cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HO HUM its that time again!; )

dm1968

Re: HO HUM its that time again!; )

Hi All

Mel am so sorry missed your post yesterday, not really been on much last few days as busy. I am sorry you are so upset and am of course, sending you buckets of cuddles and love and hope that you get good news today. Keeping everything crossed for you. Heres hoping you get some really good news ....

Julie, so sorry about your face, but made me giggle too, although did make me say Ouch too, when I read it. Hope you are ok and it is healing fast. Take care of yourself.

Ali, glad you are on the mend now and glad you had time to recover at your mums though, probably did you the world of good. It is funny though, isn't it, watching from afar, other people doing your day to day things, like looking after the kids, I felt that when I was in hospital and also when I first got home. I didn't like the feeling either I have to say .... But well done you on getting through this hurdle, onwards and upwards now.

Lynne hope you are feeling heaps better too, but we know what you are going through and are all here to help you. SOrry missed your posting and only just catching up, and am sending you lots of love and cyberhugs too, gentle ones, and hopefully you are feeling more upbeat and getting ready for christmas. Fully understand where you are coming from too though.

Dilys well done on finishing another hurdle - what is next then? Hope you celebrate though and are having a good time. I am sure you are all ready for Christmas too!!! Hope the nails are still managing to stay intact though and you have not lost anymore. Quick question, did they start with a dip right near the cuticle and then fall off. All my nails have got a dip right next to cuticle and then raised a little, and got a little browny tinge to them ... does this mean bad news for me ... am dreading it ....

Well had my heart scan yesterday and really came away feeling emotional, low and deflated. It was an ultrasound basically, and when I asked them if all looked OK, he said, well we can't tell until we have done the report. Can they really not give you any kind of encourage and hope to cling on to. I am now so worried that they are gonna say my heart is not good, and no I can't have Herceptin tomorrow and on top of that we are all full of this damn cough and cold again!!!

But on a brighter note, 3rd birthday party went well, but unfortunately I gatecrashed another one first, as went to the wrong hall - deeerrrrrr!!! How embarrassing!!! But made it to the right one and they all had fun. Think I have filled you in with details of nativity so won't bore you again.

Nothing else really to say, but lets hope I get the OK tomorrow and things get moving again. Busy day today though, preschool now, pick up in 50 mins, then off to play area as my friends little girl is 1 and then me, Sophie, Jack and my friend with her 2 are off to see Father Christmas in Lakeside at 4.30!!!

Sorry for anyone I have not mentioned as well, but hoping you all ok too.

Take care all and sending everyone lots of love and cyber hugs and hope you are all feeling really better soon.

Love
Dawn
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

I just wanted to say thankyou for all your big hugs needed themxx

I will let you know thw outcome tonight after they have found.

Ali - thank you thank you thank you! The info was encouraging so lets just hope! I hope you are recovering well still xx

Lynne - Thank you for your prayers I hope they help! I still cant believe you have the energy to work! I have a hard time just keeping up with the kids and the house...

Julie - oh dear sorry but thank you for the giggle I did need it!!! But I hope it is not so sore today!!!!

Dilys - Thankyou for th hugs - I hope that you celebrated finishing Rads! hugs back xx

Lesley - I hope you are feeling ok! Cant believe we are having a crap time. hugs xx

Well all I will be back on later after I have had The phone call xx

Hugs
Mel
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I havent been on, OH birthday today so been out for the day. Im feeling better than I was the other night, I guess I should just try and be a little bit more positive! easier said thatn done to the biggest pessimist!

Mel - I felt the tightening around me hand, and boy did I need it...when i read that part of your message it really did make my heart smile inside to know that people are still genuine out there, so thank you so so much. I only hope the big hug im willing away through my screen to you works too!...after reading your posts you seem like you could do with one. Im sorry to read your recent news and that you may need extra chemo! I will include you in my prayers to St Agatha - Patron Saint of Breast Disease & St Peregrine Laziosi(Patron Saint of Cancer) who i pray to every night.

Strange thing being St Agatha hails from Scicily and has something to do with Mount Etna erupting...I was dx July 07 but in July 06 I was on Mount Etna - how bizarre!

Dylis - Thank you soooo soo much for the hug too, It found me ok and guess it worked! Hoping your well and the nails are ok. Congrats on finishing Rads too!!

Ali - What an absolute nightmare youve had!! cant beleive you couldnt get a bed, mind you saying that - when i was admitted to hosptial last week I slept in my clothes...wasnt given a gown or nothing..so I can well believe your story! Glad you had time to recover at your mums though..I bet you missed the kids and hubby! What you need now is to get that DVD of your daughters xmas play and a glass of wine and relax after everything that has gone on!

Julie41 - I sooo cant beleive you did that! Boy that must have hurt, I swear when stubbing my toe on the way to the bathroom let alone diving head first into the wall!LOL
I do hope your ok and not looking to bad. How is the hair coming along, Im desperate to dump my hats!

Sending the rest of you ladies hugs too, im tired and have got to go to work tomorrow......cant wait to break up for xmas!!!!

Love to you all.....and ladies........thanks once again for the lovely hugs, you girls are the best!

Lynne.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mel
So sorry that you had such a horrid time, the thought of more chemo would tip me over the edge....BUT, I just want to tell you a few things that might help with all the things you were told today.

I had my results last week as I said, and as well as the shrinkage news, they also told me there were patches of high grade DCIS in the affected breast they removed. Now initially this worried me as I thought, how could that still be there after chemo etc, but as I understand it Calcification can turn into DCIS and DCIS can then become Invasive BC. From speaking to other ladies it seems to be that they don't treat DCIS with chemo as it doesn't respond - surgery is the answer - so what I am trying to say is hopefully it will be OK as you have done the chemo bit for the invasive stuff, the rest will be dealt with by the surgery. They have certainly not suggested I have any more chemo despite the fact they found extra DCIS - and also they tend not to delay surgery lightly, so I'm sure it will still be full steam ahead.

Also the blue dye thing is all about the lymph nodes, they inject you with the dye before the surgery and so they can see how the dye travels through your lymphatic system and it highlights areas of concern I believe. They did something similar with me but it wasn't blue it was radioactive (nice) and injected into my nipple the day before surgery. And the wire markers...well dunno about that cos I thought they sometimes did that pre-chemo so they could find the tumour if it shrank beyond recognition.

I hope you get some sleep tonight, take a tablet or have a drink - but I'm sure they will explain all tomorrow.
Good luck, thinking of you.
Ali
x

PS - Nice one Julie - needed a laugh, hope it's not too sore!
PPS - sorry Lesley, sending big hugs - we're here when you are ready
PPPS - hope you are feeling better Lynne xxx
PPPPS - hope everyone else is OK.

