Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granocyte injectionss side effects

327 REPLIES 327
cheekybint

Re: Granocyte injectionss side effects

Gemjunkie

Thanks for your response, will go for it when I have had my holiday.

barbara
xx

Gemjunkie

ps - I am only two months post chemo lol xxx Lyn xxx

Gemjunkie

I dyed mine - could not stand all the grey - ask BC nurse but sure will be ok hun - I got so fed up and normal dye did not work so I used real strong stuff - Live colour - ultimate platinum - everyone loves it - go for it xxxx

cheekybint

Hey Lisa

Glad to hear you are OK. Got 1 more surgery to go and then thats it, apart from Arimidex of course.

Can I dye my hair now its been 9 months since chemo? Never dyed it before, mind you didn't have grey hair either!!!!

Babs
xx

lisa_lisa

Hi Ladies how are we all ?
Apart from being really swollen around stomache area and few aches and pains not doing to bad ...touch wood !
Have put weight on so trying to do more exercise ...hope everyone is well .Oh yes im a red head now !!!!
Love Lisa xxxx

elljaydee

Hi girls,

Wanted to catch up and see how we all are now. I am busy at work, trying hard to lose some weight (as usual) and doing lots of exercise to get fit. Barbara, i have taken up running and ok i dont run very fast but i am able to do a few k now. I joined a running club and because they know i had bc, they let me take it at my own pace. Everyone is very supportive without being patronising which is nice.

Its good we are all getting back on with our lives and hopefully
last year will be the last time bc darkens all our doors.

So whats everyone doing now?

All the best
Linda

cheekybint

Hello Ladies,

Hope you are all well. Seems like this thread is finishing. What a journey we have all had and still continue along it.

Just entered Race For Life this morning. Would love to run it rather than walk so will have to get out there and do some exercise.

Jayney glad to hear your lymphs were clear
Daisy glad things are going well with you
Lisa Hows work going?

Love to all

Babs

Jayney

happy new year lisa - nice to hear from you.
just about to start rads, had 2nd op to clear nodes and remainder were all negative - what a relief!

Hope you're doin ok?
x

daisy999

Hi Lisa, great that life for you is finally not totally pants! Go back to work very gradually. I did 3 weeks at 15hrs, 2 on 20, then xmas hols, will do another 3 at 20hrs, then 25 for 3 weeks, then back to chat to the GP. It is a struggle, be warned.

I don't have osteo neither have I been given any tablets, what you on, only my knees are caning me, getting up and coming down stairs first thing in the morning is painful.

All ok with me, just sturggling with the tiredness. Got appt with the Onc 23rd for blood results, I am sure it will be fine.

Hope you are all well.... Daisy x x x x

lisa_lisa

HAPPY New Year Ladies hope all is well
Looking at going back to work .....Just need to get arm settled on loads of tabs for nerve pain which seem to be working . So heres looking forward to 2010. Had results from bone scan and Im have not got osteoporosis but am on the verg of it so been given some tablets to strengthan the bone !!!!Whats all that about, any one else in the same posiotion.
Anyway thats where Im at at the mo onward and upward !!!!
Love Lisa x

daisy999

Ho-ho-ho and all that stuff to you all!

Those on chemo, keep going, you will get there, just keep thinking next year...........

I was diagnosed 22nd Dec '08 and I had a shite Xmas, this year...bring it on!

Not keen on Bacardi Breezers, but Snowballs, how yummy are they?

Speak soon.... Daisy x x x x x

elljaydee

Hello all,

Just wanted to say to all contributors of this thread and others, have a lovely christmas and may this year be a better one than last for most of us, for those of you starting with the chemo etc.. Hope it goes smoothly.

Linda

elljaydee

Hello girls,

Great to see you back Babs, I had five weeks of rads back through the summer and it wasnt too bad at all, skin did split but it wasnt that painful.

I am on tamoxofen even though i havent had a period since March. After initial weird se's i settled down and i am used to it now. Nothing really to report on that one.

