Hair growth

Hi to everyone, Finished my chemo in May that was the last one.
But my hair is not growing very much anyone had the same problem… How soon does it take to grow back properly,got about 1/2 inch on top of my head have to keep wetting it down as it stands up… hee hee
thanks
babs x

Hi Babs

Expect you were delighted to finish your chemo, I know I was. I finished mine at the end of March and radiotherapy at the beginning of June.

My hair has come back very dark - black in fact, with the dreaded grey of course! I ordered red/gold ala Nicole Kidman but it must have got lost in the post! It’s not very long on top, and like yours it tends to just stick up. I tried putting some gel on it but it didn’t look any different. I suppose it is growing but it seems to be taking ages. Can’t do anything with it - it’s just there! I bought some wash in/wash out colour and it has been good, certainly hid some of the grey!

Another peculiar thing has happened. The hairs on my legs have stopped growing. They were back to normal very quickly but I haven’t shaved them for 3 weeks. Have you had problems like this??

Love

Lynda xx

I finished taxatere in Jan 2006 and my hair still hasnt grown back! i am getting there but still have to wear a wig or scarf - i have now asked onc to refer me to a trico person.

hi guys,

i finished in sept 07. i though my hair would never grow back and used to read posts on here about people whos har did grow back.
i used to look ing the mirror everday to see how muxh it had grown. there was a point where they nothing you can do with it as it grows up. i ised to put light gel in it. now i have a head of hair, darker and thicker, so don’t worry your hair will grow, it just takes time.

lots of love
Nxx

Hi Babs,

My hair seemed to be very slow in growing back - from January 2008 just before my last chemo session - but it’s now quite thick and shock horror, very curly. My hair was really quite grey when it grew back, so I got my hairdresser to put Naturtint permanent hair colour on it earlier this month and it looks much better now. It’s also just about long enough to blow dry so I can pull out some of the curliness.

Yours will grow back but it may spring a few surprises on you so be prepared for the curls! Apparently it’s very common. I’m sure a few months from now it will look great.

All the best,
Kay

Thanks ladies for you comment. I will just have to wait hopefully it will come back mine was curly now it straight and its about 1/2 inch and sticks up, not had a problem with my leg hair thats fine but still no eyebrow or eyelashes yet but they do say they are the worsed Lynda.
Hi pineapple what is a trico person can i ask
love
babs

Is it a tricologist? a hair doctor?
But i have had an email from onc and he said since he has reported to wherever about my permanant hairloss because of taxatere there has been others report from all over the world. So i am afraid the answer is NO - IT DOESNT ALWAYS GROW BACK !

Hi,
I am so happy,
I finished chemo six weeks ago and my eyebrows and eyelashes are really growing back…even managed a little mascara this morning!!!
Hair still a little sad but early days yet, just have a headful of VERY grey fluff, no probs though, I will just have to get out my lovely blonde wig…or shall I go brunette today?
Decisions, decisions!!
Love,
Jan x

Nice decisions to have Jan ! :slight_smile: with me its is it the blue scarf or the cream one, black one, green one hummmm the choices i have to make . lol

Hi,

Well, reading your comments somehow makes me feel VERY frustrated!.. I finished my chemo/radiotherapy at the end of July and my hair is growing very slowly. I’m going on holiday in the middle of November and I wish I would be able to go to the hairdresser (however short my hair is) and get it dyed - something radical I think. It started off being very grey but, thankfully, there is some darkness in it. If anyone says ‘salt and pepper’ I will feel a smack coming on …

Hi

Finished TAC in June this year and my hair has started growing back quite dark and thick on top and at the sides, but seems to be a bit thin on the back of my head, like when a baby gets hair instead of fuzz. It also seems to have slowed down, the hairs on my legs are now really long, (I really must shave them!) and my eyelashes are growing but my eyebrows are growing back pure blond and you can’t see them (will have to get them dyed I suppose).

I don’t think my hair is going to be curly, I was rather hoping as I have always had straight hair.

Oh well, time will tell

love to all Nonny