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Mel how awful for you. I will be holding you in my heart until and after you know what is happening. That is so bad. Have a HUGE hug from me. Stay concentrated on you my darling. Blue dye is nothing but I haven't heard of pins? You will get through. Hugs, hugs and hugs.

Lots of love too Wish I could be there to hold you tight.

Lesley - hugs to you too, whatever the news.

Julie - oh lord! I know what you mean. I have even fractured my toe twice in the 27 years we have lived here! No alcohol involved either time! You take care.

Much love to all

Dilys
xxx

Dilys
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

I'm sooooooo sorry - I feel I've really deserted you all recently ! No Lynne, I haven't been stuck in the Spa - I wish !

I don't know where the last couple of weeks has gone to - I finished rads last Friday after 3 weeks trekking to Addenbrookes every day. For anyone yet to have their rads, its fine, nothing to worry about at all, apart from lots of waiting around. I drove myself there and back in the last week and had a great time tearing down the A1/A14 with my CD's blaring out, and singing along all the way.

Lesley/Mel - sorry to hear you're both obviously having a crap time at the moment. Sending you both HUGE cyber hugs, I wish I could do more xxx

Ali - sorry to hear of your time in hospital - how rubbish ! But welcome to the tissue expander club ! I can relate to the tissue expanders making it hard to breathe at times. I had 700mls in total too. Can't wait to get my new boobs in February !! xxx

Lynne - sorry to read you've been down honey. It's crap I know, we all have these down days. Hope you feel better soon Congrats on your 7 year anniversary, and I agree, I'm sure your other half loves you just as much as she always has xx

Sounds as if you all need a laugh, so have one at my expense.....

2am this morning, I got up for a wee. Staggered over to the en-suite, half asleep in the dark, and missed the doorway completely, smashing my face on the door frame. Needless to say, this (and my swearing that followed!) woke up my other half !. It was only while I sat on the loo having my wee whilst holding my hands to my face that I realised that blood was streaming down my face, at which point, I came over all faint and wobbled onto the floor. OH then patched me up with the largest plaster he could find, and a couple of nurofen !

Needless to say, I am now sporting a lovely red (large) gash on my nose and a bruise above my left eye. What a prat eh? Six years we've lived here, a million times I've got up in the night for a wee, and this is the first time I've missed the doorway. My 14 year old reckons I look like a right thug now.

Anyway girls, hope that's put a smile on your faces !

Dilys/Kelly/Dawn, anyone else I've missed - lots of love to you all, and I promise to be back on before Christmas.

Hugs all round

Julie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Mel

Really sorry to hear your news bug hugs to you. No words of wisdom really just want to say we are here for you. No point in saying try not to worry as that is easier said than done. Please let us know how you get on.

Can sympathise totally got some bad news myself today when i saw the onc but don't feel able to discuss yet need to work out how i feel about it myself.

Anyway hope the time passes as quickly as possible and tomorrow brings good news.

Love

Lesley

X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Before I start I would just like to well done Ali to get through all that!! I hope that you are taking it easy and recovering well! XX HUGSXX

I went to see my surgeon today to see if I was at a stage where an operation is possible! Well I sarted out at the top of the rollercoaster and now I have hit the bottom with an almighty bang!!! I went in she checked me over and said that yes a she can just remove the lump and all of the lymph nodes - a date was set 31st December 2007 (say goodbye to a crap year and start 2008 with it gone) or so I thought!!! Surgeon then suggested that I had a mammogram before I went - waited a further 10mins had gram then sat in waiting room to get confirmation that the gram was ok! BUT yep there is always a but I was ushered back into the surgeons office "We have a bit of a problem!!" She shows me two mammograms one with a mass the size of my hand of white dots and one size of a ping pong ball ! I thought the latter was the resent one - Wrong!! I have a large mass of calfications and she was not sure if it was due to the tumor shrinking and this is what was left from the break down or it was more cells!! Confused well I am!!!??? The radiologist was not at hand to advice so I was told not to worry but would need to speak to consultant and radioloist before we continue - dumbo me asks why and what would happen if op was delayed? She was concerned that the consulatnt may want me to have a more chemo! the tears at this point where rolling done my face as the thought of more FEC was more upsetting than the op being delayed... BUt she goes on to say that it is still operable but they will have a meeting tomorrow (surgeon, Consultant and radiologist) and will phone me after 3.30pm to let me know the outcome! So guess i wont get much sleep tonight......... I am really confused and more messed up than I am usually! she was rambling on about blue dye(WHAT??) and pins or thin wire (ERRRR?) but I was in to much of a daze to comprehend anything she was saying!

REALLY CONFUSED..

So if anyone has any words of wisdom please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sorry for going on and I have not even asked how anyone else is (dont mean to be self absorbed) I hope every one is ok and that you are doing well.

Hugs
Mel
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Ali what a saga! How are you feeling now? How awful to land back in hospital again so quickly. All I can say is welcome back again, and get yourself lots of rest with your family. And for goodness sake let someone else do Christmas for you!!!!!!! Great news that chemo seems to have worked. I always found it weird with me that they removed the tumour and nodes first so there is nothing to measure how effective chemo was by. If you see what I mean.

Loads of love Ali

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello All

Thought I should try and update you on the past 2.5 weeks, seems a lot longer I can tell you. I had my Op on 30th Nov, went in the previous night and had a right old nightmare getting a bed (there WAS a bed, just took forever for me to get into it). After about 4 hours of waiting and various other tests and topless photos (hmmm wasn't expecting a page 3 shoot!!) I threw a bit of a hissy fit and had a nervous breakdown in the corridor....cue lots of worried nurses and hey presto! A BED!!! Had sedation Thurs night and Fri morning to calm me down cos I was sooo stressed about the op - so by the time I went to theatre I was away with the fairies!!!

Went to theatre at 10am, didn't get back on to the ward until 7pm. How odd to completely lose a whole day - my husband, family and friends were freaking out cos I was gone so long - we thought max 5 hours - but the bi-lat mastectomies took 4.5 hours, the tissue expander recon 2.5 hours and then 2 hours in recovery (where all I did apparantly was shout about how long I had been in theatre!!!)

I was in quite alot of pain over the first weekend, I think mainly due to armpit (all lymph nodes taken on left) and the expanders felt like someone was crushing my chest and I couldn't breathe properly. Drains out one by one each day and then back to my Mum's on Weds 5th Dec. Stayed at Mum's for a week cos I just couldn't cope with being at home and knowing I couldn't do anything for myself or the kids would have been worse if I had gone home. So I had lots of rest and visitors at my Mum's instead. My in-laws came to stay at my house to help Patrick with the kids, so it felt really odd - like I was a spectator to my own life - very unsettling!

Missed Emily in her Christmas play, so that was rubbish - but awaiting the DVD from the school now. Have thrown several wobblers about Christmas and my lack of progress/decorations/shopping/wrapping etc etc - I am frustrated cos it has seemed to be so slow.

