Had my pre op assessment today

Found a lump on the 1st of Jan and have today confirmed it is cancer after the core biopsy results where in. God I’m so scared!! Can’t stop feeling the worst, and crying all the time. Luckly Due to work I have BUPA and I’m booked in for local excision and 4 nodes removal on Monday. How anyone survives a 6 week wait is unthinkable.

Hi, well the waiting doesn’t help but the emotions and feelings that you are going through will be the same or similar to everyone else. Be kind to yourself, take all the help you can and everyone on this forum is so lovely,really helpful and full of wise words and advice. Good luck for next week,love Cheryl x x

Hi Roobie45

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support. I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you are receiving on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Robbie
So sorry to hear your news. Yes, the waiting is the hardest. I was diagnosed with grade 1 invasive ductal BC 2 weeks ago and having my wide local excision and sentinel node biopsy and axilla lymph node sampling on 22/1. Then another 2 week wait for yet more results. Great you are in BUPA and having your op soon. Good luck for Monday. I have been trying to keep myself busy and have started sewing again. So machine out and one top made with second about to start! I was told after my repeat mammogram it looked malignant so I had prepared myself when I met with the surgeon. Talking to friends has been helpful and this site is brilliant! Take care and let me know how you get on.
Ginny xx

Glad your able to get surgery quickly and hope all goes well. I have to wait for now, looks like we got results of biopsies on same day. I have my pre-op assessment tomorrow then try to stay busy until surgery day x