HAIR DYE

How long after chemo is it before you can dye your hair? Anyone have any sugestions of the best way to do it.

Hi Loo

There are several threads on this topic as its something alot of us ask.

My BCN told me to wait till 26 weeks after the final dose of chemo but dont expect the same results with permanent dyes that you got previously.

I wanted to go back to being blonde but the hair is really resistant and doesnt lift like it did before. Trying to be blonde too soon can make hair bright orange! Alot of ladies try the organic dyes first (not sure if they cover grey too well though). I went and got streaks done at an organic hair salon was pleased with the result.

Congratulations on finishing your treatment :slight_smile:

Judy

Thanks Judy

Hi Loo

As well as the support you are receiving from other users you might find the BCC booklet on hair loss useful to read. There is a section on page 43 which gives infromation of when you can colour your hair after treatment. To get a copy just follow this link:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.718/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/12

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

I too am worried about dyeing my hair. I had last tax in November 08 and have only just got about an inch of patchy hair. Still wearing wig. Do not want to show hair til it is longer (if ever) and it is dyed. Hair, eyelashes, eyebrows and nails now growing at less than half the rate before. Does it every recover?