Went to have my dressings taken off last Weds, and they were unhappy with my armpit as a strange swelling/lump had formed - they thought it was the stitching and so had to go back in on Thurs to have it 'unpicked' - but they quickly realised it wasn't the stitching, and so wanted to go in further and stuck me back under a general anaesthetic -turns out it was scar tissue which had formed ridiculously quickly to form what can only be described as a 3rd armpit - not a good look I tell you. Anyway, they tidied it up - but then more strapping and another night in hosp. It has been really painful, but a bit better today, but I have not got my full movement back in that arm yet (right arm OK as they only took the sentinel node away).

Also saw consultant on Thurs, and they only found ONE cancer cell in ONE node (out of 22 taken) so the chemo def did it's job (we think, but cannot be sure that it was probably in quite a few of those 22 pre-chemo). Also the lump had shrunk to 5.3cm to 1cm so they were really happy with that. Rads now in Jan, but more inflation of implants on Xmas Eve first - so far have about 300ml out of a possible 700ml - so new (well temporary) boobs for Xmas - hurrah. Will have proper recon done next year I hope using tummy fat.

PHEW.........there are loads of stories to tell you, but won't go into them all now. I also need to read through all the postings to check out what you have been up to.

Anyway I hope you are all OK - sending big hugs to you all, I missed my daily fix on here!!!!

Ali
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lynne

So are you feeling better? You have so many cyber hugs coming darling. We all get it. Woke up this morning and couldn't believe I am in this crap body. But there you go. I am in it and it is all I have. But you are still you as I am still me.

Love and strength

Dilys

xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Lynne hunny! I want to give you a big hug! But a cyber one will have to do! I can relate to how you are feeling as I have also been there plenty of times and I only got diagnosed July 07 and it is still in me! Please please dont worry about ranting/sobbing I find its is easier on here as people will listen! and are going through the same shitty rollercoaster! Give OH a big hug as she is probably feeling as low as you and loves you for who you are and not what you look like! You will have many many xmas, hols and see many more smiles! Hang in there as you said it is do-able and we will ALL get through it! some days do feel harder but enjoy the ones that arent...

If you feel that your hand is tightening then that is me holding your hand and sending you me wishes and strength.

I hope you feel better soon

Cyber Mega Hugs

Mel
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lynne

Sending you a huge hug. You are right to rant - you and others are far too young for all this rubbish. I so feel for you my love. I too get tired of people asking me when it will be over - sometimes feels like it never wil be. So rant on, get it out, and just feel the cyber hugs coming to help you.

Much love and strength

Dilys
xxxxx

Community Manager

Hi Lynne

I'm sorry to read that you're feeling down at the moment. If you feel you need to 'off load' some of your thoughts and worries do give the helpline a call, the staff here are a good listening ear, it often helps just talking to someone. The calls are free, the number is 0808 800 6000 - open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

Hope this helps, kind regards
Emma, Moderator

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Having a bit of a dwon day...its my 7 year anniversary today(not married obviously!!) - and its saturday night, im bald, flabby and no confidence what so ever!! so we didnt go out. In fact we didnt even remember until we were wathcing x factor! our excuse was we have had too much on our plates...! And OH has gone to bed and im on the PC.....great anniversary hey! im 31!!! OH is 28!! its saturday night and we should be out enjoying ourselves instead the b*stard disease has kicked me in the guts once again!

The last few days Ive been havin "down" thoughts...how long am I gonna be around, whats to smile about, how many xmas's do I get...- then i kick myself up the ass and try and tell myself its ok....but each day i pray and feel sad about this whole damn experience. I look at others and think how would they cope if... then i think i bet they go home and just worry about......what veg there gonna buy for xmas dinner!!!

If truth be told there was a lady who passed away in my town about 2 years ago aged 34 from BC....at the time i felt soooo sorry for her family and now all i can think of is, am i gonna make it to 34? I wanna make it to 104! I pray every night that this b*astard doesnt return and I ever have to go through this treatment again.(it is do-able for any newbies reading this by the way)

My family keep asking me when will i get the all clear and i just keep saying I need quite a few follow ups yet - but all i wish is to start enjoying my life! Ive just got my house, we want to make it nice, we want to travel etc!

Im sooo sorry guys for sobbing/ranting...im just bl**dy sick right now!

Hugs to you all.....

Lynne.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear All

Welcome back Ali! Well done for getting through it all and just rest and let others organise Christmas and spoil you rotten!

Dawn - I just had a letter this morning with an appointment for my third heart scan in January. They are just so easy. You lie there while they rub the scanner over you and take loads of photos. You can actually hear your heart pumping. Takes about half an hour, and I find it very tempting to drift off to sleep! Don't stress about it at all.

Lesley - oh no! I am so sorry you have a delay. What a b*****r for you. I know just how you feel as my surgery date dropped from 1 May to 22nd May for reasons I won't bore you with. You aren't moaning at all either - you are entitled to feel down about it.

Mel - champagne and chocolate! Can we all come round to your place then? I love fudge too! Hair-raising problems - tee hee!

Lynne - honestly rads are fine. I am going to quite miss it after Monday! Anyone who has had surgery and chemo can do them standing on their head!

Off shopping again this afternoon. Have a lovely weekend everyone (and enjoy the party Dawn)

Much love

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All,

Ali - I am so glad you are ok and all went as smoothly as possible, big hug for the feeling crappy bit but hopefully you will recover swiftly - as Dawn says take it easy let people help and pamper you! And Yes I would like to know all so I can be prepared for mine in January! Take care xx

Dawn - Yep still High - but I do love xmas!!! As for waiting I dont really have much chose as they wont operate for mininmum of 3wks after chemo which takes us to xmas then hopefully in the new year things will start quickly. I have meeting with surgeon this Tuesday - hopefully get a date. Then got Onc on the Thursday for herceptin, Tax and any other poison that they want to give me! All before xmas!!! I am glad to hear your daughter has maternal instincts!!! I bet she was beautiful.... any dry eyes??? Oh whats Normal??? xx

Lesley - I think you need to rest - dont stress I know how I felt when mine was postponed - gutted, worried and all other messed up emotions! You will come through it! You have plenty of support from us so moan away! God knows I have plenty of times. I hate the idea of having to wait til next year to get this wicked horrible thing out! I am sick of crying knowing that it is still their! But we have to remember that if they gave you your chemo you would be really poorly! my nurse told me that even though things are delayed the chemo that is in the body already is stilll working, so it is still attacking the little B_ _ _ _rd! Big hugs! xx

Dilys - Wow only 2 rads left! bring them on! and you seem to be doing well - may this long continue! Glad you had no hair raising problems (sorry could not resisit!) and that your night was fun!