I had my Xmas works do last night. I was on a mission, danced the night away. Well after last year I thought i am going to enjoy this one!!! Like you Daisy, i am still finding drinking alcohol a bit awkward. IT doesnt make me sick, it just doesnt hit the spot anymore. This is probably a good thing. A glass of wine lasted me roughly three hours last night and it still had some in it when i left. However, I am partial to a Barcardi breezer just for the yummy taste of them particularly water melon.

I have been eating far too much in the last few weeks and will need to diet seriously in the new year!!

Love to all.

Linda

cheekybint

Hello Ladies..

Long time no speak, just finished 5 weeks of RADS..well tired. Had abit of skin breakage but nothing more than a heavy suntan.
Had a very heavy bleed 2 weeks ago lasted for 10 days!!! no blood left. Onc did blood test and it seems I am in menapause for Progesterone and something with letters!! but pre mena with aestrogen. Whats that all about, anyway he wanted to put me on Tamoxofen, told him he could go take a hike. So I said take me ovaries out cus I don't need them anyway. So will have another op soon as well as my boob implant and the other one being taken off too...Oh well I will be bionic by the time they have finished but at least I have a boob job to show for it!!!!

Anyway...

Daisy Congratulations on getting Asst. Head...

Linda... your hair looks amazing, I will post a new one of me soon.

lisa... sorry to hear about your lympho, what a pain. Its the 1 thing I am worried about!

Maxpax...welcome to the club!! any questions and we will be happy to advise...

Back to work, but have been at work on and off all the way thru...

Its wonderful to hear from you all..

Luv and hugs to everyone

Babs
xxxxx

daisy999

Get you with the dark bonce! Mine is dark brown, with silver (NOT GREY) shimmery temples. It is coming back curly at the back and swirly on top like a Walnut Whip. Still too short to go nude, so I am still wigging.

Healthwise, all good with me. I have found a nurse at my practice that can give me my Zoladex implant almost painfree! Such a blessing as usually I want to leap 10ft up in the air when they ram it in.

Well done with WW...my weight has levelled off now. Sadly drinking is still a bit awkward. I have some wine and within minutes I am bringing up a little sick. Will have to work my way through the shelves in Morrisons alcohol aisle until I find something.

My new job as assistant head is going well. I am only working 3hrs a day and that is enough. Next week I move up to 20.

Hope everyone is feeling well, and that nasty lymphadima wotsit isn't playing you up too much.

Daisy xxxxxxxxxx

elljaydee

Hi girls

Hope you are all keeping well. Lisa you must post a recent photo so we can see how your thatch is growing. Dyed mine tonight, grey was starting to show again and i have a party this weekend when i want to try and look a bit glam. See photo, just took it on webcam. i have gone darker.

Hope you are enjoying festive season and have lots of parties and fun things to do.

All the best
Linda

lisa_lisa

Ps love the picture your hair looks fab mines like yours really thick and dark Im sure I was blonde before all this lol

lisa_lisa

Thanks Ladies feeling better today just put tree up with the little one who is really excited and it just makes me so happy to be here to see it after the year Ive had . We must all feel the same . I think the new year will help us rap up this year a bit and get on with things .
Hubby ok bless as you say they dont get half the suport we get ,mine is a man of few words as well unlike me ,so tends to bottle it up a bit .
Arm still playing me up will be getting treatment for it as soon as nurses are sure there is no infection not seen surgen again yet but sure if they thought it was bad they would of been in touch .....
Hope veryone is lookinf forward to christmas as much as me !!!
Oh and just had dishwasher FREE from a local charity in the area who help people with medical needs ...
Because of lymphadima and trouble with washing up ...so hubby can put his marigolds away lol
Hope all is well with everyone
Lisa x

daisy999

Oh Lisa, sorry to hear you are still going through such crap (sorry, can't use the word i want, but I am sure you can guess!)

Linda is spot on with the hubby's not having support, we are very lucky to have each other, they don't have that.

I really hope you start to pick up soon, it can't be nice for you.

