Had milk ducts removed and lump was found so scared

Hi all just wondered if this has happened to anyone? About 2 months ago I started to have spontaneous brown stain discharge from my nipple I was referred to breast clinic had a scan and mamogramm which were all clear, due to blood being found in the discharge my consultant recommended removal of the ducts. I had this yesterday evening when I came round I was told a lump was also removed and I have to now been seen in 1 week at breast clinic apposed to the 3 weeks they had originally told me I’m so scared I’m 36 with 3 young children I don’t want to leave them I didn’t get to ask questions yesterday but everything I’m reading up on points to cancer ? sorry I just need to vent I think

Hi Lindiloo

Sorry to read you’re having such a tough time at the moment, I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer your their knowledge and experiences.  In the meantime you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open today 10 to 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm

Best wishes Sam, BCC Faciltator  

Hi

I’m sorry you have this worry, it’s a difficult url situation to be in.

I had something not dissimilar. Found a lump under nipple, has mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy which came back all clear. Doc recommended having th  single duct removed which I did an  it was only then that I was diagnosed with cancer. In my case it was lobular cancer which tends to be difficult to spot. 

What I’m saying is probably going to panic you more but if it turn  out to be cancer  you have likely picked it up very early so the  prognosis is good. The fact that you didn’t ask questions will not change the fact that you have  to now wait a week for results but phone your bcn on Monday day to get more info.

Take care

Mary

Thank you for the replys Mary may I ask what happened next as in treatment prognosis etc? Thank you for sharing with me. I have prepared myself for bad news sort of knew something wasn’t right just wondered what happens next? I’m so scared, being sore and a bit down from my op the other day isn’t helping I guess xx