Lynne - Dont worry! mind you that is rich coming from the biggest worrier ever, but feeling a lot better reading how others are coping well with the rads, was told that if you can get through chemo the rest is a lot easier! Big Hugs xx I love baileys on ice mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I did open the champus finally last night, got the choccy fountain working, strawberries, melon, grapes, brandy sticks and watched a movie! It was soooooooo nice and relaxing...........

I am making fudge with the kids today so that they can give them to their teachers! not sure what state my kitchen will be in..... HO hum love em to bits!!!

Well better get started - think we are doing vanilla and choclate fudge mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Be good ------------- no better to be naughty hehehe

Love and hugs to all
xx
Mel
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear All

Ali great that you are back, let us know all your news when you are up to it.

Dawn, this time of year is exhausting normally trying to cope with all the kids parties, displays and chemo is even harder. Make sure you don't push it too far, sound like your daughter was a star.

Dilys glad RADS are going well, glad you had a good night out.

Lynne hope you enjoyed eastenders and baileys, both at the same time.

Everyone else hope all is well

Well i should have been saying i'm finished chemo, but then again nothing is ever that straight forward. Went to see onc on Tuesday, due chemo on wednesday and i was convinced everything would be fine as i have been on the nuetropen injections. WRONG white count and neutrophills too low, 2.4 and 1.2, but arranged to get blood done again on Thursday and get chemo as counts should be up by then. WRONG went on Thursday and white count down to 2.1 and neutrophills 0.8 so no chemo. Going to try again on Tuesday but i am really worried as my surgery date was all set for 14th JAN. If my count isn't good enough for chemo after 3 weeks what hope do i have of it being good enough for surgery. It was really hard to get a date that both the plastic surgeon and surgeon could make first time round. I don't want to have to wait a lot longer as i just want this thing out. Anyway i am waiting on the hospital telling me what they intend to do.

Anyway enough of my moans, hope everyone is doing ok and is organised or nearly organised for xmas.

Take care

Lesley

X

dm1968

Hi All

Ali, so glad to see you back posting have missed you. Glad the op went OK, and hope that it was OK for you and went as well as it could. No doubt when you are up to it you will post all the gory details and tell us how you are. Hope your little boy was really pleased to see you home again too, bet he missed you, know my daughter did when i was stuck in hospital it was heartbreaking!! But honestly, lovely to have you back. Hope you are looking after yourself properly and taking things easy, especially with all the christmas stuff going on. Make sure you listen to your body!!! Rest and more rest.

Mel, hope you are still feeling better after your chemo and that the sickness and dizziness have stayed away. Hopefully you are not still high as a kite though and have come back to normality. LOL.

Thanks for your lovely msg to me, was told a masectomy not option due to spread, but gonna double check that one. Can't believe they are making you wait til after surgery to know what happens next, can you not find out earlier. I wrote my onc a letter about my herceptin, as was stressing about it, and it worked. Can't wait to meet you too, will be a blast I reckon .... once you are over surgery etc and I have got use to my herceptin then lets get rock and rollin!!!

Dilys, only got a few days to go til my heart scan, think I am a little nervous but spose there is nothing really to worry about as it won't hurt. Just hope it all comes back OK and can go ahead with Herceptin. Glad you are doing OK though sounds like you are flying through the rads with not to many problems. Can't believe you have only two left ... well done you. Glad that you had a great evening out too, sounds like you had a blast actually ... and the wig behaved itself!!! LOL

Lynne am sure you will be fine on Rads, seems that it is not as bad as chemo. So try not to worry too much about it. Easy to say I know. Agree with you about Jack from DirtyBenders too, he is very very sexy .... wouldn't kick him out!!! Don't tell the OH!!!

Anyway, I have another party tomorrow but this time its a 3rd birthday party. Love this December month, we have a party every week and some in between. Sposed to be going out Sunday night too, with the girlies, but not sure if can be bothered yet. Cold nearly gone, still hanging in there, and as am normally knackered by 7pm everynight not sure if good idea. Also the thought of a really hot place and my wig, not sure I will enjoy it ..... so watch this space.

My little girl was Mary in her preschool Christmas Nativity Carol Concert. They were all so very good. It lasted 15 mins and non of them wandered off or misbehaved. My daughter was soooo funny, but played Mary really well, although glad the baby Jesus was a doll the way she dropped it in the crib. They sang about 7 songs and we have to keep watching the DVD, as I have now managed to copy from my lovely new camcorder onto DVD and done copies for Gran and Grandad.

Anyway, hope you all still awake after reading this dribble. Sorry for rambling on .... but hope everyone is good and no-one suffering from any bad side effects from treatment. Sorry for not mentioning everyone and hope the others who haven't posted for a while are all OK.

Take care
Lots of Love
Dawn
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Woooohooooooooooooooo !! Glad to see you back Ali - although sad that your feeling crappy! We have missed you!

You take care of yourself and sending you a big big biiiiiig hug.x

Dylis - Yeah you did mention that you went to Durham Uni - I just love Durham. The Cathedral is wonderful and I could just spend every day in Durham walking by the river and looking across at the Castle. OH and I would move closer to Durham like a shot! I just gotta get better and maybe that could be my next venture. I will give it a big wave for you.

Well, OH is out tonight on her teams xmas party so house to myself - yipeee! Have just had a chinese so im gonna finish up on PC and go get comfy and watch Eastenders...Jack is just luuurvly(if you watch it, you will know who im talking about) Work has been quite pants today so may indulge in a little Baileys for comfort!

Hoping the rest of you guys are doing ok too.

Hugs to all.

Lynne.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear All

I'm back home, had 6 days in hosp after my mastectomies and then a week at my mum's. Had to go back in again for another op on armpit yesterday, feel quite crap and so will post over weekend when I feel better.
Loads to tell you!!!!!
Hope you are all well.
Ali

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lynne and everyone

Oh I love Durham too. Think I told you I was at university there in the seventies? Wave at the cathedral for me! And don't worry about rads. It really is easy. Just a bore having to go every day. I finally saw the doctor there this morning and all there is to show is some slight reddening of the skin. To be honest I hadn't even noticed it. Just keep going with the cream they give you (and which you can buy for practically nothing) and you'll be fine. I have just one more session to go on Monday. Yesterday evening was great! I thought it was just the two guys coming but news had spread and we were joined by about another eight people! So a fine time had by all and it was so lovely to see colleagues I didn't expect. And the wind was kind and didn't blow while I had the wig on!

How is everyone else?

Loads of love

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Where is everyone?

Dylis - Bet you cant wait for Rads to be over? Thats for me next, Im getting a little apprehensive about it to be honest. I know it is a walk in the park compared to chemo but still, not looking forward to it. I hope your having fun on the town with some fine gents this evening! How is the growing of the hair going?

