cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grade and stage

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Grade and stage

mine feels like a golf ball too but isn't as painful as my boob since the dressing came off. The whole area around the surgerys and my shoulder blade feel like the skin crawl you get when you have flu and someone touches you. Makes all your hairs stand on end. My husband laughs at me. Permanent goosebumps or electric shocks
Highlighted

Under Brian Hogan as my op was cancelled with Miss Mckenzie due to no beds. Only met him just before the op but he was really nice. Go for results etc this Wednesday but my boob is so painful I'm hoping its at this 2 week peak I keep reading about. Not seen it as the dressing is still on as I was told to leave it for 2 weeks but can see bruising coming out all over around the dressing. Under arm dressing came off and i redid it a few times but gave up as it looks healed and neat but bigger than I thought. I have an image in my head of my boob looking like a doughnut (the type with a hole in the center) when I see it as I read the size of lumps as 5mm and similar and mine was 30mm so can't imgine it looking normal even though it feels complete .. totally irrational lol

Highlighted

i was told my tumour was grade 2 after my biopsy but after my WLE it was found to be a grade 3 

Highlighted

Hi jjleeds 

i had 3 nodes taken on Monday 9th and I still have a golf ball under my arm! Make sure you keep moving your arm too... 

are you under Mr Horgan? 

Xx

Highlighted

Oh, and where they took the node has given me FAR more trouble than the actual op site!! Felt like I had a golf ball in my armpit for ages! Then I was soooo swollen for a good 3 weeks.
Highlighted

jjleeds, I know what you mean about the isolation, no one gets it other than people who have been  through it! This forum has been a godsend.

I knew the grade of mine before my op, but they didn't tell me anything else until my results, its seems different hospitals do it slightly differently so try not to worry about that side of things.

Highlighted

Hi jjleeds,

I got my grading when I went for the results of my biopsy. I still don't officially know my stage and I have had all the results of my scans and mastectomy. But, I worked it out online.

Although, I have had a mastectomy, I also had a SNB and both hurt worse after the operation.

I'm 5 weeks post mx and my armpit has stopped hurting although my mx is still tender.
Highlighted

Oh bless you. This diagnosis does change everything; people can't know how you feel unless they have it too. I am glad my family and friends don't have personal knowledge of this but it does mean they are limited in how they can help which, as you say, is isolating x
Highlighted

Thank you x funny how you can be surrounded by so many loving caring people and yet feel so isolated from them all x
Highlighted

Hi JJ.

I knew the grade of my tumour a few days after the clinic original biopsy. Tumour grading can change though so they confirmed to me it hadn't changed after my op. I didn't get staging information until the post op consultation - the one you're having on 26th. They won't know your stage without the results of the op so expect all this information on the 26th and if they don't volunteer it - ask.
Yes, I got more pain before I got better. Two weeks - 4 weeks was the worst for me and then I started to recover. You may want to contact your BCN to discuss it because there may be certain things they can do to help you.

Highlighted

Grade and stage

Hi

Had my op on 10th Wide Local Excition  removing 30mm lump , sentinel node and biopsies on 3 further nodes. I go on 26th to see the consultant but have no grade, stage or anything. When did you all get this information, feel in the dark, also should the pain be getting worse not better in my boob and underarm, So uncomfortable all the time