Thinking of you matey!

MAXPAX - how are you doing? Update us when you get 5 mins.

Daisy xxx

PS. Work is fine, but I haven't a clue what I am doing! ha ha

elljaydee

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear about your problems. If it is MRSA they should be able to sort it out with the really strong antibiotic that i have forgotten the name of. I suppose they need to check first. Lets hope whatever it is, they sort it for you soon. I have lymphoedema in my arm but it really doesnt give me much trouble at all. I have a massage every three weeks now and that keeps it in check.

I hope you and hubby sort it out and i am sure he understands. I feel a bit sorry for the men in our lives, they have also been through the mill to a certain extent this year and have had to put up with a lot. Ok, nowhere near as much as us but then they havent had all the sympathy and comradeship we have had to fall back on when we are being ratty with them. However, if he leaves the toilet seat up one more time.........LOL

Anyway, thats what this place is for, to let off steam. Let us know how you get on with your arm.

All the best
Linda

lisa_lisa

Hi Ladies hope you are all well I feel like sh... , big row with hubby loads of tears , infection in arm that has now needed 3rd lot of antibiotics .....saw surgen that wants me to come of antibiotic just incase its masking ....mrsa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So peed off when I speak to othere people they seem to be getting on with life and im stuck with the probs with my arm ...
Well feed up and not speaking to hubby ..
sorry not very often I get down but when I do its hard to get back up
sorry thanks ...needed to put it down in words x
Lisa

elljaydee

Hiya all,

Great to see us all posting again. Fantastic news, Sharon about the job, i am sure you will get it. Take it easy and dont do too much too soon (said by one who did).

I have lost some weight too curtesy of WW but have had a bad few days. Still back for weigh in tomorrow and then I will be good again.

Flu and swine flu jab a couple of weeks ago. Well after what we have taken this year it was a walk in the park.

All the best
Linda

daisy999

Hello Ladies and welcome to the newbies...

All fab with me, back to work next Monday, I can't wait, it's the final bit of the normality jigsaw to slot back together again. I am only doing 15 hrs a week for 2 weeks, then 20, 2 weeks off at Xmas, then back to the GP to see if I can up my hours. I am being interviewed when I go back for the job as Assistant Head of Y11/12/13, I am the only one being interviewed, so I should get it!

I am feeling fine, and had a lovely holiday in Gran Canaria. Weather was too hot for me though and I did suffer with swollen ankles everyday which was a bind, but as we were staying with my dad I could always put me feet up on the sofa.

No flushes or anything nasty to report, but am still on 28 day Zoladex implants...OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! I have managed to lose all my weight plus an extra 4lb. Mind you, I am still 2 stone overweight though! ha ha...

I have had my flu and swine flu jab, boy did my arm cane me for days after. More concerts for me, saw The Specials last week, BRILLIANT and now want to stalk Terry Hall, next gig is Madness, then Depeche Mode, then Jimmy Carr in Feb. It is so nice to have a social life again after a year of being poorly.

Hope everyone is feeling tickety-boo and if the newbies want to pick my brains, well, the mush between my ears since chemo...feel free.

Love to all........ daisy xxxxxxxxxxx

elljaydee

Hi All,

Lisa, great to see you posting again, hope you are well and life is being kind to you. Let me know. Still see Sharon on FB but havent seen Barbara on here for a while.

Maxpax, Welcome and sorry you have to be here. I finished active treatment in September and went back to work at the same time. I can truthfully say that i feel really well now and reasonably fit.
I have reminders of my treatment such as lymphoedema but it is mild and doesnt bother me too much. I hope that your treatment is kind to you. We are all unique in the way chemo and rads affects us. Fec was kind to me, tax wasnt and rads was a comparitive breeze, but that was my experience. I know that there were times when i thought i would never get to the end of it and there is always the constant niggling fear of it coming back but mostly now i feel normal. I laugh, i moan, I work and i live. I still post regularly on storm riders thread and check in here and I am sure you will find it is a comfort, but also a place where people understand exactly what you are feeling (thats one experience we all share on here). Good luck and feel free to contact me anytime.

