Great tits T shirt -like or dislike? Please read.

A company has produced a t shirt with pictures of two blue tits where your nipples would be, and is marketing it as Great Tits. They say that it is to promote breast cancer awareness and raise funds for cancer research, with a proportion of the profit on each T shirt, namely £4.50, being donated to Breakthrough breast cancer. Breakthrough breast cancer have corroborated this, and have indeed posted on this forum about the issue. There is a thread about this already which not everybody may have spotted. Please go and read it and see what the debate/ heated discussion Is about.

The other thread is called “take a look at this”.

The purpose of this new thread is to carry out our own bit of unscientific Market research. We, and our friends and families, are the main people affected by both the T shirt and the research. There has been a lot of discussion about the pinkification of breast cancer, and this is not a thread to discuss the rights and wrongs of that. This is a thread to see whether the members of THIS forum like or dislike this specific t shirt and message. The company it’s had an overwhelmingly positive response in their Market research focus group. Before you decide whether you would like or dislike this t shirt, please have a think about what you would have said about selling this particular T- shirt if you had been a member of the focus group.

Thank you in advance for your time doing this.

Ps. Shamefully re-editing after the event, but if it doesn’t bother you one way or another, could you use the all new " neutral " option for your vote? Thanks

To start the ball rolling…

I dislike this t shirt and it’s marketing so

DISLIKE

I don’t actually mind it. Would I buy one? No. But I’m not offended in the slightest and I’m having a bilateral mastectomy.

NEUTRAL - am indifferent, but pleased if a breast cancer charity make some money out of it…)

Edited to include neutral!

DISLIKE

Thanks sandy toes. Glad you were honest about your views. Anyone else who likes will not be shouted at for it, I just want to know the balance of opinion and respect everybody’s views.

Maybe a "Neutral " option would work in my unscientific poll? Should I put you down for neutral?

DISLIKE

I understand the concept but just find it really hard to believe that they could not have come up with something more tasteful.

DISLIKE I’m afraid!

DISLIKE

Definite DISLIKE and so does my OH, thanks for setting up this thread as I would not ‘like’ the fb page just to post there, have been watching the page and they have now removed some of the comments by those who have complained.

DISLIKE
I have just had my MX and maybe that is blurring my vision at the moment but I still think they are tasteless and a cheap trick !

DISLIKE
It has no message to connect it to Breast Cancer awareness, it is offensive and for me the ends don’t justify the means. The TShirt costs £19.99.

Not offended by it, but as I said on the other thread it’s really inappropriate, and I think it is a bird-brained (apologies to our avian friends) idea

DISLIKE

Regardless of BC connection I hate it!
I just find that sort of slogan offensive and am downright ANGRY that ‘people’ can wear this at any event on any street and never ever realise what effect this has had…

Obviously money is more important than ethics/morality.
Shame on you Breakthrough!
I work for them and will see who I can speak to and challenge this decision!

dislike…hope breakthrough see sense x

Dislike… Very much

Definitely DISLIKE and you can add my OH as a DISLIKE too. (In fact I have never seen him so angry!)

Maude xx

I dislike. It’s not particularly witty and someone else pointed out that the birds in question were not Great Tits. I find thetshirt offensive. I am due a mx soon hopefully. It’s not that easy to ‘lighten up’ as has been suggested. I have a generally positive outlook but can’t put a positive spin on this one. The purveyors of this garment say it has had very little adverse comment: a survey of how many?
X sarah

DISLIKE

Definitely DISLIKE…really inappropriate.

DISLIKE enormously.