HOT FLUSHES.....lovely

Hi laydeez

Any top tips on how to survive/ diminish hot flushes ?

Am just about to have my last of 6 FEC and told I can have Acupuncture 3 weeks after but I am waking up atleast 4 times a night with “power surges” and i cant remember the last time i slept through the night !! Its like having a new-born again !!

Tks M x

Hi M,

I’m going to bump this up as I’m in a similar position - just had FEC 3.

I’m still having periods :frowning: On FEC1, I started my period the day before (nice timing) - I had flushes until my period ended (much longer than normal) then had nothing until my last period was last week which triggered them to start again??

Anyone any ideas when/if the flushes will drop off?

Axx

Nothing really useful to say! I HATE hot flushes. I had 3 periods during chemo but have missed my last 3. I finished chemo 2 months ago and the flushes have calmed down somewhat, but I’m on Tamoxifen and Zoladex so preparing for them to kick off again with a vengeance. Ladies on here swear by the Chillow (cold pillow) and I ordered one yesterday. Hope it helps me sleep. So bored of the duvet on/off game…!

Hi all

I am posting a link to the BCC ‘Menopausal symptoms and breast cancer’ which you may find useful:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/menopausal-symptoms-breast-cancer-bcc18

Best wishes
Lucy