Linda

lisa_lisa

Hi Maxpax
Im sure thats not your name your welcome to join any time everyone on here will help you ,as you can see as you go further along life does become almost normal again so tend not to have as much time as normal . Which must be a good think I do think a new post would help you as they do tend to come on more so Im sure you will find a group just as upbeat I do belive every one on here is ...
But as I said your welcome on here anytime
Speak soon Lisa xxx

maxpax

Have just been up half the night reading this thread. What a bunch of amazing women you are! Truly inspirational. And as one who's just starting the Fec/Tax/Rad/Herceptin journey post MX, I'm very grateful to have been able to travel with you on yours. Well done to you all! Fingers crossed that I'll find a group as supportive and as much fun as you guys to travel with me on mine. x

lisa_lisa

Hi All , Feel less angry now just had great weekend my baby turned 12 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I do feel now there is life after BC . just saw M.J film at pictures great would recommend foot tapping all the way ....
Good luck with chemo Anna It will be done before you know it ..
Love Lisa x

anna35

Thanks Linda, it will be my 2nd tax, after this only 2 to go, i am hoping the 1st was the worst, because it was nasty, still that bit closer to finishing, and i have a five oclock shadow on my head, it looks like my hair is growing back, yay!
I hope the surgeon does learn from his mistakes, although i have heard of another recent misdiagnosis he has made, scarey.
take care
anna

elljaydee

Hi Anna,

Your story is frightening and you have to hope that lessons will be learnt from it. I hope the chemo is kind to you. I was fine with FEC, suffered a bit with Taxotere and found radiotherapy a walk in the park after taxotere. We are all different so you will probably experience different SE's to me. Most of the time now, i feel back to full health although i tire a bit more easily and the bones ache a bit but thats from the tamoxofen.

Good luck tomorrow.

Linda

anna35

hi, i truly believe that my anger at the misdiagnosis came from the surgeons attitude when he told me it was actually cancer. From the minute he walked in the room he didnt look either myself or my partner in the eye, he then said to me, why didnt you come back earlier, to which i said, because 6 months ago you told me that it was a benign tumour, it was cancer, wasnt even precancerous and that i didnt need to be seen again.He then moved on to say well the pathologist must have taken the biopsy from the wrong area, i then added, all of which doesnt help me now. His attitude of its not my fault left me feeling in the grand scheme of things he had no concerns for his patient and was more concerned about whose fault it was. Needless to say i have requested a different surgeon for my surgery and i am currently in the process of suing him.
Sorry for the waffle, i think maybe anxiety is setting in again for tomorrows chemo, deep breaths lol
take care
anna

elljaydee

Hi Lisa, Barbara, Anna and all.

Barbara, if yu are flush, radiance cream from penny brohn center is brilliant. All the radiographers said my skin held up really well with it.

Lisa/Anna I know how you feel. My gp (female) was brilliant, got me referred minute i saw her with an urgent request. It was hospital that annoyed me although i dont think it affected my overall prognosis. There was no sense of urgency, every test took two weeks and then another two weeks before the next. They then had the cheek to offer me an op on Christmas eve and when i, quite obviously declined (they knew i had two boys) they gave me a form i had to sign because it had been over 3 months between original referral and op. As you know Lisa, i too had a lot of lymph nodes affected but i dont think there would have been much difference in the number in three months.

They also patronised and lied to me on several occasions even though i made it very clear i wanted the truth. This is a very sexist comment to make, but i feel breast cancer is better dealt with by female doctors, or at least in my experiences.

Linda

anna35

Hi Lisa, i feel the same kind of anger at the surgeon who did not take me seriously. Its disgusting and frightening how they seem to get away with it. If i made such mistakes in work i made be made to answer for them i am sure. I have refused to go back to that surgeon though and have been referred to a different surgeon for my surgery in January. I wouldnt mind meeting him in a dark alley one day though. I think it only natural feeling the way you did when you faced him, and i think its ok to feel angry.
take care
anna

lisa_lisa

Hi Barbara , I just used aquius cream just over a pound from body care for a big tub ....skin got worse after treatment had finished ???

