cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had IDC diagnosed 5 years ago, now inflamed breast

4 REPLIES 4
Kess

Re: Had IDC diagnosed 5 years ago, now inflamed breast

Just posted in your other thread. Glad they are keeping an eye on you. If it doesn't respond to the antibiotics quickly, then do push for a scan. In the unlikely event it is Ibc, you really want to start treatment soon.
Ruby1

Aww Jbug hope you get this sorted asap and that you start feeling better and hope that the antibiotics work for your inflamed breast

Hugs

xxx

jbug

Thanks, they checks me out, going to give the rash more time to see if it responds to antibiotics. But am having a leg scan and liver scan ASAP as my liver functions were so abnormal. Xx

Ruby1

Hi Jbug

How did it go at the hospital?  Hope things are okay. So sorry about what you're going through, and thinking of you.

Hugs

Ruby xxx

jbug

Had IDC diagnosed 5 years ago, now inflamed breast

Was diagnosed almost 5 years ago aged 29 with IDC and loads of DCIS in left breast. Opted for a double mx and sentinel node biopsy. Had rads and chemo x6. Had breasts reconstructed with expanders at first then implants under chest wall muscle.

Has all been fine until last couple of days. Was in A&E a couple of evenings ago as have been having chest tightness, heart palpitations, breathless etc and also have a really burning hot left hip and leg. Just come back from New York so docs did blood tests. Came back with high chance of blood clots (have been given thinners and booked for a scan in the morning) and my bloods also showed high levels of inflammation and abnormal liver functions. Have been on antibiotics for last 3 days now, not any better.

But the thing that has really upset me is whilst having ECG the doctor asked how long my breast has been so red and hot. A couple of days I answered. It's right around the mx scar and roughly where my original cancer was.

Didn't even cross my mind to mention it! How stupid of me. So it's a red rash, just red no dots etc. spreading to the size of an orange. Hot to the touch. Dare I even start thinking of inflammatory breast cancer?!! I did notice a couple of red patches like red bruises on that breast over the last 2/3 months but stupidly didn't do anything about it and have had sharp stabbing pains and itching too. 

My question is, with the fact I have had ductal before and then had full mx, can you then go on to have a different type of breast cancer? My cancer was sneaky, results were lymphovascular invasion. Grade 2 10cms and 20cms lumps, lots of DCIS and 1 sentinel showed a micro amount.

Getting it checked this afternoon at Marsden, fingers crossed! x