HER2 positive and oestrogen receptor positive

hi, I’ve had the wle last Thursday 13/8, first lot of results have come back, as HER2 positive and oestrogen receptor positive, I think this means fast growing and more likely to spread? I need a tamoxifen type drug and chemo, probably herceptin, will this be as a drug? Should I be worried, scared? I’m staying strong, and know need more information, but should I be starting this straight away? My follow up appointment is not while 3/9?? Help!! X

Hi Carmia, my cancer was ER positive and HER2 Negative, it doesn’t mean it’s any more likely to spread or reoccure it’s just what the cancer is fed on, The fact that you can take Tamoxifen and Herceptin after treatment is a good thing as it gives you an extra back up against it coming back, I’m taking tamoxifen and I believe you have Herceptin injections for a year after finishing chemo and rads, I was told being ER + was good so I’m going with that! It’s all very frightening and confusing in the beginning but you soon pick up all the terminology and also learn that there is a huge variety of different Breast cancers and and even bigger bag of treatments so please don’t panic, they will sort you out xx love Jo