HO HUM its that time again!; )

Hi all,

Its that time again!! I have got bloods wedenesday & oncologist - god help him because I’m on a roll and have wrote down all the qustions I want answering!!! lol that will be fun.
Then if bloods are ok got 3rd FEC Thursday… that means im half way there!

Oh and if anyone else says to me “ooooh thats gone quick” I will screammmmmm

Does anyone get “The LOOK” you know the one the oh so pity look as if you are going to drop dead there and then(sorry to be so blunt) oh and the “Don’t you look well” Only if they could se me after the chemo? My OH thinks that Ive got PPMT

• Permanent Pre menstrual tension - every day!
    Does FEC turn you into a snappy Hate everyone B_ _ CH?

okay winge over.

I hope everyone one out ther in the cyber world is ok!
Sending hugs
Mel
xxx
gotte giggle!! what else is left!!!

Hallo Mel

Yes indeed! I have bloods on Wednesday and hopefully second of three taxotere on Thursday. Have left the FEC behind thank god. And don’t I look well! Sure you do too (ho ho).

Keep smiling - is the only way to go. Large glass of wine anyone?

Much love

Dilys
xx

Mel

Keep smiling and giggling…

I am out the other end but I really feel for you. You are in the middle now and you will get to the end, its is such a fantastic feeling to get through chemo.

Hang in there!!

lol

Annemarie

Mel,
I know exactly what you mean, i too have just finished my 3rd FEC with 3 Tax ahead of me, and the amount of people who have said " crikey thats gone sooo quick" wish i had a pound!!!
Also went to a christening today and by the sound of it i was the the most “well” looking person there, the times i heard it…mind you i did have half an inch of slap on !! It seems the standard in conversation with me these days are the comments on time and how good i look which beggars the question of how the heck did i look before!!
Definitely large glass of white for me Dilys…lol
Sue x

Hi

I haven’t started my chemo yet (3rd Oct) but I too went to a christening and I too are getting fed up with well meaning people telling me how well I look ( it takes me more time to get ready positioning the prothesis!!) I also think my well meaning mother has told my relatives how hard it is for me so they are shocked when I don’t look like I’m ready for my death bed!!!

I am going to the “looking good” session this afternoon so with all the lovely free samples I should look wonderful LOL!!!

I am going out on Thursday evening with some of my colleagues for a pre chemo meal/drink and yet again I will be told how great I look (perhaps its because they are still working and I am sick, says a lot about my job!!!) at least I can have a good laugh with them!!!

Oh well must sign off as I have to get in the shower and get ready for this afternoon!!!

Keep smiling girls

Lesley
x

Hi All

Hope the LookGood session goes well Lesley. I am going to one tomorrow and am really looking forward to it. Can you imagine how well we are going to look after that? Actually I agree - half the looking well is not havng to get up at the crack of dawn and dash off for a stressful day at work! There has to be some benefit to all this. You are right Sue - whatever did we look like tired but with hair?

Lots of love and still laughing

Dilys
xxx

Ho Guys!

Have I been a mushroom? Where are these LookGood Sessions?

I agree with the mad dash to work at least when we do go out we have only the make up to worry about and what colour bandana to wear! lol

Take Care all

Mel
xx

Hi Mel

Have a look at www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk It is a breast cancer charity I think and they run sessions across the country. Hope there is one near you! Let us know. They sound fantastic, and I’ll tell you tomorrow once I have been. I was never one for much makeup and can’t believe how excited I am at the thought of it.

Love

Dilys
xxx

HMMMMM don’t know because i was pretty much a b*tch prior to diagnosis!!! hehehe

Thanks Dilys,

Just been on website and there is one local to me!
So Im off to give them a ring! I have to keep up wth the “how well you look” comments!

Many thanks!

Mel
xx

Dear Mel

Oh great! Mine said no space till November until I begged! They seem really nice people. Fingers crossed for you.

