cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had biopsy today - what to expect/scared

14 REPLIES 14
Hotlips50

Re: Had biopsy today - what to expect/scared

Dear TG......pet....you must feel like ur world is falling apart....its easy for me to say....try and stay strong. I feel for you and ur family right now. Cyber hugs sent ur way from Scotland.
Linda x
pippadog

Hi Tracey

Like everyone else has said, I can't pretend to know how you are feeling at the moment. Have you contacted the ladies on the helpline here for a chat as they are really helpful and are great to talk to. Also the people on the other forums here are wonderful. Stay strong matey and bug hugs.

Love

Laura

xx

lucy12

Hi Tracey

Like Sylvia I can't pretend to understand how you must be feeling but wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and sending all the cyber hugs in the world.

Lucy xx

sylviah

Tracey.

Firstly well done for coming back on here and letting us know, that must have been hard for you.

Secondly, we are all here for you and if you want to scream and shout then do so, we will hear you. 

Thirdly, I really don't know how to answer your results and won't lie to you and say " I understand" what you are going through because I don't. 

It does seem though that your medical team are getting things happening for you quickly though which is very good. When is the CT scan booked for. I'm sure I am not alone in saying we will all pray for great results from that. Please let us know those results and your treatment plan, then we can all help you along the way with it and on those days when you need that little bit of extra support, you know where to come to.

I hope I have not been clumsy with the way I have put this.

Much love

Sylvia

xx

TG

Hi Linda,

Not great news, it's cancer.  Malignant Melanoma secondary, not curable & they can't locate primary site either.  So now it's CT scan & praying it's no where else, then surgery in a week to remove all lymph nodes (assuming they find no more tumours).  Apparently it doesn't respond to chemo either. 

So I'm praying for the best outcome and trying the 5:2 fasting diet with tons of fruit & veg, still can't quite believe it's so serious, but that's life I guess.

Hope your results are bit better news than mine & all the best for the future.

Tracey x

Hotlips50

Hey TG....thanks for reply. Yip if I was u I would be concerned too. I wouldnt say what I had was a lump...more of a swelling. Turns out the biopsies I have had and awaiting appointment for second has got nothibg to do with swelling. Biopsies for calcifications which ave been told has nothing to do with the swelling which was treated with antibiotic ointment and is almost cleared up although I have been told might come back and will need to be removed in future. Good luck with ur result. Keep me posted.

Hugs
Linda xx
Hotlips50

Hey Pippadog....thanks for ur replies. Firstly Pippadog, I am so glad u posted. I joined this Forum 2 weeks ago and so far ave felt like a bit of a fraud just because am going through tests but nothing has yet been confirmed. Not one other person has mentioned they also had calcifications...which up to December  I had never even heard of. I am with you on the result time factor. Dont get me wrong the Consultant and nurses have all been lovely but in no hurry to divulge any info. I have read up about calcifications. Were u told u had clusters? Ave been told I have 2 clusters behind my nipple and that is where they took the first biopsy. Appointment still awaited for second biopsy. If my results are benign I have no intentions of having treatment. I will just wait on mammogram I am due to get in 6 months for the "boil/cyst" which I had...hence why I found myself in breast clinic in first place. Why are u so worried about ie on valium....did u lose family to breast cancer?????  Sorry if u think I am being forward I just want to understand why ur so stressed about it especially if ur results were benign.

Take care

Linda xx

TG

Hi Pippadog & Hotlips,

Thanks for your replies,  I seem to have my lump in a different area compared to the majority of forum posts I've read.  I think my main worry is that it's nothing to do with the breasts & may be  metastatic from else where, that's my biggest fear. 

Definately the waiting is the worst, at times I forget about it whilst busy and everything seems OK for a while.

I must say though that the hospital I'm under is really good, I went from GP to breast clinic in 10 days, mammogram, ultrasound & biopsy another 4 days after & the dreaded results this coming Friday afternoon.  So I can't complain at all about the process. I'm still a bit dazed about it all as I wasn't initially concerned at a 'suddenly appearing large lump' & only went to GP expecting to be told it was a cyst........  Guess it's good that I was talked into going so quickly.

Hope everything goes well for you both.

Thanks, Tracey xxx

pippadog

Hi

Hotlips your situation is like mine. I have calcifications in my left breast. They did the biopsy on the area, but the results came back, breast tissue. Then the bc nurse said I needed another one. Now they've decided that they are satisfied its benign and if they do more biopsy's it would be like chasing shadows. They are seeing me again in July. I've also been aprroved for a preventative masectomy, which due to NHS waiting lists will probably be next January.

I don't know whether to be relieved or stressed. I think for now, I am going to try and be optimistic and think about again in July. I can't keep staying this stressed, on valium etc until July.

I do think the bc team who have dealt with me have been very blase with me though. The bc nurses I've found to be not very helpful. They seemed to think that the worse case scenario would be DCIS, as if that was some kind of positive thing. One breast nurse actually said to me well don't worry if its DCIS its not so fast as invasive. I was like, is that supposed to make me feel better?

I have concluded from all this is that breast care teams don't seem to consider us people waiting for results as any form of priority, which I think is completely wrong. Waiting for results is one of the worst parts of the process.

Big hugs

Laura

xxx 

Hotlips50

Hi TG......all the best with your results. I had a lump but it was being diognosed by GP as a boil in Sept 2013. It was on my right breast. I was referred to breast clinic initially I think as a precaution. After mammogram result I was told I have two calcification clusters. I had to google to find out what this actually meant. I didnt know whether it was good or bad. Ive had one biopsy which I have been told is inconclusive. I understand a calcification is like a grain of salt but can only be seen on a mammogram. I am waiting on my second biopsy appointment. Your life just seems to stop and you start to think that, I could have breast cancer or pre-cancerous cells which is not a good feeling. At the moment we had a bereavement in the family and I am not sure half the time if my tears are for that or for myself going through these tests. We need to ve strong and positive. My motto is no news is good news and I hope yours is too. Take care and keep your chin up girlie xx
Hotlips50

Re: Had biopsy today - what to expect ?

Hey Pippadog....read your comments. Stay strong and good luck.
Linda x
pippadog

Hi

I had a biopsy on my left breast several weeks ago. It was much like the punch biopsy, you explained. I didn't find the process itself too bad. I had a full local anaesthetic and it wasn't too sore. I can understand your worries. The waiting is the worst. Like alot of people, it can feel like hell. I've been on every kind of calming medication there is, to help me wait for my results. Valium, sleeping tablets etc.

The ladies on here are wonderful. I've found keeping busy the best advice. Also I know its near impossible but take each day as it comes. Remember depression occurs because of fears of the past and anxiety comes from fears about the future. Try to be in the present moment. Take each moment/day as it comes and don't think ahead. I know its easier said than done, but through all this its one of the main things that has kept me focused. 

Big hugs mate

Love

Laura

xx

TG

Thankyou, I'm not holding out much hope for replies
Lucy_BCC

Hi TG and welcome to the BCC forums
Whilst you await replies here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday so please feel free to call

Best wiehes
Lucy BCC

TG

Had biopsy today - what to expect/scared

Found large lump under right armpit 4 wks ago, Dr referred me to breast clinic & have been back today for mammogram, ultrasound & punch biopsy of rather enlarged lymph node (now towards 5cm size),  I go back in 1 wk to see consultant for results.  Anyone else had a similar experience with enlarged lymph node appearing so quickly, it's got bigger within 2wks & that's quite scary.  No other abnormalities found on mammogram/ultrasound, but feeling quite concerned that it's going to be serious. 

I'd really appreciate talking to anyone as feel very alone.