Hair growth and dry scalp

Hi i finished my chemo in may 08 and have about 1 -1.5 " of hair has anyone got any tips for promoting hair growth , also the front of my scalp is a little dry with a bit of dandruff?

Would welcome any tips for hair care etc, am still wearing the wig outside as it is still too short for me, plus it is a bit chilly around the head at the momment!

Best wishes to you all
Sarah66

Hi, I used L’oreal System Professional Sensitive Lotion on my scalp when it was a bit flaky. It’s available as a professional product from hairdressers, but you can get if off a lot of the internet sites that sell hair stuff. I also found the Vitamin E moisturising spray mist from the Body Shop good as well. I used it on my scalp every day when I was bald and it has the added bonus of smelling like rose petals.

Keep your head warm in the current chilly snap lol!

actually my hair has just started coming back in with a vengance. I’ve been massaging vit E oil into the scalp which may be helping, I know it certainly helps with dry skin as I learnt about it from dealing with eczma.

Hi Sarah66

I was told by a friend that thsi stuff is great

ukhairdressers.com/store/details.asp?ID=tmhlst

I have just finished the epi and Im hoping my hair will start growing soon. May have to try it myself.

Take care

Angela

Hi Sarah,

I have been recommended by friends to try Nioxin hair products.

Appararently they were used by Kylie Minogue as her hair grew back. It is expensive at £38 for a System 2 Starter pack so I’m still thinking about it! I saw it online for this price at a site called salon lines. Other places seemed to be around £42 or more.

My hair has only just reached barely 2mm all over and I hope to wear my wig until it is much longer.

Have you found your wig slipping or becoming difficult to wear in any way as your hair grows back?

Marisa

Hi Marisa

Yes my wig does seem to be slipping and moving a bit, i suppose with a little more hair it will not be so secure, i will see how long it is after xmas but too short a t momment to do out, mind you Posh spice looks ok!!!

Regards
Sarah

for my itchy scalp I use Free & Lovely and it seems to do the trick - I don’t have dandruff, just the itchyness. Plus it makes my hair really soft.

I had a flaky scalp after brain radiation and was prescribed Polytar. This worked very well, although it doesn’t smell very nice - it’s the same smell as cold tar soap.
Love, Lynn