Dawn - Glad your treatment plan is going well and Herceptin next week.. Hope the carol service goes well too. My nieces and newphews are in there nativity, however my niece who is 7 is in the choir - god knows how as she is tone deaf bless her! Im suprised the school windows didnt shatter! ha ha

Mel - how ya going with the last FEC? and im sure it wasnt the news reader who looked the gorgeous one - it was me! LOL no doubt the news crews will be back soon when they arrive back at court! It was really funny becoz I live 5 mins away from where they lived and someone has put a sign up on the way into Seaton Carew saying "Seaton Canoe twinned with Panama" and before you think it ladies it wasnt me.....hmmmmm.

Kelly - Hoping all is well, havent heard from you for a while so hope the house is ok and so too is your step dad.

Julie41 - where are you skiving to? you still stuck in the Spa in Bath?LOL

Lesleys/Lee - hoping your all ok too.

Nothing much to report from me again...however I did watch a lovely movie tonight. Its called Mrs Arris goes to Paris...its a real oldie/shnugglie film! It has Angela Lansbury and Omar Sharif in....my mum no2 bought it for me. I laughed and cried but what a lovely film. Im hoping to get the rest of my christmas shopping this weekend and im going to Durham on Sunday(I LOVE DURHAM)!! I think one day I will move there!

Anyhow, Im sure im boring you now and should really go to bed as I have work in morning... 😞

Big hugs to all

Lynne.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Dawn and Mel and everyone

Dawn - so glad you are feeling better, and things are moving again. I have had two of those heart scans so far and they are easy enough. I have a lovely Australian girl called Mel each time! Hope the Christmas carol service goes well. Bet you cry! I know I would.

Mel - well done not taking the steroids! And glad it went better this time. What a relief!

I had rads again this morning - only two more to go. I thought of you brave ladies on ere when I was button-holed by a woman who moaned and moaned at me for what felt like hours! She still has her breast, she didn't have chemo, and was moanng about rads!. I just quietly and politely agreed with everything but really felt like telling her some of your stories! Rant over.

Off out tonight, fully be-wigged, for a drink in town with two male ex-colleagues. Feel really adventurous!

Much love to everyone

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

My Head Is Sooooooooooooooo COLD!!! Brrrrrrr

I slept most of the weekend then it was like someone had turned a switch on! As from sunday night I have been high as a kite! Found out that my body does not like the steriods that they have been giving me so as an experiment I did not have any this time round just the one they pump in with the FEC! I had no sickness, dizziness, aching or horrible tastes just slept. Then as I said from Sunday night I have been great! weird???

Dawn I am so glad things are now moving for you. Will you be having surgery? I get my date next week then this is the bit I am worried about I wont know about herceptin or Tax till after the surgery which most likely will not be until Jan 08! The long wait is playing havoc with my nerves! Ho Hum.....
As Dilys said you have been amazing and what you have achieved so far is wonderful and coping with two young kids - one a budding Mary!!!! I cantg wait to meet you next year as you sound such a lovely person! Big Hugsxxx

Dilys - I also think that there is more to the Darwins but getting a bit fed up of it being in the news 24/7! I hope that you a doing well and not getting to cold!

Lynne - I think I saw a beautiful lady walk by the cameras - or waqs it the news reader lol! I bet your area is a hive of activity....

Every one else I hope you are all well and drinking plenty of hot toddies!!!!!

Love and hugs to you all

xx
Mel
xx

dm1968

Hi All

Well had good news today, chemo ward rang to say am starting Herceptin next Thursday, as long as my heart scan goes OK next tuesday, so feel better. Think I was getting myself worked up about not having any treatment for a while, but now I know that it is all moving again and got treatment starting next week, feel a lot happier.

Thank you Dilys for sending me love and support, helps me through it all, knowing you care. I do hope you are OK today and the nails have stopped falling out.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and that they are ready for the end of the week. I have to go to my daughters preschool tomorrow as they have their christmas carol service, and apparently she is going to be Mary!!! Not acting, but all dressed up and singing. Ah bless, probably make me cry .....

Mel, hope you are OK after your chemo last week.

Take care all and thanks for listening to me yesterday!!! And a big hug to you Dilys. You have been so supportive to me over the months, as has everyone else too.

Lots of Love
Dawn
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Dawn

Sending you a big big hug my love. You have done so well and been so courageous. But you are bound to have down days, especially when everything seems to stall, as it is now. You'll feel better when it all starts moving forward again. ut in the meantime we are all thinking of you and sending you lots of love and strength. And you aren't moaning at all, just saying how you feel.

Much love my dear Dawn

Dilys
xxxxx

dm1968

Hi Everyone

Dilys sounds like you are doing really well on your herceptin and radiotherapy, so well done you.

Am feeling pretty low today for some reason, not sure why, although told a friend about me last night on email, we lived next door when was babies, and don't really see each other, but keep in contact, and she sent me lovely email and made me cry!!! So been tearful on and off all day really, as so worried about my future and my babies. Not sure if maybe deep down, knowing I am not having chemo tomorrow has something to do with it, maybe causing me more worry than I thought. Got heart scan on Tuesday in the afternoon, so not sure when starting herceptin.

Anyway, sorry for moaning, but just feel need to type it and try to get out of my system, hopefully will feel better tomorrow. Hope everyone else is doing OK and Mel, hope you not suffering to much after last chemo still.

Take care all and will catch up properly when feeling better.

Love
Dawn
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lynne and all

Oh Lynne how funny. Wish I had known and I would have looked out for you. The Darwin story gets odder and odder doesn't it? I feel so sorry for the sons, assuming they really didn't know anything. I just can't imagine parents that could do such a thing.

All fine my end. Breezing steadily through radiotherapy, ok on the little white pills, and feeling much more energetic generally. And the sun is out here today which always cheers me up!

Much love as ever

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

What a bl**dy miserable day its been! its never stopped raining here!

I was back at work today..HO HUM!! As I parked my car there was loads of tv crews(ITN, Sky - even CNN) parked outside our police station waiting for a glimpse of the Darwins......so i did my best to walk past the cameras and look glamerous so if you check out the news Im the sexy one that walks past!LOL There house is a 5 min walk away from my house!! One of my mates made a joke and put a canoe on ebay advertising it as a the Hartlepool canoe!LOL

Anyhoo - nothing much to report, hoping all you ladies feel ok and getting ready for xmas.

Will check in later in the week.

Lynne.x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

What a hideous day it is! Never mind, in and out of rads again early. Barts are just so good. No burning yet either, and only five sessions to go. I shall miss it in a weird sort of way.

No more nails gone yet! But I think they will. I get some funny looks on the underground but have given up caring now. And Lynne I would like some hair too! But my head is beginnng to itch which must be a good sign?

Love to all

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All,

I hope everyone managed to stay dry!

I spent most of the weekend sleeping, sweating and trying not to be sick but ~Hey I dont care! at least I got a break!