Thanks for advise on injections had first one today had to wait two hours for it at hospital unit . So have asked doctor if they can do them from now on ....Came home from docs really upset while sitting waiting to see doc there was info on plasma screen about breast awarness and about seeing doc to be refered ...That really got to me as I may have already mentioned it tuck over 6 months to be re refered by my gp and in the end it was a different doc that thought all was not well .
So went in and saw Doc in question ( had not booked to see that one but othere doc was running behind ) He then started asking if I knew why I was having injection ect and started telling me how this would help my symptoms ect ...
I felt the tears stinging my eyes but would not give him the satisfaction ... The cheek of him I defo think it was his delay that ment it had traveled to my lymps and there he is trying now to give me advise .....
Sorry Im so upset and angry by it and because Im here with children cant rant or cry so Ive come on here to air my frustration!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A VERY ANGRY AND UPSET LISA xxxxx
thanks for listening lol

cheekybint

I'M BACK LADIES

Got back from Cyprus, had a luvly time, did jack....Very hot though, well into the 30's. Used me factor 25 and sat under an umbrella..

Started my RADS today at 0915....25sessions!!! They have lowered the dose for longer to try to preserve the skin on my now very in flatted boob...looks like mount Versouvious!!cant spell it...Need to have a major chicken fillet to make them look remotely even...Makes me laugh though when I look in the mirror, you have never seen anything like it!!....
Glad to hear you are all Ok....Welcom Anna

Lisa, I am on armidex...but my ovaries seem to have stopped production since the chemo...so they are waiting to see if I need my ovaries out or not. glad to hear you other boob is Ok...

Any hints to help preserve my skin..got some cream from the unit but if there is anything else anyone knows....

Luv to you all

barbara
XXX

elljaydee

Hi Lisa

Just back to normality. Had a good weekend in Hastings with my boys
just chilling, eating and drinking too much and doing very little else.

I dont need those injections but i think and someone might correct me here, they stop the production of oestrogen which fuels hr positive cancer. Removing the ovaries would have the same effect. I think it is because you are quite young and probably were not pushed into the menopause by this like i was.

All the best
Linda

lisa_lisa

Hi Linda enjoy yes its good planning things and not worrying about side effects , girls you always have good advise and wondered what your thoughts are ; today was told i need injections every month or my overies removed then will be taking arimidex ....
dont know much about it any one else on it ?
Hope your all well Lisa x

elljaydee

Hi girls,

Hope you are all keeping well. i am off to Hastings for a few days. Hopefully wont be like the last mini break when i was hospitalised.

Hope you are well and enjoying life.

All the best
Linda

lisa_lisa

Thanks Linda great to hear from you , yes at least the less we are on the more normal our life is becoming xxxx
Lisa

elljaydee

Hello Lisa, hello all,

Well i suppose its because I am back at work that i dont spend so much time on here. ~i still feel i need to chat to people that understand though and definitely wont be dropping off radar.

Glad you had a good time and scan on the other boob ok. i should be having one of them soon according to doctor i saw last week.

I am off to Hastings next weekend with the family to a caravan park. I am really looking forward to it, need a rest!!! I have a hospital appointment next week with onc. I expect that will be a feelaround and a few questions and off i go for another three months. We shall see.

Anyway, take care everyone.

