1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair regrowth inbetween treatment !!

7 REPLIES 7
Lilac51

Re: Hair regrowth inbetween treatment !!

I finished my fourth lot of Tax at the end of May. My hair had gradually started growing since I finished FEC. It didn't fall out at all but was very slow growing and looked awful - varying shades of grey and white and some parts balder than others. I asked my hairdresser to even it out and colour it my usual brown at the beginning of September. My charming son told me I'd changed from looking like an old man with grey hair to looking like a middle aged man with brown hair! Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is to tell you I looked in the mirror this morning and the first thing I thought was 'Oh b----r, my white roots are showing.' Then the happy truth dawned that my hair has finally started growing at a reasonable rate. I'm keeping fingers crossed it will carry on as I'm at the point where I feel a bit silly wearing a scarf when I've got hair but I just can't carry off this masculine look.

kitten_mad

I had 3 FEC and then 3 tax (just finished two weeks ago). My hair started to come back after the FEC finished and is thickening up a bit now, it seems quite settled, although it will be ages before I enough to do without my wig. I was quite happy about this as I didn't expect any until after the 6 treatments so hopefully this is a bonus
K M
Guest user
Not applicable

Ladies thanks so much for your replies what a b....y nightmare all this treatment is .... To be honest I'm sick of looking like the blue bald people off the Argos advert lol ... I soo hope my hair ( well what I have of it ) stays & keeps on growing will keep u posted as hope you will too 🙂 ...
Michelle xx
Luvvie66

Hi Michelle
Ive been a bit worried about my hair.
I had one FEC and hair came out in clumps, starting day 15. I shaved it to #1.
I reacted badly to FEC and was changed to TC (taxetore / cyclophosphomide) for remaining 5 cycles.
I had my first one of these on 5th Sept. I still have hair!
It continued to fall out for a while, but the little that is left seems firmly in place.... Even if I tug it, it doesn't budge.
I should be grateful, but keep thinking that it means that the chemo isn't working!
I've a meeting with my onc next week to review how the TC went, so I'll mention it then.... In the meantime if anyone can reassure me I'd appreciate it.

S xxx
chascat

Hi Michelle, I lost most of my hair (but not all) after FEC 1, it started regrowing again after I had FEC 4, I was obviously delighted but then it all fell out again when I had my 6th and final FEC P@@ssed off was an understatement!

RevCat

Hi Michelle, as Angelfalls says we are all different. I had three FEC then three Tax, my hair started to grow after the second Tax and has kept on growing ever since. When it first came back it was mostly white and downy, but it soon became thicker and darker. Now I am two years since I started my chemo and have healthy (albeit still prone to curling!) hair that has been cut and styled several times. Hopefully your experience will be similar... with or without the chemo curls!

My avatar picture is one year post chemo, just after I had it cut for the first time.
Angelfalls

Hello Michelle,

I recently finished a 6 month course of weekly Taxol and my hair started to grow back with a vengeance with about a month to go. But two weeks after my final dose, it started to fall out again... We're all different, though, so maybe your hair will just keep on growing!

Good luck with the rest of your tx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hair regrowth inbetween treatment !!

Hi, I was wondering if anybodys hair has grown back inbetween treatments & did your hair fall out again with the remaining treatment or keep on growing? I have 4 more chemo session to go on TAX !!
Michelle xx