cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair still falling out

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hair still falling out

Hi Marianne,

I finished chemo on 25th Nov 2016. I seem to be the same situation as you. My hair is still falling out - worse than during chemo. I was told I am anemic, so I'm taking iron tablets. The hair loss seems to be slowing down a bit, but this might be because it's thinned so much!.

I have bought some Plantur 30 Caffeien shampoo from Boots and trying this at the moment.

Best wishes,

Jane

Re: Hair still falling out

Hi Marianne48, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this upsetting time. There are lots of ladies on the Forum who have had experience of chemotherapy who I am sure will be along soon to support. 

You may want to look at our page on chemotherapy side effects here. In the meantime you can call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about the hair loss you are experiencing and help answer some of the questions you may have. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hair still falling out

I had my last chemo treatment 6 weeks ago and my hair is still falling out. Does anyone know if this is normal? It's depressing still finding it on my pillow or falling into basin when I clean my teeth. It actually seems worse than it was on last chemo session.