cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haematoma 2 weeks after Lumpectomy

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Haematoma 2 weeks after Lumpectomy

I noticed a change to my breast 3 weeks after WLE just under my nipple, it was very red, hot, swollen and very hard at one end of the wound. I went to my GP who said it was a heamatoma. As the wound was not weeping she didn't give me any anti biotics as she wanted it to heal on its own, but was advised to go back if it got worse. After another week the redness and soreness had gone, I am 7 weeks after surgery now and the hardness has started to go, only have a small bit now compared to what it was, I am starting my radio therapy next week and was concerned it might affect that, but they have advised it will be fine.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Wishing you well

Debbie xx
Highlighted

Thanks for your support again ladies been to see GP who has referred me back to the hospital, I now have an appointment with my surgeon for thursday. So it's just a case of sitting back and waiting again.
Waiting - the story of our lives on our BC journey!
Highlighted

I had a WLE 9 years ago and about a week after noticed that something wasn't quite right, I rang my BC nurse and got an appointment to see her and it was a haematoma. I was given antibioctics, but I remember it took a while to go.

Highlighted

Hope your GP can allay your worries when you see him today Lyn. I'm still showing bruising and it's been 5 weeks since my WLE - some came out later but I didn't get a vast area of discoloration so I am crossing fingers for you it is all OK.
Highlighted

Haematoma 2 weeks after Lumpectomy

Is is possible to get a haematoma 2 weeks after WLE, i went back for check up last Thursday and all was ok, over the weekend I noticed discomfort below my nipple and this afternoon i noticed a vast change in colour in my breast below the nipple.
Spoke to breast nurse who said was probably just bruising and to go to see GP, got an appointment for tomorrow, i think it looks like haematoma. Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same. I'm due to have a 2nd lumpectomy in 2 weeks so am a little concerned.