Linda

lisa_lisa

where is every one , had scan on good boob an its ok !!!!thank God but will keep eye on it just come back from young womens forum at forest of arden it was great and really posh you must all try and go I have learn loads from the speakers that came and found it much easier to ask questions to the surgeons and doctors there than my own ,learnt loads about surgery and lympadima I got more out of it than I thought I would so that was good ,meet some nice ladies as well ..
Lisa X Get your selfs signed up xx

lisa_lisa

Hi Ladies sorry not been on a while
brum forum is arranged by this web site if ring the number on here they will give details .
Going to see consultant today having really bad pains in good boobie very hot and soar just like the othere one was .
Trying to stay positve but it is very hard hoping it is from rads or something .
Got a rapid acess apoint today
will let you know dont think i could do it all again
Lisa

elljaydee

Hi Anna,

They only gave me granocyte after docetaxol and not FEC. I had no real problems with FEC but docetaxol was a different ballgame. It is four months ago now and i still cant be hundred percent sure whether my bone aches and pains were due to the granocyte or docetaxol. All i know is they started at the same time as the injections and stopped when they finished. The oncologist said that this could be docetaxol. I asked if i could leave the injections on the last one but the onc persuaded me that my immune system needed all the help it could get. I agreed but used only 3 instead of 5. I didnt notice any difference but then as it was the last docetaxol, i was very tired and achey anyway. I kept my contact with the outside world to the bare minimum until i felt stronger.

Anyway and its easy for me to say now i have finished the course of treatment, i would say have it. Especially now with winter coming. Loads of bugs around. Your immune system needs all the help it can get.

I hope this helps you.

Linda

anna35

Hi, i have had 4 EC and 1 docetaxel. I didnt have the injection to boost immune system until after the 4th EC. I felt worse with the 4th EC and wondered if it was due to the injection. I have also had this injection following the docetaxel i have just had and have felt really unwell with this too. I dont expect to sail through this with no side effects (although that would be lovely) but i was thinking that maybe i have felt worse because of the injection. The one i had is called neoblast i think. Has anyone decided against having the injection following chemo?? and if so how did you get on?
take care
anna

elljaydee

Hi
just seen your post Pauline, you need to ask Lisa for details as i am from down south. I think there is a posting on younger womens forum as well.

Linda

mommyw

Hi ladies,
just read your comments to each other and was interested to see something about a meet in Birmingham. Could you please give me some details. Is this something you have put together yourselves or is is open to anyone. Do you live in or near Birmingham. I live in Staffordshire but was born and raised in Brum.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Pauline

lisa_lisa

Daisy defo rose red ...
Linda yes its the brum one im going to cant wait ....
Sorry only quick post not been on for a while computer playing up
Just had number 14 ...1 MORE TO GO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Skin soar but holding up ...
Lisa

elljaydee

Hello girls

Sounds good Lisa - are u going to the Birmingham meet then? I am meeting the stormriders in November in Derbyshire. I know its a cliche but it is so much easier to talk to people who have been through this. Even doctors and nurses, however well intentioned, cannot understand what we feel like.

Very wise Sharon, starting off slow. I now wish i had not been such a martyr and jumped in at the deepend. Still i am there now and swimming away. Half term in a few weeks to look forward to.

Said on FB enjoy yourself tonight. Barbara how are you nowadays?

All the best
Linda

lisa_lisa

just booked to go on the young womens forum for the weekend through this web site its at a country manor house looks really posh ..just got to tell hubby he got the kids lol
Lisa

daisy999

Lisa - well done, what colour are you on the Dulux range? I went from Rosie Red to a Hint of Pink!

I am signed off until Nov 30th, and then I am going back 15hrs a week for 2 weeks, then up to 20 for 2 weeks. With a review after the Xmas holidays. Just have to get the Dr to agree to it though.

Apart from sneezes and a bit of a cough (kids back at school equals germs in the house!!) I am fine.

Off to see Julian Clary this Sunday, can't wait as I know I will be laughing for at least 2 hours.

Wish you all well.

Daisy xxx

elljaydee

Hi all

Well done Lisa nearly there. Got my first appt with onc after treatment in 3 weeks time. I am going to ask about a recon and not be put off. I want to balance, i want symmetry, and i want to open the door straight away without running off to stick a boob in. (and a tooth but thats another story)

Not much else to tell, back to be overworked etc... kind of wish i was sofa-loafing watching Jezza car crash telly. Seriously, i am never satisfied.

All the best to you all.

Linda