cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair growth after chemo

7 REPLIES 7
Mac123

Re: Hair growth after chemo

Oops-sorry folks, I forgot to thank all of you for taking the time to reply. Thank you all so much x

Mac123

Wow Jellytot, your blog is amazing-thanks for sharing. My hair does sem to be getting thicker albeit slowly. Its also very grey now as I always had it coloured before. My eyebrows are almost non existent but with a bit of make up, you would never know Smiley Happy Thanks again x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,

Loved the Hair Diary Jellytot, your hair looks fantastic. I finished chemo sept 12 and have had 2 hair cuts. It is not as long but I am on herceptin so I think that hinders growth a little. I think the key thing with the growth is to be as gentle as possible with it as mine is very dry. I recommend moroccon oil. Also when long enough to visit a salon I have a proffessional treatment, Tony & Guy do a Kerastase one and it made my hair feel in great condition.

jellytot83

Hi Mac,

I've been using a bar shampoo from Lush. I finished chemo October 2012. and if you want to see my hair diary to see where you could be in about a year's time I've kept a hair diary here: http://thelittlestjojo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/hair-diary.html

Love Jelly x

Cinderssarah

I was advised to check out the Trevor Sorbie publication on line - its called Mynewhair not sure if it will help but I daresay you may get some tips from it
Kirstie

Hi I used dove shampoo and conditioner through out my chemo just had first trim yesterday 🙂 Hairdresser said my hair was nice and strong, it was quite curly growing back but now I have had a trim looks a bit like Julie Andrews lol finished chemo back in January. Good Luck xx

Lucy_BCC

Hi Mac
Whilst you await replies here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through your queries on 0808 800 60000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2
Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Mac123

Hair growth after chemo

I finished chemo 4 weeks ago and cold capped thgroughout. Whilst I have kept most of my hair it is very fine, brittle and weak. Can anyone advise me of a strengthening shampoo and conditioner that may help

Many thanks