355026posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grade 3 breast cancer full course if treatments and breast removal total denial

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Grade 3 breast cancer full course if treatments and breast removal total denial

York you do sound very confident brave and inspiring that you hv the attitude you are not going to bet me! At moment I am still a little shell shocked as from outside of body all looks ok and can hardly feel lump inside it's going crazy breeding! Think tiredness and no energy is shock I hope and nothing else breeding anywhere !! Paranoid now xx thanks to everyone
Highlighted

Re: Grade 3 breast cancer full course if treatments and breast removal total denial

Hi kess good to hear you say that about being positive as that is how I feel! So glad to hear your reports does inspire me and give me hope thank you really helping today guess one thing at a time eh
Highlighted

I don't think being positive is always possible - and people shouldn't tell you to stay positive really. I suspect that just puts extra pressure on you if you try to live up to how they think you should be. You will have good days and bad days. Ride with them 🙂 And you just have to keep hoping it will all be worth it at the end. I have a very tricky and aggressive cancer, but had a fantastic response to chemo, so feel very fortunate in that respect. Chemo was a long slog, but it's doable. I was really freaked out about the op but it really wasnt as bad after as I thought it was going to be. Just keep telling yourself you can get through this. One step at a time!
Highlighted

hi that what i have just been told i have. went for a mamogram on 26th last month. have a very large lump in left boob grade 3 and cancer has gone to my left lymph nodes. I am having double masectomy on 28th of this month followed by chemo along side a cocktail of other drugs then radi therapy.  I only had to have a single masectomy but mentally that would be no good for me so the consultant has agreed to a double masectomy.  I am not afraid ot the operation or of losing my boobs, I am terrified of the chemo and cocktails but it is all necessary in order to stay alive.  I have an 18 year old daughter and we have no one else, it will be a long haul and of course I have to pay the mortgage and bills so its one heck of a struggle, I stoped working on the 26th last month due to being devistated.  However; I have changed now I am like ice one minute and a blubbering mess the next but I have to survive for my daughters sake and I have no intension of this vile cancer accommodating my system for much longer.

Reconstruction is an eye opener and although I have discussed this with my wounderful cancer nurse I will leave the decision for the reconstruction surgen to advise me in a years time.

God dont I sound as if im a brave one but honestly i am not, i am scared and terrified of the unknown but bring it on, the sooner the better. xx

Highlighted

Thanks kess just not sure really what to expect of it all people say stay positive it will be ok but it clearly is not. Would be interesting to hear you thoughts on mx and chemo you are nearing the end if the journey it sounds
Highlighted

try to take it one step at a time. If you think about the whole thing it will overwhelm you. I started treatment in February, and had 8 chemo, MX and nod clearance in August and have 5/15 rads left to do now (stage 3 grade 3 Inflmamatory Breast Cancer). I just focussed on the next thing. Get through this scan, this chemo etc... Dont expect too much of yourself particularly whilst you are still trying to take in your diagnosis. Really hope the scans come back clear for you.
Highlighted

Grade 3 breast cancer full course if treatments and breast removal total denial

Well like many other people hv just been diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer! Have been told chemo mastectomy and radiotherapy a lot to take in and a lot of treatment ahead! Am petrified scared and need ct scan yet to ensure has not spread ! Am in total shock and thinking quite how one gets through it all !