Hair colouring after chemo

Hair colouring after chemo

Hair colouring after chemo I finished my chemo on March 7. My oncologist said I could colour my hair after 3 months so as I’m going on holiday June 8 I 'm going to colour my hair just before going.

I am a little nervous though afraid of my hair falling out again, it would be devastating. I would like to hear from you about your experiences .

Many thanks

HAIR COLOURING I COLOURED MY HAIR AS SOON AS IT CAME THROUGH, DIDNT REMEMBER IT BEING THAT GREY BEFORE!! I HAD A SEMI PERMANENT COLOUR PUT ON AND IT WAS FINE. WHEN IT GREW A BIT MORE I ADVANCED TO A PERMANENT COLOUR AND AGAIN NO PROBLEMS. THAT WAS OVER THREE YEARS AGO NOW!
HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY
TAKE CARE
SHIRLEY

I coloured my hair as soon as I could too - mine grew back grey and black - ugh! I used Naturtint which is available from bigger stores of Holland and Barrett and on the internet (just google Naturtint and am sure it will bring lots of sites up). It is a very gentle permanent colour - apparently doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals and covers grey really well - I was very pleased with the results. Best of luck and have a great holiday.

ps - my hair has now grown back curly - am soooo pleased cos never had so much as a kink in it before - so am now now trying all different styles that I never could before!

Love and hugs, Jean

Had my hair coloured on Saturday. I finished my chemo in January. No problems and I feel so much better for getting rid of the grey.

Geraldine