1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair Loss

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hair Loss

Thanks Hevg123! I have just received the Trendco brochures, some lovely ones in there. I ordered a wig from Vogue via ebay on Thursday night, following a friend's recommendation, and it arrived today. Beautiful , v pleased, £21 inc postage. Japanese. So I feel a bit less worried now that I have one to hand . My nhs wig apptmt is 4th Oct., but I am still awaiting a date for my first chemo. Hopefully the wig centre will have some Trendco ones in their repertoire!
Guest user
Not applicable

I went to Trendco in Kensington (they do have other branches and do mail order). I had been to our local hospital linked supplier but it was in a really old fashioner hairdressers and they only had limited stock to try on). At Trendco, they have a really wide range and just made me feel better about the wig - I actually got one that I had tried on at the first place!
I then had it trimmed at Toni and Guy (charged £20) and that made all the difference. My real hair is very fine, so all wigs had much too much hair but sage trimmed and layered it so I was much less bulky. Good luck with your search

Hi all, has anyone got any wig company recommendations please? Thanks x

Hi, my scalp has become very sensitive and feels sore now too. I think I'll try the Aloe Vera suggestion. If anyone else has any tips for relief it would be appreciated:)

Hi Sue

This is one of the commonest problems when your hair starts to fall out. Are you using the cold cap? If not, I'm surprised you have hung onto your hair beyond the second treatment. What most of us do is to get someone to shave off the rest of our hair. My OH did mine, using a hair clipper without the comb on the end. Some had it done at the hairdressers. Usually, if the hairdresser knows that you are having chemo, some do it without charge. After mine was done, I gently washed my head with cool water. It was such a relief. The mess of the hair coming out was horrendous, even though I'd had a number 2 cut beforehand!! Of course, if you are using CC to save your hair, I can only think of using a Buff. They are available online or from http://www.buffshop.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

You will need to put the first half over you head, twist the back part, the put it over you head again.

Good luck with the rest of your chemo.

Oh yes, sore scalp is almost universal. One woman on this site said she screamed when a family member ruffled her buzz cut (many of us choose to have that to minimise the ghastliness of dropping hair everywhere). Many of us have found that aloe vera gel applied to the scalp helps, and the good news is that the pain and tingling doesn't last long.

Hugs

Jane x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hair Loss

Hi,I have had two treatments of chemo so far and as expected,I am lossing my hair!Does anyone else find their scalp sore and experince pins and needles type of sensation when they move their head on the pillow.I have bought a night cap to try and reduce the friction on the pillow and to stop it becoming covered in hair.Any other ideas that you think might help???