SO I am off to do some more xmas shopping

Dilys - I hope you are ok and that necklace has stopped growing? HUgs

Lee - I am dreading the Tax but if it does the job! Ho HUm sending hugsxx

Lynne - I would love to go back to work but not sure I would cope! How do you do it!...

Dawn - I am glad to hear you are on the mend! I hope you are nearly ready for xmas. bet the kids are sooooooooo excited mine are!!!

Lesleyhe - I hope you are feeling better today! big hugsxxx

Kelly - not heard from you for a while so I hope you are ok and the move is going according to plan.

Well ladies kids are getting themselves ready for school OH in bed as he is on nights! so I think retail therapy will perk me up! Getting a bit nervouse as meeting with the surgeon os next week.......... I suppose I must be thankful that things are happening!!!

BIg HUgs to you all

Mel
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lee and everyone

Mine said the order didn't matter at all, so I wouldn't worry if I were you. Nails - my pet obsession! Mine started to go stripey on FEC, weird and white sort of opaue during taxotere. But they only started to fall off after tax had finished (about a month later). I am missing both thumb and index finger nails, and the big and small toenails on the right foot. Delightful and very unsightly but not really painful. I am hoping the others might stay put but the middle left finger nail looks as if it is going to follow the others. As everyone boringly tells you about hair, they will grow back! I don't think this happens to everyone.

We have the yukky weather too! Grey and pouring down. Lovely!

Have a good weekend everyone

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone.... had tax number 2 thursday...dr said blood showed i was tolerating it and he wants me to have 2 more instead of one more...boohoo, but i would never say no and then feel like i might regret it sometime. i feel jittery but no pain as yet. last time it was a few more days that i started to feel bad.

when does the nails start being a problem, is it after u have had a few of the Tax?

This bothers me.... they have to mix my chemo and send it over to the clinic which is not always that quickly.... the Tax has a life of 4 hrs so they have to give me the Tax followed by the herceptin...nurse said ideally it should be herceptin first and then Tax..... what????? that worries me.... because they don't get the tax quickly enuf from where ever they mix it i can't get the herceptin first. anyone hear of this?

well I hope all of you are doing better this weekend.... the weather is yukky here!

take care,
Lee xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Mel - Wahoooooooooo!!! no more FEC!! really pleased for you! In the meantime you take care and stay warm.

Dawn - Glad your starting to feel a bit better and your cough is shifting too.

Nothing really much to report TBH. Been shopping today but came away empty handed, but TBH I couldnt be bothered and I was sick of being next to people coughing and spluttering/sneezing! Im just starting to feel as if im getting over my tired bout after my last chemo. but Im still getting a little breathless but i know that should soon pass....Id really just like some hair now.. ;-(

Ive still got a few xmas pressies to go, plus OH birthday on the 18th Dec so Dec is an expensive month!

Well, OH is going out tonight so i have my eye on a hot bath and some choccies in front of tv tonight I think! Tomorrow I may try my hand at shopping again..LOL and mums on sunday for lunch so gonna have a chilled out weekend before i go back to work on Monday!

Sending you all warm hugs as its vile and windy here so stay warm ladies and have a good weekend.

Lynne.x

dm1968

Hi All

Hope everyone is OK, this thread seems to be slowing right down now, must be the time of year, and everybody is really busy (apart from me that is). Still sort of taking it easy.

Mel congratulations on finishing your chemo for now at least you can forget sort of, for a while and get ready for christmas. Your house is probably as mad as mine or worse. But well done you and enjoy your champers, I am saving my champers for christmas day, gonna get pink laurent perrier, my favourite!!! Hope you are feeling better today too and the sickness gone.

Dilys, sorry to hear about your big toe nail. Why not add to your necklace, sounds like a good idea, although not sure how will look around your neck. Hope you are painting them all nice colours .... LOL. I have not lost any nails, and at the moment (touch wood) doesn't look like they are planning on doing anything, although skin around toe nails a bit dry and scaly.

Lesley, good luck with your last chemo next week and hope it goes OK for you with no side effects.

I hope that everyone else is OK and doing well and sorry not mentioned you all by name, but can't remember what everyone doing and don't wanna go back and then lose my text.

BC nurse rang yesterday, and earliest date for heart scan is 18 Dec, which is a bummer, but am down for first cancellation so have to hope that comes through, but apparently my onc is getting everything in place for Herceptin to start, so if get scan earlier, might start on 18. Have to wait and see, so keep fingers crossed. Didn't realise that Herceptin still works on reducing tumours too as well as acting as barrier, so that cheered me up too.

Anyway had a glass of wine last night, well 2 actually and just ordered a bottle with my online shopping for tomorrow .... and am gonna get myself a bottle of pink laurent perrier for Christmas Day!!! Said I could eat and drink whatever I like, so sod it, am gonna do whatever takes my fancy.

Hope all you ladies on here are ok this week and doing well, and anyone having treatment is not suffering too much. Feels weird knowing that I am not having chemo next wednesday now - I actually went out this Wednesday to childrens stay n play thing, and it was the first time me and my little boy had been out with my daughter and all our friends since 7 November, just before my hospitalistion. Feels like getting some normality back and cough/cold nearly gone to .... hopefully end this shitty year on a bit of a high!!!

God am I rambling or wot ... anyone still awake.

Take care all and lots of love.
Dawn
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hallo All

Sounds like good news all round then in many ways. Lovely and sunny again so I got the bus back from rads today, like a big kid in the front seat. Mind you I lost my right big toe nail this mornng. Damn! It will all add to the necklace. Think I will go for some retail therapy this afternoon and forget the shrinking bank balance.

Hope everyone as a good weekend. My brother and his family are coming tmorrow which wll be just great.

Loads of love

Dilys
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee its over no more of that horrible FEC!

Yes I was sick again but not to bad! lying in bed trying to keep warm as that is my only problem at the moment! Im bloody cold!!!! even got the big pink fluffy socks on! Well All I want know it the op over but HO HUM like evrything else that has to wait!

KELLY where are you!!!

Dilys - at least the sun is shining know! Hope you are well. Hugsxx In fact I think a necklace may be nice! mmm I wonder!

LesleyHe - It is a wonderful feeling when you finish! Champus is on chill ready for when Im upto it!! I may have to wait till Jan for my op, as Surgeion does not operate over xmas (sigh of relief when you got two yound kids who have had to deal with so much already)

Dawn - How are Hun! any more news!

To everyone else Lee, julie (mind blank bloody chemo!) and anyone I forgot (sorry) I hope that you are doing well!

Lots of love, hugs & giggles

Mel
xxx
((o))

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Yes Dilys i have the vile weather too, very windy and wet. I plucked up the courage to go to my local maggies centre today and basically bubbled from the moment someone said hello until i left. Guess everything catches up with you eventually. On a positive note i have an appointment to see the clinical psychologist for a one to one session, hopefully that will help me deal with things.

