Had 2 doctors physically examine my SO and both said the same thing that "It's likely Benign" but...

After an Ultrasound she got a Category 4 on her BIRADS which looked like a low- moderate chance of it being BC. She is now scheduled for an excision biopsy this weekend and then another week for the final result.

My SO is just 27 years of age and none of her immediate family members have a history of cancer.

Just looking for anyone here that went through a similar experience? This waiting game is driving me crazy.

Thank you

Hiya, I’m sorry I don’t know who you are referring to as SO but wanted to say welcome to the forum and that there will be plenty of ladies here who have gone through a similar experience, if they cannot get a clear answer one way or another with the tests they have done they will investigate further by either biopsy or removing the lump completely to check it out.

The waiting is awful but it’s the only way to find out what’s going on and these things unfortunately take some time! Hopefully all will be well but please keep in touch and let us know xx Jo 

Hi Jobey. Think it means Significant Other !

FckCancer - Am I right with that Fck? That’s so great you’ve come on here to support your other half, due to your concern and love for. We’ve all pretty much been through the same with biopsies on the Forum. Jobey and I are of a more mature age group, so I hope some younger members pop on to join you soon. And yeh, as Jobey said, the waiting on treatment/results sucks basically. There’s no way round that I’m afraid. You’ve both just gotta try and keep your minds occupied as much as possible and try and do things that are uplifting and cheerful, until the treatment and then results, then you know what’s what, and if anything further is required. I hope her results are that it’s benign. There’s plenty of younger threads you both to have a read of. Have a look at the “Have I Got Breast Cancer” area too.

You, yourself might find it helpful to have a look at the “Supporting Someone With Cancer” / Partners area on this Forum too. Have a read and a chat to some other partners. Hope you can keep strong to help her keep her strong. Hope all goes well for you both and it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Good to see you Jobey

Delly xxxxxx  

Thanks Delly! I’m clearly older than I think!! ?

Hi again Fck,

I know it’s early days yet, since your post, but if you’ve time and feel up to it, would you keep us informed how your partner’s doing, where she’s up to?

All good wishes to both of you

Delly xxxx