66.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW OFTEN DOES TRIPLE NEGATIVE RECUR IN THE CHEST WALL AREA?

6 REPLIES 6
horace

Re: HOW OFTEN DOES TRIPLE NEGATIVE RECUR IN THE CHEST WALL AREA?

If you go 5 years ned with tn it almost never recurs,if you go 8 years they use the magic word cured!!
It is most likely to recur in first 2.5 years post dx then by 5years the risk has reduced drastically-the 10 year stats are going back before the present [3rd generation] chemo eg taxotere.Recent findings are much more encouraging.
re peripheral neuropathy-I am just over 5 years down the line and still have slight pn in finger ends and toe ends.It doesnt affect me much but is alwasys there.It is an se of several chemos including taxotere.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there joseymarie
I read yr post about having peripheral neuropathy 8 yrs down the line, which I was interested in. I'm coming to the end of my chemo and have been suffering with this in my fingers and my toes. Yesterday I had to have 2 lime green coloured nails punctured and drained (yuk). Now I have numbness in the ends of my fingers. I was hoping once I had finished chemotherapy this would get better, especially as I'm a medical secretary! How does it affect you and ismitmdebilitating?? Will you get better, or,is the nerve damage irreversible?
Thanks Sharon

Lulu34

Thought I'd replied to this but think i must have forgotten to submit it and it timed me out.... It's annoying it used to save unsent messages on my iPad but doesn't seem to do it now 😞

Anyway I have a faulty brca 2 gene and had hormone post BC in 2006 then a TNBC in the other breast in 2009 and a recurrence of the TNBC in the interpectoral lymph nodes within the chest wall 5 months ago..... These nodes are a very rare place to get a recurrence... 1 in 1000 recurrences..... Some people don't even have these nodes....

There are various places within the chest like in the nodes, the muscle, the ribs etc.... Recurrence of TNBC is highest between year 1 and year 3 and drops almost to nothing after year 5.... In a research article about recurrence and distant mets, about 1/3 had a recurrence but 2/3 had no recurrence at 10 years meaning after around 5 years if you havent had a recurrence then you are pretty much considered cured.

Survival at 10 years for TNBC is 75%

Hope that helps a bit.

Lulu xxx

josyemarie

I've just turned eight yrs down the line and still have pain where I had the rads!...still have peripheral neuraphy in my toes as well but hardly notice it these days.

Lucy_BCC

Dear KINGDOM HOPE

Welcome to the BCC forums, along with the support from your fellow users, our helpline team are here to offer you information, support and a listening ear, the lines are open 9-5 Mon-Fri and Sat 9-2, it may help to talk your concerns through with one of our team. The number to call is 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy

Nonny

Hi Kingdom
I was diagnosed triple negative in 2008. You don't say if you had radiotherapy or not. I had chemo, bi-lateral mastectomy and right axillary clearance followed by radiotherapy on the right side. I now have permanent pain in my right side, collar bone and sternum area. Have had ultrasound, colonoscopy and CT scans (chest and abdomen) along with X-rays all clear. I was advised that this was fairly common and called radiation osteitis, caused by the radiotherapy affecting the bones and at least I was still alive!
Try not to worry too much, I know every little ache and pain assumes gigantic proportions. Hope it is all good news after your CT scan.
lots of love
Nonny

Guest user
Not applicable

HOW OFTEN DOES TRIPLE NEGATIVE RECUR IN THE CHEST WALL AREA?

I WAS DIAGNOSED APRIL 2009 W/ TN IN THE RIGHT BREAST. I HAD A MASTSECTOMY AND CHEMO. OK SINCE BUT NOW SINCE LAST MAY(2011) I HAVE HAD PAIN IN THE STERNUM AREA & AROUND THE RIBS. I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL DRS. THEY SAY INFLAMATION IN THE AREA. I HAD A COLONOSCOPY & ENDOSCOPY LAST SUMMER. IT CAME OUT FINE. I HAVE READ ABOUT TRIPLE NEGATIVE MOVING TO THIS AREA AND I AM VERY AFRAID. I DO HAVE A CT SCAN SCEDULED.