Love
Dilys
xxx

Well I Tried!
But they cant get me in till Feb 08! ah well never mind! I should still be under treatment!

I even begged! no spaces…

Hope you have fun tomorrow!

Take Care

Melxxx

Mel,

I’m wondering where you live as I rang my nearest hosp that run ‘look good’ sessions and have been told I can’t get one 'til feb 08 either! Apparently they only have one in Oct and thats full, then theres a break til after Christmas. I am due to go in Feb to the New Cross hosp in Wolverhampton. Trouble is, although I’ll still be having treatment my chemo will be well finished so I may feel a bit of a fraud if you know what I mean?

Anyway, as you can tell from all your responses, we all totally empathise with you!!! I hate those ‘Ooh, you look well’ comments. I know they’re only trying to make us feel better but I just say, ‘well, you should see me after chemo, you wouldn’t be saying that then!’ or ‘its largely down to the inch of make-up I’ve got on!’. What are people expecting us to look like, death warmed up? Are we supposed to look really pasty and have the grim reaper following us?? Oh, I sound really ungrateful don’t I? I really don’t mean to but it does wind me up at times. How we look outside rarely reflects how we are feeling inside,

Rant over!

Take care and all the best for weds and thurs,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Kelly,

Yes it was New Cross, they were vey sweet explaining the same full etc…
I did explain that I would hopefully be coming to the end of my treatment - she adviced that that does not matter as it would take some time for hair to grow back!
She also went onto say that I could meet people in the same circumstances!
So no Dont feel like a fraud!

I glad itas not just me who gets the comments!

I live in cannock and have chemo at home via Stafford Hospital.

Where do you live?
TC
Mel
xx

Hi Mel,

I live in Telford, Shrops. I have my treatment at the Royal Shrewsbury Hosp. Fancy that, we’ll prob both be going to the same session and I’m so glad I won’t be the only one who will have finished chemo!!

Kelly
-x-

Dear Mel and Kelly

Oh I do feel lucky now. Someone hadn’t rung them to confirm when they had said they would, so the nice lady just slotted me in. Even so I could have gone in November. Lucky accidentof timing for me really. I’ll let you have any top tips. I think they do them once a month at the Royal Free in Hampstead, which is where I am going. Sorry you both have to wait.

Much love

Dilys
xxx

Kelly and Mel, I’m having my treatment at Newcross, was told about the “look good” thing when I started chemo 5 weeks ago, they said they’d book me on a course - but I’ve heard nothing so far, and from your comments I can’t expect to get on until Feb either!!! I will have finished chemo by then as well… I will probably be going through radiotherapy… I’m due for 3rd chemo next week, so will ask them then. In the meantime I’m going to a “healthy living day” in Brum this Thursday.
I went to a family party at the weekend, first time I’ve worn my wig - by the end of the night I was ready to punch the next person who told me how great it looked, better than my real hair. !!! Well, thanks for that. !!!

Shannon
x

Hi Ladies

I have just got back from my “looking good” course, came home with a large makeup bag with freebies (some of them I would not even pick up off the shelve as they would be so expensive. The ladies were very nice and it was good to speak with others going through the same thing. There were ladies from different parts, I attended Maidstone in Kent and some came from London, we had a cuppa and biscuits so it was more like a coffee morning and being shown how to apply makeup. We were all at different stages of our treatment and everyone had stories it was good to have a laugh. I would definately recommend it

Lesley
xx

Lesley

Hi Lesley

Just caught up with this thread, as not been on much lately, as been quite grumpy and emotional. I was thinking of trying one of the looking good courses and think in reality my nearest is Maidstone. Is there a waiting list do you know and any other info you can give. Would be really nervous about going actually, as not the most confident person meeting people I don’t know, and probably even more so at the moment.

Love to have any more details if you can.

Thanks very much
Dawn
x

Hi All

Booked myself on to the looking good course a few weeks ago following a thread that said how good it was. Going at the end of Oct to Bristol Oncology centre.

Kim x