cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had surgery yesterday, awaiting results

3 REPLIES 3
Johannie

Re: Had surgery yesterday, awaiting results

Thank you so much for all the advice, it's much appreciated. My husband just returned from the chemist with some arnica cream, so I'll give that a go. I do tend to bruise easily and it's pretty bad from what I can see round the dressings. Thankful for friends who helped with our children today 🙂
Many thanks again.
Seabreeze

Hi Johannie,
If neurofen isn't getting to the source of pain it may be worth a visit to your GP to see if you need something a bit stronger or a different type of painkiller. I'm not sure about the ice idea....extreme of cold may not be good? You could try arnica cream, I did when I had severe bruising post core biopsy - think the jury is out on how much it helped! I found I held my body strangely because of the bruising and hence developed pain in my upper back for which the GP prescribed codeine and when that didn't work, tramadol. After the op I shifted to amytriptyline which helped with nerve pain but I found it made me very sleepy.
Yes, it is a difficult item waiting for the results...I tried to be very philosophical, nothing I could do would affect the outcome, hence no point getting too stressed about it. Having said all of that of course it is in the back or front of your mind a lot of the time. A few days before the results were due I tried to prepare myself in case it wasn't the best news, so that I wouldn't be too thrown. As it turned out I didn't need another op and just escaped chemo, albeit did go on to radio. Try to rest, do anything remotely relaxing, meditation if it helps, and keep doing the exercises regularly. Good luck with the results and full sympathy for the bruising - it will go down but will take some time.
Seabreeze
Lucy_BCC

Hi Johannie and welcome to the BCC forums, I am sorry to read that you have this worry

Along with the support you will find here our helpliners are on hand with further support, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Johannie

Had surgery yesterday, awaiting results

Hi, I'm new here!
I had central duct excision yesterday and get the histology results in 10 days time. I've had a browny discharge for a few months, mammogram was clear and a slide sample showed no abnormal cells. Consultant thought it was papilloma so I was having a single duct removed. But yesterday he wasn't happy and removed more ducts than anticipated, although he said he had a 2cm margin around the growth.
I'm in a fair amount of pain, quite swollen and bruising is coming out. I'm taking ibuprofen but wondering if I can use ice? Any advice would be appreciated! It's a worrying time. I guess I just carry on as normal to fill time before the results. Thanks.