really hot already. Would that be the side effects this soon or is it the weather?