Had surgery yesterday, awaiting results

Hi, I’m new here!
I had central duct excision yesterday and get the histology results in 10 days time. I’ve had a browny discharge for a few months, mammogram was clear and a slide sample showed no abnormal cells. Consultant thought it was papilloma so I was having a single duct removed. But yesterday he wasn’t happy and removed more ducts than anticipated, although he said he had a 2cm margin around the growth.
I’m in a fair amount of pain, quite swollen and bruising is coming out. I’m taking ibuprofen but wondering if I can use ice? Any advice would be appreciated! It’s a worrying time. I guess I just carry on as normal to fill time before the results. Thanks.

Hi Johannie and welcome to the BCC forums, I am sorry to read that you have this worry

Along with the support you will find here our helpliners are on hand with further support, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Thank you so much for all the advice, it’s much appreciated. My husband just returned from the chemist with some arnica cream, so I’ll give that a go. I do tend to bruise easily and it’s pretty bad from what I can see round the dressings. Thankful for friends who helped with our children today :slight_smile:
Many thanks again.