Hair removal from armpit after ANC

HI Guys

It’s been 1 month since surgery WLE & ANC and as you can imagine, my armpit hair has fully recovered.

So what do you guys use to remove it?
Which brand of cream would you recommend or does anyone use an electric razor?

Thanks in advance

Ang

Ang

I can’t answer your question direct but I started rads four weeks after WLE and ANC and that has solved the problem for me at the moment as the hair has disappeared again.

Sharon x

Hi Ang

I used a ladyshave electic doo dah which has been fine… altho having rads at the moment so not allowed to do anything to it and it is growing a treat - yuck!! Even through chemo the darned leg and armpit hair kept on growing although I was bald everywhere else!

xx

due to just having the tiniest patch of hairs on my surgery side, i use a razor, i just make sure im gentle.

Debbie

Hi Ang

Here is a link to a Breast Cancer Care publication which contains information about safe methods of removing under arm hair following surgery, it’s called ‘Reducing the risks of lymphoedema’ and may be helpful for you to reaad:

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/reducing_risk_of_lymphoedema_0.pdf

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Ang,

Good question. I also had the same surgery about the same time. I’ll read the BCC publication, don’t want to risk Lymphoedema.
Crikey, we have enough to cope with!!! Are you having chemo?

Hugs, Dyzee

Hi Dyzee

I’m getting IVF at the mo in the hopes I can babies later on, I’m 30 don’t you know :o)

So have put off Chemo til New Year’s Eve, having 3x fec then 3x tax, then rads after. What about yourself?

I’m most worried about lymphoedema just now, but what i worry about most changes nearly every day!!

I’ll read the bcc thingey too.

Cheers me dears

Ang

Hi Ang

I am having 6 cycles of Epirubicin and Cyclophosphamide (EC), followed by Rads, Tamoxifen and Arimidex.
First one on 19th Dec (merry chemo christmas) ho bleedin ho!!!

Re the surgery; they took 16 lymphnodes and found 1 to be involved. They didn’t put a drain in, but the wound drained
itself twice. Both times in the middle of the night, which frightened the hoohah out of me, as I didn’t know what the hell was
going on. It was like a burst pipe!!! I am still numb in my armpit area so would not dare use a razor, I can do enough damage when
I can feel what I’m doing!!!

Good luck with your IVF treatment hon. I didn’t have my daughter (only have the 1) until I was 34, so you have plenty of time!!!

What type of chemo will you be having?

Hugs,
Dyzee.X