Also got a phone call from the plastic surgeons secretary today to say that they have liaised with my surgeon and my mastectomy and recon is confirmed for 14th Jan. So last chemo next Wednesday then a bit of a break before the 14th.

Dawn good news about shrinkage, hope you get your second opinion and then you can make informed decisions

Lynne sorry you weren't feeling great, hope you have a better weekend

Mel looks like I'm a week behind you in finishing chemo, my onc said anything between 3 - 6 weeks between finishing chemo and surgery is acceptable. My tumour has shrunk to 6mm with one chemo to go but they are still recommending a mastectomy because i have an area of inflammation as well. Never an easy decision to make. Best of luck for the 18th.

Julie, Lee, Kelly and everyone else hope all is well.

Big hugs

Lesley

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Eight rads down this morning and seven to go. I can't believe it is going so quickly.

Mel - well done on the last FEC. I am so sorry about your nails. Mine started with rather fetching white stripes too. I am hoping against hope that the remaining six stay put! Mind you, worse things happen..... Can't help with the gap between chemo and op as I did it the other way round. And I wasn't given the choice of a partial mastectomy. Whatever, the surgery is definitely easier than chemo.

Lynne - that must have been scary! I am glad you are ok now. Thank god chemo gives you a bit of priority at A and E! It has to be useful for smething (apart from shrinking evil cells). Wise decision to stay off work. I am not sure how you manage it in the first place.

Dawn - big hugs. You must be so worried, but shrinkage has to be a good thing?

Everyone else got the vile weather?

Love to all

Dilys
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,

Running around so cant address you all personally today - but hoping your all well.
Mel - Congrats on last FEC today!!! I know you have more stuff to come but your almost there...

Juli41 - Aww that sounds soo nice of your employers to do that - Im pleased too you and hubby and a lovely time together. I have RADS next in the new year then maybe Tamoxifen, but as im only a litte PR positive he said he would let me know at our RADS appointment. If not just Chemo and RADS for me..not that happy to be honest as id rather have an extra safety blanket with the tamoxifen...

Lesley - I manged work because i had too to be honest. Id been off sick previously with Sciatica(4 weeks) and we only get 4 weeks sick pay so id used it all up. However my employers gave me an extra 30 days sick pay so I was having chemo on wed and taking wed, thur frid and returing on the Monday. I felt fine to be honest to return, however my boss let me have light duties - I dont think I could have managed going back to my usual job. I hope you can take it easy with your treatments/work too.

Well, just a quickie to say I havent been on because I ended up in hospital on Tuesday night! Went round to OH parents for a joint birthday/end of chemo celebration meal and ended up collapsing! (at least I had eaten my Chicken Madras) LOL Id had a headache all day and to be honest shouldnt have gone but I made the effort and went. There was only OH parent and us so its not as if I made a fool of myself! We had eaten and they were clearing the plates and I went to the loo and came back and said I was dizzy so I sat on the couch and basically didnt lose concisnous(sp?) I just could respond - as if I was paralysed. I could hear them talking to me but I was cold sweating and rigid and couldnt answer them back.. I know I scared my OH because she got quite upset. She said it was like I was going to have a fit. So ambulance called and off to A&E to be admitted!!!!!! My blood pressure was sooo low! so they kept me in and just said it was prob just effects of last chemo. feeling ok now but staying off work and going back Monday.

Anyhow, must dash going to my mum no2 for a quick cuppa.

Speak to you all later and sending hugs to all

Lynne

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning All,

Bloods are ok so Yes I get my last FEC today at 2.30!! BUT it is not the end! After op Onc wants me to have Taxotere along side herceptin!!! so not looking forward to that one... Really worried about the length of time between last FEC and Op - Jan? Not seeing surgeon til the 18th Dec !!!! and thats only if shes say it has shrunk enough for the op!

Dilys - I will be joining you with the nails nxt yr! they already have these weird white lines from the FEC but not sure how I will cope in loosing them!!!

Lesley - I agree with Dilys get some rest! Look after number 1. The rest will follow....

Dawn - Our appointments are falling on the same days again! arent we the lucky ones.... 18th Dec... I hope you are feeing ok. It does not hurt to get a second opinion. Keep us informed.

Lynne - I hope you are feeling well..

Kelly - Not heard anything so I hope you are well and the move is going to plan....

Julie - Wow I wish I had a boss like yours!!! I hope you are feeling well.

Lee - I hope you got your chemo and your side effects are few - sending hug!

Well not sure if I have missed anyone out!

Got a question for those who have had the op what was the gap between last chemo and op? and any advice on partial masectomy? as it is still 4cm in size....
sort of getting really worried - I know that they are only attachments but they make me ME!! All my life we have joked about Melanie melons as they are so big and errr how can I say up front! I have never been shy about them in fact I felt quite lucky - but that has all changed! worried how I will feel, if OH will see me differently! or how the kids will see me! sorry for going on again!

Many thanks ladies

Hugs
Mel
xx

dm1968

Hi All

Well after my ct scan on Monday, I had my appointment with the onc today and got the results. Apparently I have responded well to my chemo of 3 x FEC and 3 x Taxotere and the tumours in my liver have shrunk considerably. Didn't give any percentages or sizes etc. So I spose it is good news that they are shrinking well, but not disappeared, which I know I shouldn't expect!!!

He reckons that "no-one with bc, would get liver surgery, as it can spread elsewhere apart from liver, and also even though I have 2 tumours showing on scan, could be more that are too small to be picked up". Apparently only liver cancer from bowel cancer is operable. But he is happy for me to get a second opinion on that ..... which we are looking into, need to try and find a liver specialist/surgeon in London, Essex area.

They are putting in for me to have urgent heart scan, so either end of this week or next week, and then to start herceptin. He said normally waits 4-6 weeks after chemo before starting, so pointed out 18th Dec is 4 weeks, so would be good.

Anyway, rambling now. So think it is good news as shrinkage and responded to chemo, so now hope that Herceptin works well for me and controls my liver etc.

Thanks for listening

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing OK this evening and had good days today. Sorry for the rant above, know it is good news, but part of me thinks, that maybe it should have disappeared and that as not, it must still be quite big. I dunno what to think really, feeling little confused, but am happy it has shrunk honest!!!

Love
Dawn
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mel and everyone

Yes I am trying to catch you up in the shopping stakes and am doing well. What with that and rads I am pretty busy - hence the relative silence. But I am fine. Five nails down now and another one going, but they will make a very unusual necklace! I am resigned to it now. Just hope no one else finds it happens to them.

Mel - hope you did manage the last FEC. Is that the end of chemo then? Or is there more to come?

Lesley you should try to get some rest! It can't help worrying about work the whole time. I am so lucky that I don't have to but wll need to get a job again next year. Preferably when I have some hair. Good luck with the on line shopping. I love it when the things actually arrive, don't you?

