Gym membership

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January. After a mastectomy, chemo and now radiotherapy, I’m on the raid to recovery. At the beginning I was very active, going to the gym and doing a 5k run however, I ended up with a PICC line. I couldn’t go to the gym. My gym was name edited. I asked if I could freeze my membership for three months while I finished my treatment. The answer! No, we don’t freeze memberships, you have to cancel it and then rejoin I went in twice, wrote , and eventually emailed  name edited  himself. I got an email back saying that in all 61 gyms there is not a freeze option. Not only that, they wanted to charge me a cancellation fee. I have now got that sorted, instead of a three month cancellation it was reduced to one month. I am so cross. I was advised to do some exercise and in win going yo find another gym. Has anyone else had the same experience? Its night like I just wanted to give up the gym , it was a case of having to. Sorry to rant, but I’m disgusted that this happened. As we are all aware, it’s a tough time anyway with out a crass gym adding to it.