Had my Mastectomy

I had a Mastectomy last Friday 10th Jan, i am feeling good and pain free, i am going for my results next week 23rd, i met 2 other ladies the day i had my opp who were having the same opp, we are keeping intouch which is lovely, my treatment in the future is Chemo and Radiotherpy, i am a possitive person and will get through this,x

Hi Sue, so glad to hear you are doing well:) And that you’ve made a couple more friends along the way!

I was surprised that I wasn’t in pain after my mastectomy either. I have some phantom itches now, and sometimes some stabbing pains but they don’t last long. There is still a little bit of swelling under my arm, 5 months after.

I had cording, but that didn’t last long and wasn’t too unpleasant really. It just looked horrible to me, particularly the one that ran from the bottom of my recon to my hip! Luckily no LE.

I can’t comment on the chemo or rads, but there are plenty of knowledgable ladies on here who will be able to help should you need it.

Best of luck with your results next week - let us know how you get on. Take care and look after yourself, you will get through this:)xx

Enjoy the company of the people you meet - they are all special.  someone i know calls them “pilgrim support posts”, somebody else describes all the people you meet like an assorted box of chocolates - and you pick the ones you like and they support you at that time.  good luck

Hi Sue59,

Congrats (?) On getting through the mastectomy. I’ve found it encourging to see how quickly you’re in the mood to post.  I go in on 5 Feb and am finding the waiting difficult.  Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.  Jackie

All the best I had a single mastectomy followed by chemo and rad and tamoxifen. Have since hade reconstruction and 4 years on things are going really well. Its hard going through it but take the support offered to you and look after yourself and all being well you’ll pop in here once in a while in a few years time and be able to send support to ladies going through it. There’s a lot of good advice on here about how to cope with the therapy you’ll be going through so check it out, and just remember just because one person has a bad experience with some aspects doesnt necessarily mean you will take it as it comes. Keep positive as much as you can and try to look at the absurd things people will say and do round you and laugh at it. Good luck xx