Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had My Diagnosis

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Had My Diagnosis

Hi KIttyqueen

The thread winter socks refers to is here:

http://share.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/chemotherapy-march-2012-t35938s744.html

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi KQ,

Glad you alrightish (under the circumstances) The thread is Chemo March 2012.

There appears to be quite a lot of us, and I still have trouble remembering everyone.

But I do find it to be of immense comfort especially when I feel scared.

WS

Hi Wintersocks....yes will join the thread when I find it lololol...

Am doing ok thank you and hope you are too...I just want to know how ill I'm going to feel after the chemo and how much I'll still be able to do really...hugs to you for Friday xxxxxx

Kittyqueen,

Will you join the March 2012 thread? How are you doin?

WS X

Thanks everyone,

I start my chemo next Tuesday all being well...'tis an EC-TC regime with heceptin starting mid range and various other bits I can't get my head round yet...looks similar to yours Wintersocks xxxxx

Hi Kittyqueen.

So sorry you've had to join us here, but I'm sure you'll find lots of info and support.

Chemo normally starts within 4 weeks of surgery.

Good luck!
Dx

Kittyqueen, I started chemo 20 days after my results from op. It was delayed a week while I had a quick holiday. I don't think they leave it too long. xx

Thanks She xxx Gonna do my best xx

Hi Kittyqueen and Wintersocks - just wanted to wish you both well on your 'journey', Yes, it will be a bit of a rollercoaster, but you will come out the other end a stronger lady because of it - I certainly did!

Big hugs xx

Thanks Wintersocks xxxx I'm sure we'll be able to help each other along the way xxxx

Kittyqueen,

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, my life has also changed dramatically since 20th Feb, well really the week before that when they said it was 95% bc.

I wish you well, you seem to be coping pretty well at the moment, I hope you have a good team and supportive friends and family and of course the forum, which has been truly a life saver for me, the support I have had has been wonderful.

I guess you and I will start our treatment much at the same time (My 1st chemo is Friday) I guess we will bump into each other somewhere along the way. X
My best wishes to you.

WS

Actually, meant to ask it's 2 weeks tomorrow since I had my lumpectomy and lymph node removal...how soon afterwards does chemo normally start?

Had My Diagnosis

Have finally been converted from the 'worried' to the defiantely 'have got' stage which I think I knew......... My lump was only 9mm but was a grade 3 I assume it is was a DCIS, There was nothing in the shavings and nothing in my lymph nodes but it wasn't particularly hormone responsive but HER-2 responsive and was also slow growing. I have been told I have to have chemo followed by rads..and I'm off to see the oncologist later.........I can't believe how my world has changed in the last 4 weeks but it could've been worse xxxxx