cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair growth

7 REPLIES 7
poemsgalore

Re: Hair growth

I had my last chemo on May 23rd and now 3 months into Anastrazole. My hair is quite thick, but short, which is how I like it.  But don't like the moustache and wispy beardy stuff under my chin!!

poemsgalore xx

BlackSwan

I finished chemo in March 2013 (but still continuing with Herceptin).   My hair is short but I love it.  Photos of my hair regrowth and hair colouring "experiments" can be found on my blog 

http://iameclectica.blogspot.co.uk/p/chemo-hair-regrowth_16.html

Kirstie

I finshed chemo in Jan 2013 now have full head of hair curly and quite short but enough to face the world lol Had long straight hair before 😞

netball

I finished chemo in June then got radiotherapy.  My hair is coming in but is still very short.  I have ditched the scarfs and everyone says I am rocking the JessieJ look!! It grew in patchy and fluffy so I shaved it off 3 times.  It grew in pure white but now getting a bit of brown coming through (I am 51).  I think it will take ages to get too any decent length.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jenny

I finished chemo in April 2011 and my hair is now shoulder length. I have had it cut loads of times as well. To encourage growth try Lee Stafford hair growth shampoo. And try not to stress too much.

Lotsa love

Sharon xx

Guest user
Not applicable

My last chemo was mid May...hair has grown bak all different lengths - grey hairs about 2cm, darker hairs about 1cm!!! Definitely not enough to get rid of the headscarf yet (I don't have the sort of "elfin" face that can carry off a super-short style...

Pretty much thinking along the lines of  "any hair is good hair..."

xx Sal

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Jenny, finished my chemo early June
my hair is very fine and has gone white!
growing back very slowly I think it takes between 3 and 6 months so I have been told
jenny5931

Hair growth

Hi

I finished chemo 29th april and wonder how much my hair should have grown it seems very slow and ive noticed my eyebrows are thinning again. I suppose i have half an inch of fine hair on my head but not enough to ditch the wig.

Jenny x