Amanda74

Re: Had appointment but still feel slightly worried

Thank you I will give them a call
Amanda x
Janet_BCC

Re: Had appointment but still feel slightly worried

Dear Amanda

Welcome to the BCC Forum.

It might also help to talk things over with one of our helpliners.  They will be open today from 10-2 and on weekdays from 9-5.  They'll be able to offer you practical information as well as emotional support.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Amanda74

Had appointment but still feel slightly worried

Hello everyone, I am new to the site. I am 39 and 2weeks ago I found a small lump on my right breast, I went to my gp and she confirmed it was alump and referred me to breast clinic, so I did the 12 day awfull wait and in that time I went from thinking it will be nothing to complete panic. So I went to my appointment yesterday, the nurse I saw said she couldn't really feel anything! Which shocked me as my husband,doctor and myself can feel it very easily, so I asked if another nurse could have a look,so along came another nurse who found it straight away and said I needed a mammo and scan. So had my mammo and waited for my ultrascan. When I went into the room for my scan the doctor came in and I asked if he had seen my mammo pics and he wasn't even aware I had one done, so off he went to have a look, he came back in said my mammo was fine and what was it I had felt, I explained about the lump and showed him where on my breast it was, he then started to scan that area looked at me said it was a duct and he had seen ones much bigger and he just walked out. Please don't get me wrong I am so grateful its not anything nasty but I don't feel as reasurrured as I thought I would. Sorry for the ramble just needed to get it out of my head. My husband thinks I am worrying about nothing. Because I check myself regular I no this is a new lump and I was not offered any reason to why I could all of a sudden feel it.
Amanda x