Dawn - hope your appointment goes well this afternoon. Have everything crossed for you.

Lynne - hope you are feeling better? Like lesley you should try to get some rest.

Much love to everyone

Dilys
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

2 Top Tips for hassle free xmas pressie hunting infact there are a few extras!

1.. Internet - wow what savings and straight to your door without getting wet and stressed

2. Write a list then give it to hubby!

3. Gift vouchers!

Hope these help for starters!

Hugs Mel
XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

Mel Really hope your bloods have been OK and you get your chemo today, I will be joining you next week hopefully with last FEC due on 12th. My surgery is booked for 14th Jan , what about you?

Dawn so glad all went well with the party and you are starting to finally feel a bit better. It's funny to hear you talking about the places round about you, I lived in Langdon hills a long time OK when i first left university. My first job was in Basildon and then i worked in Grays for a while. Haven't been back in a long time i would imagine that things have changed a lot.

Dilyis, hope your nails are bearing up and the RADS are going OK. It's strange how sometimes smaller things are really important to us.

Julie, yes i am jealous, can't see my company doing that for me. Want to sneak me in your case next time. You are right it is so important to make time for you as a couple. Hubbie and i had been thinking about a night away before the surgery but i haven't felt well enough to really enjoy it.

Lynne, hope you are feeling a bit better, I am now finding the working bit really hard. If i get through to my last chemo next week i think i will be calling it a day till after my surgery. How long do you think you will keep working for?

Mel, wow you are organised, any tips to help the rest of us would be gratefully received.

Lee, sorry you have been feeling grotty, will keep my fingers crossed that you get chemo tomorrow and that it's better than last time.

Everyone else hope things are OK and you are organised for Xmas.

I have finally got my eldest's birthday party organised for the 16th, things are really getting busy with the kids having parties and displays coming out of the woodwork. Think i am going to spend the afternoon trying to order as many Xmas pressies online as i can.

Take care everyone

Lesley

X

dm1968

Hi Everyone

Mel hope your bloods are good today and you can get that last chemo under your belt before christmas and get over the side effects too before the big day!!! Keeping everything crossed for you.

Dilys hope the nails are hanging on in there honey, and you are looking after yourself. I do hope you are not shoppin til you drop too, as need to rest and get ready for the christmas stress.

Kelly, wot is happening chuck. Have you moved house yet, or in the process of it this week. You mentioned the 7th, so let us know. Hope that your step dad is doing OK too and that things are OK with him.

Lee, Lesley, Lynne, Allie, and everyone else, hope that you are all doing OK. Been very quiet on here recently, just me babbling about my daughters party and my life in general. Hope no-one is suffering with side effects from chemo etc, and you are all just partying, getting ready for christmas and busy wrapping pressies.

Well going out today with BOTH muppets, first time poor little Jack and me been out on a Wednesday since 9th November (WOW), so off to play area to have some fun. Am doing OK, still got my cough and cold, but hopefully it will decide to bugger off soon. Keeping an eye on my temp too.

Got onc appointment at 4.15 this afternoon, and am bricking it now .... my results should be with him, as my bc nurse said that another bc nurse had already picked them up and was taking them to Orsett with her this morning, ready for appointment this afternoon. So will find out what has happened to my liver during chemo, asking about surgery on it, when will start Herceptin, when get heart scan and what happens anyway in general. Will be exhausted after all that .... fingers crossed I get some good news ..... oh my god ..... wish I didn't have to go .....

Anyway, gotta get Jack's bag ready with nappies and lunch, so will catch up with you ladies later, probably not til tonight though.

Take care all and sending buckets of love and cuddles
Dawn
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

HO HUM! Its that time again!

But this time it should be the last till after the op then HO HUMMMMMMMMMMM will have taxotere but will deal with that when i GET TO IT!!

Anyway! If bloods ok tomorrow IT WILL be my LAST FEC!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE it feels such a long time ago when I first started and logged onto this site and met some amazing people! I would just like to say a quick thanks to you all for all you fab support! and long may our friendship continue......

I hope all are well. Cant believe no one has been on today! must be trying to catch me up with the xmas shopping!!! even started wrapping!!

Hugs & Kisses
and not forgetting the giggles.

Mel
xx

dm1968

Hi All

Julie, wow, that sounds absolutely wonderful - can you squeeze me and OH in next time and will leave kids "home alone" - LOL!!! But honestly, sounds like you had a great time and well deserved no doubt.

Dilys, I am so sorry about your nails, and you tell us as much as you like, it is good to moan about it and you deserve too, and it does sound really awful. Bless you, wish there was some advice could give you, but alas, can't.

Mel, wonderful getting your tree up - and all that shopping. And yes, I certainly do feel different about spending money since dx, which is why bought the laptop, new house phones and new camcorder last week, as life is too short for worrying and not spending, and I deserved to treat myself, although we are saying they are early crimbo pressies for ourselves, yeah right!!! We are putting our tree up this weekend I think, although very nervous about it, as am sure Jack will decide that it is his toy for trying to pull over, pull everything off, or just destruct it!! And the word NO is like me saying go for it ... how can a 1 year old be such a trouble maker!!! But he is so cute that end up laughing!!!

Well had scan this morning, nothing to report really, except Basildon has got a great new building which houses the ct scanner etc, and it is really nice. They only scanned my liver, so in a way that is good, cos means on Wednesday can't give me bad news as such as further spreads, just what has happened. Told them seeing onc on wednesday and they are gonna try to get results done by then, so hopefully they will. But was OK, had injection for colour dye but didn't have to drink that awful drink.

Daughter had fab birthday on saturday. Absolutely loved it, but think have told you that. And today she was sooooo excited and when picked up from preschool, first thing she said was "mummy can I open my presents when I get home" .... ah bless. And you should have seen the pile. Didn't take long to plough through them, and although excited with them, just put them aside and moved on to the next one. Quite funny to watch and little Jack Sprat ate the paper, ate the cards, climbed over all the pressies and basically caused havoc.

Think my cough finally going and had my first good night sleep last night in 3 days. Cold seems to be clearing up at last too - so that is good news. I too seem to have more hair on my head, but a long way to go before have hair style.

Lee, my hands did go though a "dry" stage, but never peeled etc. I rubbed E45 on them and seem to do trick. But everyone is so different. Hope your chemo goes OK this week.

Anyway, hello to everyone not mentioned, hope you are all OK and doing well this week and anyone with treatment, just wanna wish you luck and hope all goes OK.

Take care and lots of love
Dawn
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hallo all

Oh Julie how wonderful! What great news and how good of your company. Sounds just wonderful. So glad you made the very very best of it. And like you I am into the radio. I am one day behind you! Five down and ten to go myself and fine so far.

Mel - well done with Christmas! Leaving me breathless!

Much love to all

Dilys
xxxx